270soft Forum

2020 Issue: Gridlock

vcczar

Here's another 2020 issue, along with candidate positions. Let me know if anything should be amended. 

FL: No compromise with conservatives; gridlock preferable to compromise. [Warren]

L: Work with Republicans when they are willing to work on Progressive issues [Sanders, O'Malley, Gabbard, Garcetti, ShBrown, Grayson, Franken, Newsom, Moulton]

CL: Work with Republicans to fulfill our agenda [McAuliffe, Castro, KHarris, Booker, Gillibrand, HClinton, Buttigieg, Cuomo]

C: We must work together on everything for the American people; sometimes we have to let the opposition win [Huntsman, Biden, Chafee, Edwards, Bullock, Steyer, Heinrich, Schultz]

CR: Work with Democrats to fulfill our agenda [Kasich, Graham, Martinez, Sasse, Collins]

R: Work with Democrats only if they are willing to work on conservative issues [Trump, Paul, Rubio, Cotton]

FR: Gridlock is preferred to any compromise with liberals or progressives. [Cruz]

Thanks, I'll probably move both Kasich and Collins to the center. I had considered it. 

I'd put Rand Paul at center-right because of his willingness to work with Democrats on things such as privacy and criminal justice reform.

5 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I'd put Rand Paul at center-right because of his willingness to work with Democrats on things such as privacy and criminal justice reform.

That's a good point. I'll make that change. 

Archived