270soft Forum

Alabama 1970 Democratic Primary

daons

Thought I'd have a go at a 1970 Alabama Gubernatorial election but I've decided to make it the Democratic Primary only, given that Wallace won the General Election with about 75% of the vote and the GOP didn't field a candidate. It is based on the 1972 official scenario with accurate county populations (but not electorates, turnout will be reduced to adjust for this,)

The primary was competitive with sitting Governor and a former Gov. going for the nomination. The contest was a nationwide popular vote which went to a run-off - which will work under the new Pop. Vote mode better than dividing delegates across counties. This will also allow a live election night rather than pop-up results only.

I might do a full multiparty scenario if this one turns out ok and especially if nationwide primaries were to be introduced, but it might be harder to get enough info on the minor parties.

Would people be interested in this scenario and does anyone have any ideas which could enhance this?

Thanks

5 minutes ago, daons said:

Thought I'd have a go at a 1970 Alabama Gubernatorial election but I've decided to make it the Democratic Primary only, given that Wallace won the General Election with about 75% of the vote and the GOP didn't field a candidate. It is based on the 1972 official scenario with accurate county populations (but not electorates, turnout will be reduced to adjust for this,)

The primary was competitive with sitting Governor and a former Gov. going for the nomination. The contest was a nationwide popular vote which went to a run-off - which will work under the new Pop. Vote mode better than dividing delegates across counties. This will also allow a live election night rather than pop-up results only.

I might do a full multiparty scenario if this one turns out ok and especially if nationwide primaries were to be introduced, but it might be harder to get enough info on the minor parties.

Would people be interested in this scenario and does anyone have any ideas which could enhance this?

Thanks

It'd still be nice to see a general election too.

Archived