Jump to content
270soft Forum

Recommended Posts

I'm going to go through each of my campaign issues for my 2020 scenario. Please let me know if you think I should reword, or completely reconsider the stances on these issues. The candidates are in brackets. Let me know if you think they should be moved. Some are harder to place than others as they've been inconsistent in their statements. 

Immigration:

Far-left: Completely open borders. Try to obtain global citizenship. 

Left: Immigration is great! The more immigrants the better. Just require a criminal record check. Full blanket amnesty. [Cuomo, Castro, Garcetti, Newsom]

Center-left: Legal immigration is great. Support guest-worker program for illegals and amnesty. [Graham, Biden, Sanders, McAuliffe, KHarris, Steyer, Warren, Booker, Gillibrand, ShBrown, Schultz, HClinton, Franken, Buttigieg, Rubio, O'Malley, Gabbard, Heinrich, Grayson, Moulton]

Center: Enforce current laws and tighter border security but allow room for guest worker programs [Kasich, Huntsman, Edwards, Bullock, Chafee]

Center-right: Illegal immigration is a serious problem. Tighter border security. Reform immigration laws. [Collins, Martinez, Cotton, Sasse]

Right: Tighten border security with stricter immigration enforcement provisions. Deport illegal immigrants. [Paul, Cruz]

Far right: Deport illegal immigrants and build a massive security wall on our border. [Trump]

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'm going to go through each of my campaign issues for my 2020 scenario. Please let me know if you think I should reword, or completely reconsider the stances on these issues. The candidates are in brackets. Let me know if you think they should be moved. Some are harder to place than others as they've been inconsistent in their statements. 

Immigration:

Far-left: Completely open borders. Try to obtain global citizenship. 

Left: Immigration is great! The more immigrants the better. Just require a criminal record check. Full blanket amnesty. [Cuomo, Castro, Garcetti, Newsom]

Center-left: Legal immigration is great. Support guest-worker program for illegals and amnesty. [Graham, Biden, Sanders, McAuliffe, KHarris, Steyer, Warren, Booker, Gillibrand, ShBrown, Schultz, HClinton, Franken, Buttigieg, Rubio, O'Malley, Gabbard, Heinrich, Grayson, Moulton]

Center: Enforce current laws and tighter border security but allow room for guest worker programs [Kasich, Huntsman, Edwards, Bullock, Chafee]

Center-right: Illegal immigration is a serious problem. Tighter border security. Reform immigration laws. [Collins, Martinez, Cotton, Sasse]

Right: Tighten border security with stricter immigration enforcement provisions. Deport illegal immigrants. [Paul, Cruz]

Far right: Deport illegal immigrants and build a massive security wall on our border. [Trump]

I like this, try to find a Far-Leftist, but it's quite good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

The positions depend a lot on whether or not the wall is built by 2020 in my opinion. In your scenario has it happened yet?

No it hasn't happened, and I doubt it will. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I like this, try to find a Far-Leftist, but it's quite good.

Thanks. I think the only far-leftists on this issue will be Green Party candidates. Democrats, even the more progressive ones are generally only center-left on immigration. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

No it hasn't happened, and I doubt it will. 

 

How about Trump does it and while everyone's distracted pushes that obamacare repeal bill through congress.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

How about Trump does it and while everyone's distracted pushes that obamacare repeal bill through congress.

In my 2020 scenario, for now, the wall hasn't been built. I also don't have Trumpcare as having passed, but I will alter this if it does. But let's not discuss that until I get to that issue. Let's stay on immigration. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...