270soft Forum

Request of a HK map

hkcitykid

I am creating a Hong Kong election campaign. Maybe I'm a good writer but definitely not a good map drawer as I find it difficult to draw a Hong Kong map.

Therefore, I am asking for a Hong Kong map created by good drawers. 

Thanks for any assistance.

12 hours ago, hkcitykid said:

A map of HK. The loose lines and the outlying islands had driven me crazy so I think we can neglect the islands.

2000px-China_Hong_Kong_location_map.svg.png

A Hong Kong scenario would be great, with one problem - the way it's set up, even if the Pro-Democracy Parties outnumber the Pro-Beijing Parties in total, even by a sizable number of seats, the Executive Head (appointed by Beijing) will STILL choose the Chief Minister and all the Executive Council members from Pro-Beijing Parties. It's not a "responsible parliamentary system" in terms of legislative-executive relationship in truth.

13 hours ago, Patine said:

A Hong Kong scenario would be great, with one problem - the way it's set up, even if the Pro-Democracy Parties outnumber the Pro-Beijing Parties in total, even by a sizable number of seats, the Executive Head (appointed by Beijing) will STILL choose the Chief Minister and all the Executive Council members from Pro-Beijing Parties. It's not a "responsible parliamentary system" in terms of legislative-executive relationship in truth.

Exactly. I'm a Hongkonger so I know this problem. This is one of the biggest problem I have encountered when I am creating the Hong Kong campaign. Therefore my campaign is proposed that HK people had the right to vote for the Chief Executive (Now they can't). Popular vote system will be used.

9 hours ago, hkcitykid said:

Exactly. I'm a Hongkonger so I know this problem. This is one of the biggest problem I have encountered when I am creating the Hong Kong campaign. Therefore my campaign is proposed that HK people had the right to vote for the Chief Executive (Now they can't). Popular vote system will be used.

I actually know this too because, in the city I live in (Edmonton, Canada) the Chinese diaspora here is hugely disproportionately from Hong Kong-based origin, and Mainland, Taiwanese, Macau, or Singaporean origin are a minority in the Chinese community here. The signs in Chinatown are almost all in Cantonese in traditional script, not Mandarin in New Script. So, I've met a lot of people from Hong Kong (including some who still maintain ties and even return to visit), so I've heard much about these problems.

Archived