270soft Forum

All-Time POTUS Campaign

servo75

I'm re-vamping my All-Time POTUS Campaign.  I used to insert candidates by party, i.e. Democratic, Republican, Federalist, Whig. But that's proved problematic since different parties dominated different regions in different times.  I would run as Lincoln and sweep the South, for example.

So I'm re-doing it so that every candidate has his own party (with primaries disabled).  I want to add candidates in three tiers as follows, in the order I think people would be the most interested in.

Version 1: Washington, Jefferson, Reagan, F.Roosevelt, Lincoln
Version 2: Nixon, T.Roosevelt, Obama, Kennedy
Version 3: L.Johnson, J.Adams, Jackson, Truman

Your thoughts?  I will consider adding campaign losers too (Hillary Clinton, Henry Clay, W.J. Bryan) but it would be in v.4 or later.

I can't read it, since I have the original poster blocked, but if it is one of those scenarios that has every historical president as a possible candidate for office, then I have such a scenario, which includes some people that didn't win the presidency. However, it isn't completely finished. I have historical surrogates--senators, governors, etc. I don't have any events. I haven't worked on it in awhile, because I think I was having some sort of error pop up. In my scenario, I do not use the historical parties, since the voting demographics have changed. I think I use Liberals and Conservatives instead, or something close to that. 

5 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

That would be interesting. Don't forget Trump. 

I haven't... I'm no longer doing it in stages, since I already had the candidates created it was easier to just create copies of all existing parties.  Putting together the region percentages will obviously require some guess work.

11 hours ago, vcczar said:

I can't read it, since I have the original poster blocked, but if it is one of those scenarios that has every historical president as a possible candidate for office, then I have such a scenario, which includes some people that didn't win the presidency. However, it isn't completely finished. I have historical surrogates--senators, governors, etc. I don't have any events. I haven't worked on it in awhile, because I think I was having some sort of error pop up. In my scenario, I do not use the historical parties, since the voting demographics have changed. I think I use Liberals and Conservatives instead, or something close to that. 

Why do you have servo75 blocked? Did I miss something?

27 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

Why do you have servo75 blocked? Did I miss something?

It's not important enough to elaborate, but it was necessary for me to do it. 

I didn't want to reply to this because it's off topic. But @vcczar evidently doesn't like my viewpoints and somehow thinks this is a way to "keep me in line" and that I care whether he blocks me or not.

9 hours ago, vcczar said:

It's not important enough to elaborate, but it was necessary for me to do it. 

back then since the thing that led to it was going to get out of hand otherwise. now it's simply unneccessary

3 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

back then since the thing that led to it was going to get out of hand otherwise. now it's simply unneccessary

This was not an isolated incident. I have blocked and unblocked him numerous times, and I'm not giving him or the two other people I'm blocking any more chances.  This is my decision. This is not your decision or anyone else's decision. And while I might take up your or anyone else's unsolicited advice in other areas, I will not listen to it on this issue. 

14 minutes ago, vcczar said:

This was not an isolated incident. I have blocked and unblocked him numerous times, and I'm not giving him or the two other people I'm blocking any more chances.  This is my decision. This is not your decision or anyone else's decision. And while I might take up your or anyone else's unsolicited advice in other areas, I will not listen to it on this issue. 

koneke and presidentinsertname correct? I think >90% of this forum has those 2 blocked.

fair enough though in regards to your blocking.

Archived