270soft Forum

Israel 2015

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

sorry i had a busy day, issues could be of course, Gaza policy, fight against poverty, terrorism in general, and Palestine policy, most issues (that have momentum at least) are more foreign/palestine oriented

3 minutes ago, Ido said:

sorry i had a busy day, issues could be of course, Gaza policy, fight against poverty, terrorism in general, and Palestine policy, most issues (that have momentum at least) are more foreign/palestine oriented

Well and the draft

12 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@Patine How would one calculate a d'hondt PR systems seats divisions on paper (I'm trying to implement it for an external app to allow for the election.)

I would say use the six administrative districts as population voting reference regions instead of seats.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

I would say use the six administrative districts as population voting reference regions instead of seats.

what do you mean by "population voting reference regions"?

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

That is, regions to quantify voting in, in lieu of constituencies.

ok. I'm making an external app for this and I want to know how I can implement the calculating formula

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

ok. I'm making an external app for this and I want to know how I can implement the calculating formula

You're probably better at computer programming, high school math, AND the rules of Israeli elections than me...

Just now, Patine said:

You're probably better at computer programming, high school math, AND the rules of Israeli elections than me...

I'm actually very eh on my math hence why I'm asking.

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Ido said:

@NYrepublicanwe can resume work on this scenario, now i finally have PM Infinity

A lousy engine for Israeli elections as I've said. Only K4E even comes close to what would be needed (and even it's not perfect), without wonky external apps that the AI will utterly ignore in behaviour, thus completely sabotaging game play.

1 minute ago, Ido said:

we made it work in President Infinity for crying out loud

You made a kitbashed, jury-rigged attempt in President Infinity and then ignored all concerns and criticism about it's functioning, declared it worked, congratulated yourselves, and called it a day. Please be honest here.

2 minutes ago, Ido said:

i'm really honest, i said it's just version 1.0 not the definitive product, it still works, i didn't say it's perfect, and i didn't make the system, @NYrepublicanmade it

You also seem to be completely ignoring the fact of how IMMENSELY more incompatible a Knesset Election is with PMI engine than those erstwhile (and, ultimately, failed experiment) direct PM elections are with PI. A Knesset election has very little in common in terms of it's electoral mechanics to a Westminster-style Parliamentary election at all.