270soft Forum

CHALLENGE:

Win the 2004 Election with Lincoln Chafee....

I beat Bush in the primaries having a Majority of delegates, and deafeated Wesley Clark in the General Elections 

285-253. 

28 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

CHALLENGE:

Win the 2004 Election with Lincoln Chafee....

I beat Bush in the primaries having a Majority of delegates, and deafeated Wesley Clark in the General Elections 

285-253. 

I already did lol. In a landslide.

@Reagan04

What was harder for you? Primaries or generals? 

The generals for me were easy I could have not done anything and won the generals....i barely edged Bush out in the primaries....it came down to the last state....

Just now, jdm06ltd said:

@Reagan04

The generals for me were easy I could have not done anything and won the generals....i barely edged Bush out in the primaries....it came down to the last state....

I was able to build up momentum in early states to crush Bush in the primaries, but it was hit or miss there.

I won the first like 6 states against Bush, then he won like 10...then I won CA and NY, IL, PA, OH, most of the rest of New england and a few midwestern states...i won 21 states I think....bush won the rest and all the territories....but...it came dowm to the last state wich was Nebraska I think, I outworked Bush and wom by 3% and won by about 12 Delegates....

2 hours ago, jdm06ltd said:

@Reagan04

Don't take a general win for granted. I thought that about 1936 one time, I didn't campaign as FDR and Landon beat me with like 370 EVs :P

@SirLagsalott

Kerry was an inherintly awful candidate. Wesley Clark was tougher....i mean when I made it to the generals the Republicans were solidly ahead of the Democrats....Clark was in a no win situation....i hardly did a thing....i car about getting the "W" not it being a humiliation. 

34 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

@SirLagsalott

Kerry was an inherintly awful candidate. Wesley Clark was tougher....i mean when I made it to the generals the Republicans were solidly ahead of the Democrats....Clark was in a no win situation....i hardly did a thing....i car about getting the "W" not it being a humiliation. 

Kerry had the problem that, even though his domestic policy was somewhat distinct from Bush, his foreign policy (the biggest part of that election) was almost identical to Bush's, just phrased a bit differently. That, and it was widely known they were both members of the same secret, politically-oriented fraternity, the Skull-and-Bones, Bush's incumbency bonus became absolutely huge, because Kerry wasn't much of an alternative - moreso a clone in many key areas.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Kerry had the problem that, even though his domestic policy was somewhat distinct from Bush, his foreign policy (the biggest part of that election) was almost identical to Bush's, just phrased a bit differently. That, and it was widely known they were both members of the same secret, politically-oriented fraternity, the Skull-and-Bones, Bush's incumbency bonus became absolutely huge, because Kerry wasn't much of an alternative - moreso a clone in many key areas.

There was also this :P