Jump to content
270soft Forum

Poll about your political leanings  

35 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you economically?

    • Far-left
      1
    • Left
      10
    • Center-left
      4
    • Center
      6
    • Center-right
      7
    • Right
      5
    • Far-right
      3
  2. 2. Socially?

    • Far-left
      4
    • Left
      13
    • Center-left
      8
    • Center
      6
    • Center-right
      1
    • Right
      2
    • Far-right
      2
  3. 3. Which party would you support more than the others?

    • Democratic Party
      19
    • Republican Party
      10
    • Libertarian Party
      4
    • Green Party
      2
    • Constitution Party
      1
    • Socialiast Party
      0


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, HomosexualSocialist said:

Austin Petersen Almost defeated jonhson right?

I don't know about almost - it was second place but I think Johnson won on the first ballot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, servo75 said:

I don't know about almost - it was second place but I think Johnson won on the first ballot.

I believe it was the second ballot, but Johnson got something around 47% on the first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2017 at 4:28 PM, HomosexualSocialist said:

Trump makes a lot of inflammatory speeches. 

People are comparing him with my president but my president has 22 years of experience in politics. While he virtually has nothing, take a look at how f*cked up the USA is now? His entire administration and plans has been overshadowed by the russia scandal. 

 

Clinton has problems too, she represents the democratic party establishment , which is in any way BAD! Although her email scandal has been overpowered ( what ever you call that) by the media it still bugs me that someone running for president has integrity issues. 

 

Don't want to go off-topic but I can't let that go. "Entire administration overshadowed by Russia scandal?"  First, there's no scandal.  It's an invention of the deep state who are so off-their-rockers about Trump's fair and constitutional win.  There's no evidence, the only crime exposed here has been the leaking itself by Obama holdovers who are putting partisan politics over the sovereignty of our nation.  My problem with people on the left is that they can't just have problems with Trump's policies.  I don't like his constant use of Twitter.  I have questions about his cabinet picks and some of his policy decisions.  I think he's too liberal in some areas.  But I don't rush to hyperbole and insist that every decision that I don't like is going to be an end-of-the-world catastrophe.

I would ask people out there who are not Trump fans to just take a deep breath (and a few Xanax), and ask yourself if you deep down believe what you're saying.  I'd have a much deeper respect for the never-Trumpers if they actually formulated arguments against Trump's policies instead of catastrophizing about the end of the world every time he says something you don't like.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, servo75 said:

Don't want to go off-topic but I can't let that go. "Entire administration overshadowed by Russia scandal?"  First, there's no scandal.  It's an invention of the deep state who are so off-their-rockers about Trump's fair and constitutional win.  There's no evidence, the only crime exposed here has been the leaking itself by Obama holdovers who are putting partisan politics over the sovereignty of our nation.  My problem with people on the left is that they can't just have problems with Trump's policies.  I don't like his constant use of Twitter.  I have questions about his cabinet picks and some of his policy decisions.  I think he's too liberal in some areas.  But I don't rush to hyperbole and insist that every decision that I don't like is going to be an end-of-the-world catastrophe.

I would ask people out there who are not Trump fans to just take a deep breath (and a few Xanax), and ask yourself if you deep down believe what you're saying.  I'd have a much deeper respect for the never-Trumpers if they actually formulated arguments against Trump's policies instead of catastrophizing about the end of the world every time he says something you don't like.

Since you seem to imply that this behaviour is typical of "people on the left" and "people are not Trump fans" (worded as absolute statements), I'd like to point out my opinion. I believe Trump is overexposed by both his supporters and critics. Everyday, everywhere I go, on the Internet, television, newspapers, even casual conversation, people are bandying back and forth about Trump, both his supporters and critics, about MUCH more than his polices. Even him misspelling the word "coffee" on twitter has right-wing paraphernalia makers producing travel mugs for Trump supporters misstated drink of choice printed on it. The REAL is that he's not just viewed by the vast majority of the public as a politician and businessman, but that mixed with a celebrity, and that exaggerates and broadens the depth and coverage made of him. His own charisma and flamboyant campaigning style, and his history in media, is coming back to haunt him when he just wants to be viewed as a legitimate leaders. I personally could care less about what he types on Twitter, what he drinks, what hijinks his family gets up to, how he shakes hands with other world leaders, etc. - unfortunately it's hard to avoid such knowledge, even if one deliberately tries. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Patine said:

Since you seem to imply that this behaviour is typical of "people on the left" and "people are not Trump fans" (worded as absolute statements), I'd like to point out my opinion. I believe Trump is overexposed by both his supporters and critics. Everyday, everywhere I go, on the Internet, television, newspapers, even casual conversation, people are bandying back and forth about Trump, both his supporters and critics, about MUCH more than his polices. Even him misspelling the word "coffee" on twitter has right-wing paraphernalia makers producing travel mugs for Trump supporters misstated drink of choice printed on it. The REAL is that he's not just viewed by the vast majority of the public as a politician and businessman, but that mixed with a celebrity, and that exaggerates and broadens the depth and coverage made of him. His own charisma and flamboyant campaigning style, and his history in media, is coming back to haunt him when he just wants to be viewed as a legitimate leaders. I personally could care less about what he types on Twitter, what he drinks, what hijinks his family gets up to, how he shakes hands with other world leaders, etc. - unfortunately it's hard to avoid such knowledge, even if one deliberately tries. 

Both sides are getting hyped up about Trump.  The behavior I referred to was specifically the anti-Trump, world-is-falling-down hysteria, and yes that is mainly coming from the left.  This media insistence on a Russian collusion and reporting it as fact despite absolutely no evidence beyond rumor.  Democrats like Maxine Waters demanding impeachment for no evidence, lawmakers boycotting his inauguration and refusing to even meet with him.  I see message boards one after the other where people are regurgitating talking points without any critical thought.  Now he does a lot to overexpose himself, that's true.  But nobody deserves the vitrol that he's been getting.  I mean rogue agents leaking confidential information, making up one Russia conspiracy after another, or a "comedian" standing with a fake bloody head of Trump.  I needn't ask what would have happened if it was a conservative comedian and a head of Barack Obama, true double-standard.  And then you have people not only defending Kathy Griffin but attacking Trump's family for being upset.  Criticism is one thing, disagreement is one thing, but this type of absolute hatred can only be designed to try to tear us apart further.  I'm not trying to argue for or against Trump or his policies here.  I'm merely asking people to have a sense of proportion because this hysteria just takes away from credibility when every contact with someone from Russia is some grand collusion.  That's all I have to say on the matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, servo75 said:

Both sides are getting hyped up about Trump.  The behavior I referred to was specifically the anti-Trump, world-is-falling-down hysteria, and yes that is mainly coming from the left.  This media insistence on a Russian collusion and reporting it as fact despite absolutely no evidence beyond rumor.  Democrats like Maxine Waters demanding impeachment for no evidence, lawmakers boycotting his inauguration and refusing to even meet with him.  I see message boards one after the other where people are regurgitating talking points without any critical thought.  Now he does a lot to overexpose himself, that's true.  But nobody deserves the vitrol that he's been getting.  I mean rogue agents leaking confidential information, making up one Russia conspiracy after another, or a "comedian" standing with a fake bloody head of Trump.  I needn't ask what would have happened if it was a conservative comedian and a head of Barack Obama, true double-standard.  And then you have people not only defending Kathy Griffin but attacking Trump's family for being upset.  Criticism is one thing, disagreement is one thing, but this type of absolute hatred can only be designed to try to tear us apart further.  I'm not trying to argue for or against Trump or his policies here.  I'm merely asking people to have a sense of proportion because this hysteria just takes away from credibility when every contact with someone from Russia is some grand collusion.  That's all I have to say on the matter.

Actually, not in defense of Griffin and her tasteless "humour", but I do recall some fairly macabre and grisly and, yes, inappropriate attempts at "humour" directed at Obama, and a number of accusations that proved to be baseless to attempt to delegitimatize him as President (the Birther and Moslem Sleeper Agent crap that was circulating for so long, as good examples). Now, I, myself, don't condone such garbage from either side of the aisle, EXCPEPT for the fact that Freedom of Speech and the Press protects it in both cases, but in both cases it's still tasteless nonetheless - I'm just pointing out here it's not exclusive to the Left or only Trump suffering it - Right-wing pundits, "entertainers", and conspiracy-theorists were indeed doing the same thing to Obama.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Patine said:

Actually, not in defense of Griffin and her tasteless "humour", but I do recall some fairly macabre and grisly and, yes, inappropriate attempts at "humour" directed at Obama, and a number of accusations that proved to be baseless to attempt to delegitimatize him as President (the Birther and Moslem Sleeper Agent crap that was circulating for so long, as good examples). Now, I, myself, don't condone such garbage from either side of the aisle, EXCPEPT for the fact that Freedom of Speech and the Press protects it in both cases, but in both cases it's still tasteless nonetheless - I'm just pointing out here it's not exclusive to the Left or only Trump suffering it - Right-wing pundits, "entertainers", and conspiracy-theorists were indeed doing the same thing to Obama.

I'm not accusing anyone here, and I believe nobody on this board would condone Kathy Griffin.  I would condemn a similar attack on Obama.  I always thought the birther movement was stupid, but comparing criticism of one's birthplace with the stuff that's going on today? There's clearly a double standard.  CNN got a rodeo clown fired for simply wearing an Obama mask.  I'd bet $100 that if anyone said/did the exact same things about Barack Obama, their lives would be ruined, yet I don't see the same outrage for the anti-Trump attacks from anyone in the mainstream media or the Democrat party. I just watched Eric Trump on Hannity's show, and regardless about how you feel about the President, his family, Fox News, or Hannity himself, you could see how upset he was - nobody deserves these levels of attacks.  Going after Trump's family, his 11 year old son, MSNBC anchor literally calling Trump a "piece of sh*t" on air.  Politics aside, there's been a total breakdown of decency and decorum in today's world.  We've seen vicious campaigns in the past, but there seems to be no low that the ESTABLISHMENT left won't sink to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, servo75 said:

I'm not accusing anyone here, and I believe nobody on this board would condone Kathy Griffin.  I would condemn a similar attack on Obama.  I always thought the birther movement was stupid, but comparing criticism of one's birthplace with the stuff that's going on today? There's clearly a double standard.  CNN got a rodeo clown fired for simply wearing an Obama mask.  I'd bet $100 that if anyone said/did the exact same things about Barack Obama, their lives would be ruined, yet I don't see the same outrage for the anti-Trump attacks from anyone in the mainstream media or the Democrat party. I just watched Eric Trump on Hannity's show, and regardless about how you feel about the President, his family, Fox News, or Hannity himself, you could see how upset he was - nobody deserves these levels of attacks.  Going after Trump's family, his 11 year old son, MSNBC anchor literally calling Trump a "piece of sh*t" on air.  Politics aside, there's been a total breakdown of decency and decorum in today's world.  We've seen vicious campaigns in the past, but there seems to be no low that the ESTABLISHMENT left won't sink to. 

I definitely agree that personal attacks in American politics from both sides have reached an irreprehensible low not seen since the Jackson vs. Adams and Clay days, really. One's family, personal appearance, mannerisms, race, gender, minutia of lifestyle, even religion (unless one is pushing a theocratic platform), should not be things relevant to a political campaign or the analysis of a politician's quality at doing their job. Unfortunately, these things ARE dragged into it, and from both sides of the aisle. If it's going to be a remedied, it's got to be a mutual, bipartisan remedy, or it's just not going to work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, servo75 said:

I always thought the birther movement was stupid, but comparing criticism of one's birthplace with the stuff that's going on today?

They weren't criticizing Obama's birthplace, they were saying he was born somewhere he wasn't as a means to claim he was an illegitimate president.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pilight said:

They weren't criticizing Obama's birthplace, they were saying he was born somewhere he wasn't as a means to claim he was an illegitimate president.

Which wouldn't even be true even if he WAS born in Kenya, may I add. Obama could've been born on Pluto and he'd still be eligible to hold office under the 14th amendment as long as his mother was a US citizen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, President Garrett Walker said:

Which wouldn't even be true even if he WAS born in Kenya, may I add. Obama could've been born on Pluto and he'd still be eligible to hold office under the 14th amendment as long as his mother was a US citizen.

Right.  The same reason Cruz would have been allowed to become President.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Right.  The same reason Cruz would have been allowed to become President.

Exactly. Same with George Romney (Mexico). And Barry Goldwater (Arizona but before it was a state). And John McCain (Panama Canal Zone). And one of my Senators, Chris Van Hollen (Pakistan).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, President Garrett Walker said:

Which wouldn't even be true even if he WAS born in Kenya, may I add. Obama could've been born on Pluto and he'd still be eligible to hold office under the 14th amendment as long as his mother was a US citizen.

That's actually not entirely clear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, pilight said:

That's actually not entirely clear.

True, there's debate over whether naturalization requires one or two parents to be US citizens, correct? I also believe that most experts side with the "one parent" view of naturalization but I don't claim to know everything about it so I could be wrong here.

(Also it's the Naturalization Act of 1790, not the 14th Amendment, that I meant to reference. Naturalization Act has to do with people born to US citizens outside the US, while the 14th has to do with people born to non-citizens inside the US. I got them confused.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, President Garrett Walker said:

True, there's debate over whether naturalization requires one or two parents to be US citizens, correct? I also believe that most experts side with the "one parent" view of naturalization but I don't claim to know everything about it so I could be wrong here.

(Also it's the Naturalization Act of 1790, not the 14th Amendment, that I meant to reference. Naturalization Act has to do with people born to US citizens outside the US, while the 14th has to do with people born to non-citizens inside the US. I got them confused.)

There is debate on the issue, none of which applies to Obama.  Indeed, it was far less of a certainty that McCain was eligible, given that he was born in Panama (not in the US controlled canal zone).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pilight said:

There is debate on the issue, none of which applies to Obama.  Indeed, it was far less of a certainty that McCain was eligible, given that he was born in Panama (not in the US controlled canal zone).

McCain was born in Coco Solo, which was inside the the US-controlled Panama Canal Zone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2017 at 10:57 PM, jvikings1 said:

I believe it was the second ballot, but Johnson got something around 47% on the first.

He came 5 votes away from getting it on the first ballot. He won with 55% on the second ballot. While Petersen has some views I disagree with, he would have been a MUCH better nominee for President and unlike Johnson, probably would have received 5% of the vote. The LP will be able to produce much more successful nominees if they let their nominees hold views different from the party. Weld was heavily criticized within the LP for his views on gun control. To be honest though, Weld would probably have been the better nominee out of any of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, President Garrett Walker said:

McCain was born in Coco Solo, which was inside the the US-controlled Panama Canal Zone. 

No, he wasn't.  The Coco Solo hospital wasn't even built until he was five years old.  His birth certificate says he was born at Colon hospital, which is in Colon, Panama.

image002.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, servo75 said:

I see message boards one after the other where people are regurgitating talking points without any critical thought.

Irony at its finest...

14 hours ago, servo75 said:

I would condemn a similar attack on Obama...  I'd bet $100 that if anyone said/did the exact same things about Barack Obama, their lives would be ruined, yet I don't see the same outrage for the anti-Trump attacks from anyone in the mainstream media or the Democrat party. 

Trump asked the "2nd Amendment people" to stop Hillary and no one on here batted an eye...

https://www.google.com/search?q=obama+lynching+photos&rlz=1C1ASUT_enUS516US523&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiC8qyzxazUAhUEWj4KHd3QAFoQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=662

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ted-nugent-threatens-to-kill-barack-obama-and-hillary-clinton-during-vicious-onstage-rant-20070824

http://thehill.com/sites/default/files/styles/thumb_small_article/public/blogs/obama_bin_laden_protest.jpg?itok=cNtaQaKC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxjPHAg0T64

And Democrats and the media didn't condemn Kathy Griffin?  Come on now...

https://twitter.com/soledadobrien/status/869656468424986625?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Few.com%2Fnews%2F2017%2F05%2F30%2Fcelebs-slam-kathy-griffin-bloody-trump-photo%2F

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/869672025220141056?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Few.com%2Fnews%2F2017%2F05%2F30%2Fcelebs-slam-kathy-griffin-bloody-trump-photo%2F

https://twitter.com/ChelseaClinton/status/869660019016466432?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Few.com%2Fnews%2F2017%2F05%2F30%2Fcelebs-slam-kathy-griffin-bloody-trump-photo%2F

You can't help but constantly attack democrats and the left for "regurgitating talking points" and not providing their own argument, when that is precisely what you do everytime you go on one of these rants.  It's always the exact same thing:  "If Republicans did this Democrats would think it's the end of the world"... "If Obama was treated the same way Trump is being treated, the mainstream media would lose their minds"... "It's an invention of the deep state who are so off-their-rockers about Trump's fair and constitutional win" (that seems an awful lot like, not only a conspiracy theory, but a regurgitated talking point without any critical thought.  "Deep state"?  That is nonsense.).  I think you should make sure before you criticize an entire group of people that you don't constantly do the exact things you're accusing them of. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2017 at 0:26 PM, HomosexualSocialist said:

Please answer this :) 

The 3rd question bugs me the most, since most polls like these only have the question "which party are you affilliated?" 

I am not a dem. But I support dems.

why do you got mccain as a profile picture? really odd for a socialist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

i think we should require that the president have at least one parent at the time of birth.

Unless they were born out of high-tech machines, typically children are given birth to by a parent. Either you badly misworded this or you have no idea what a birth is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jnewt said:

Irony at its finest...

Trump asked the "2nd Amendment people" to stop Hillary and no one on here batted an eye...

https://www.google.com/search?q=obama+lynching+photos&rlz=1C1ASUT_enUS516US523&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiC8qyzxazUAhUEWj4KHd3QAFoQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=662

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ted-nugent-threatens-to-kill-barack-obama-and-hillary-clinton-during-vicious-onstage-rant-20070824

http://thehill.com/sites/default/files/styles/thumb_small_article/public/blogs/obama_bin_laden_protest.jpg?itok=cNtaQaKC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxjPHAg0T64

And Democrats and the media didn't condemn Kathy Griffin?  Come on now...

https://twitter.com/soledadobrien/status/869656468424986625?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Few.com%2Fnews%2F2017%2F05%2F30%2Fcelebs-slam-kathy-griffin-bloody-trump-photo%2F

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/869672025220141056?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Few.com%2Fnews%2F2017%2F05%2F30%2Fcelebs-slam-kathy-griffin-bloody-trump-photo%2F

https://twitter.com/ChelseaClinton/status/869660019016466432?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Few.com%2Fnews%2F2017%2F05%2F30%2Fcelebs-slam-kathy-griffin-bloody-trump-photo%2F

You can't help but constantly attack democrats and the left for "regurgitating talking points" and not providing their own argument, when that is precisely what you do everytime you go on one of these rants.  It's always the exact same thing:  "If Republicans did this Democrats would think it's the end of the world"... "If Obama was treated the same way Trump is being treated, the mainstream media would lose their minds"... "It's an invention of the deep state who are so off-their-rockers about Trump's fair and constitutional win" (that seems an awful lot like, not only a conspiracy theory, but a regurgitated talking point without any critical thought.  "Deep state"?  That is nonsense.).  I think you should make sure before you criticize an entire group of people that you don't constantly do the exact things you're accusing them of. 

hillary made a rfk comment during the 2008 presidential election.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...