270soft Forum

2020 Election Events

vcczar

12 minutes ago, Patine said:

But, seemingly, unlike a REAL Independent "caucus" in most other legislative bodies, it seems to switch the party it backs in votes and legislation as a whole bloc - not very "Independent" of it's members, is it? - and probably not done with prior consultation with each of their constituents. This type of machination is part of the problem I'm referring to as well.

The have pushed Republicans to accept things such as a $15 an hour minimum wage in New York.  So, they don't just go along with the Republicans.

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@Patine @Reagan04 @republicaninnyc @jvikings1

How about a positive and negative event(s) for Terry McAuliffe, governor of VA. 

Negative: Hundreds of felon whom McAuliffe gave voting rights to have recommitted serious crimes.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

The have pushed Republicans to accept things such as a $15 an hour minimum wage in New York.  So, they don't just go along with the Republicans.

Negative: Hundreds of felon whom McAuliffe gave voting rights to have recommitted serious crimes.

You forgot to give him one positive event

Just now, vcczar said:

You forgot to give him one positive event

I am trying to think of one because I don't know much about him.  So, I was going to look up some more info on him to find a good one.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

@Patine @Reagan04 @republicaninnyc @jvikings1

How about a positive and negative event(s) for Terry McAuliffe, governor of VA. 

Positive: McAulliffe lauded by LGBT for anti-discrimination efforts.

Negative:McAullife implicated in using DNC funds to guarantee 1.5 million dollar Clinton mortgage.

1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

Would those felons have NOT recommitted those crimes if they had been unable to vote, in your opinion?

13 hours ago, Patine said:

Would those felons have NOT recommitted those crimes if they had been unable to vote, in your opinion?

This is the only time that I will reply because I don't want to hijack this threat.  I don't think there is a direct correlation between this and voting.  I think the bigger one is the felon box on job applications.  I think that fo some lower felonies, people deserve a second chance.  In Kentucky, Gov. Bevin has taken steps to give some of those people a second chance.

Andrew Cuomo:

NY reports mixed results on free college education under Cuomo.

Cuomo gives impassioned speech about the Fight For $15. 

Terry McAuliffe:

McAuliffe's ties to Dominion Power anger environmentalists.

Virginia Democrats over perform in midterms, many credit McAuliffe's influence.

Negative: "Independent Investigation suggests McAuliffe gave donations for favors from politicians."

Positive: "Howard Dean praises McAuliffe's time as DNC Chair, says 'He's one of our best yet.'"

(I live in Virginia, which McAuliffe is the Governor of. He seems like an okay Governor but I never would have voted for him, he's just a partisan insider who did nothing for Virginia before being Governor. And he has worrying ties to Communist China.)

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Elizabeth Warren

Bernie Sanders

Al Franken

Warren Positive: Senator Warren filibusters Border Wall bill until GOP backs down

Warren Negative: $15 dollar minimum wage kills thousands of Ma and Pa shops in Massachusetts

Sanders Positive: Sanders praised as "Would have stopped this mess" by DNC Chair

Sanders Negative: Concerns over Sanders' memory and age arise after forgetting that Gay "Marriage" has already been legalized and goes on rant

Franken Positive: Franken jazzes up crowd by skewering the President in a comedy routine

Franken Negative: Franken refuses to see the distaste in holding a bloodied effigy of the President by the hair and calls it "Free Art"

Warren

Positive: Progressive Grassroots Organizations Praise Warren's Record

Negative: Warren Faces Criticism for Past Claims About Ancestry

Sanders

Positive: Many Pundits Conclude that Sanders would have Outperformed Clinton in 2016

Negative: Sanders being called a Hypocrite for his Housing Purchases

Franken

Positive: Franken Praised for his Ability to have Civil Discussions with his Political Opponents

Negative: New Questions Raised About some Votes for Franken in 2008

@vcczar

Does anyone still believe or bring up the myth that Ted Cruz was the Zodiac Killer (I know it's ridiculous, uninformed, and EASILY disproven, but given some of the other stupid myths that inexplicably have a following of genuine belief, I have to ask)?

1 hour ago, Patine said:

@vcczar

Does anyone still believe or bring up the myth that Ted Cruz was the Zodiac Killer (I know it's ridiculous, uninformed, and EASILY disproven, but given some of the other stupid myths that inexplicably have a following of genuine belief, I have to ask)?

I don't think anyone actually believed that. I think it was just a humorous thing to bring up just because he's so unlikable and doesn't have a sense of humor. 

Warren

Warren leads resistance rally in New Hampshire.

Warren's tenure as college professor criticized for profiting off of students purchasing textbooks.

Sanders

Sanders cosponsers bill pushing for $15 minimum wage 

Sanders tax returns show that he is wealthier than he claimed, angering base.

Franken

Franken hosts SNL, eviscerates Trump.

Franken aide writes tell all, calls him a "fame whore."

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I don't think anyone actually believed that. I think it was just a humorous thing to bring up just because he's so unlikable and doesn't have a sense of humor. 

I like his sense of humor:(

1 minute ago, Patine said:

You must have caught jokes so subtle and idiosyncratic, we all missed them. :P

Probably, meant for Tea Party Paleocons:P

4 hours ago, Patine said:

@vcczar

No one ever actually believed that, to my knowledge, it was just a meme

@jvikings1 @Reagan04 @michaelsdiamonds @President Garrett Walker @Patine @SirLagsalott

I've updated the 2020 Election, making Kasich's numbers a little weaker, and making all the Republicans and Democrats, except for Trump, Kasich and a few Democrats as undecided. In short, no one will be declared as not running. While Trump will be stronger in the campaign now, he will be facing many challengers if the undecideds decide to run. The election begins as he is facing impeachment. This is for the July start date. I will also make a January start date, eventually, which will have far fewer people running. 

Before, I update the scenario and post it, I would like some more positive/negative events. If you have the time, give me one of each kind of event for...

Marco Rubio

Ted Cruz

Susan Collins

John Kasich

and any more positive/negative events for any Democrats would be helpful. 

Additionally, any political events, not specifically attached to a person, can also be helpful. 

39 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@jvikings1 @Reagan04 @michaelsdiamonds @President Garrett Walker @Patine @SirLagsalott

I've updated the 2020 Election, making Kasich's numbers a little weaker, and making all the Republicans and Democrats, except for Trump, Kasich and a few Democrats as undecided. In short, no one will be declared as not running. While Trump will be stronger in the campaign now, he will be facing many challengers if the undecideds decide to run. The election begins as he is facing impeachment. This is for the July start date. I will also make a January start date, eventually, which will have far fewer people running. 

Before, I update the scenario and post it, I would like some more positive/negative events. If you have the time, give me one of each kind of event for...

Marco Rubio

Ted Cruz

Susan Collins

John Kasich

and any more positive/negative events for any Democrats would be helpful. 

Additionally, any political events, not specifically attached to a person, can also be helpful. 

Rubio Positive: Rubio visits Hispanic families in a tearjerking Video released (Idk, something about him getting closer with that community)

Rubio Negative: Rubio's moderate and inconsistent voting record drawing heat with key votes upcoming.

Cruz Positive: Cruz gives passionate speech defending Christian belief, widely lauded

Cruz Negative: Poll finds that 32% of GOP finds Cruz "Extreme"

Collins Positive: Collins' ME approval rating soars to 87% with her constituents considering her the "Ideal representative"

Collins Negative: Collins draws heat for liberal votes among GOP base

John Kasich Positive: OH job market booms as unemployment falls to 3.8% after Kasich lowers taxes.
Kasich Negative: Kasich seen depressedly eating pizza alone by TMZ. 

Marco Rubio

Positive: Rubio is most popular Republican among the Latino population

Negative: Rubio still faces questions over his position on illegal immigrants

Ted Cruz

Positive: Constitutional experts praise Cruz as the best man for the job

Negative: Insider?: Cruz takes loan from Goldman Sachs

John Kasich

Positive: Poll shows that 63% of Ohioans think that Ohio has become better under Kasich's leadership

Negative: Kasich faces backlash for decision to go against Trump in 2016 election