270soft Forum

2020 Election Events

vcczar

Below, please post any events that you could see the news report about any of the following candidates. Please both good and bad events. 

Donald Trump

John Kasich

Ted Cruz

Marco Rubio

Lindsey Graham

Susan Collins

Elizabeth Warren

Cory Booker

Hillary Clinton

Joe Biden

Bernie Sanders

Sherrod Brown 

Kirstin Gillibrand

Kamala Harris

Terry McAuliffe

Steve Bullock

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

AMB. TO GERMANY JIM GILMORE CRITICIZES TRUMP'S NATO STANCE

DONALD TRUMP TO HIS OWN AMB. TO GERMANY: "Who is Jim Gilmore?"

Yeah, those are good. I also want to add, "Trump tells impeachment committee that he doesn't know Jared Kushner very well." 

For the most part @SirLagsalott and @republicaninnyc and @Patine are events for Democrats. My current scenario is very Trump-heavy for events. 

Hillary Clinton sends an email, Alex Jones calls for her imprisonment

Bernie Sanders' wife, Jane, investigated by FBI.

Joe Biden claims "these kids aren't cut out for it," when speaking of other democratic primary candidates 

Sherrod Brown tours coal mine, slams working conditions.

Elizabeth Warren filibusters taxation reform vote.

Kirsten Gillibrand and Susan Collins cosponser new ENDA, both call for a vote.

Joe Biden holds campaign stop at a college, "don't you wish I had run last time?"

Bernie Sanders has tax return leaked, FOX News reports.

Cory Booker's time as mayor of Newark under scrutiny.

Cory Booker defends past charter school votes.

Gillibrand calls her time as a corporate lawyer "soul-sucking."

Heckler at Rubio rally, "where has this opposition been the past 3 years?"

Lindsey Graham meets with Bush donors.

John Kasich says the president has damaged the Republican Party.

Ted Cruz pleads to evangelicals, "we can't let this rampant display of immorality continue."

Terry McAuliffe during speech, "maybe they should have chanted 'lock him up?'"

Hillary Clinton's Onward Together helped fund key house races in 2018, DCCC claims.

Hillary Clinton says that the Russia investigation is "more than just a few emails."

I got on a roll here, hope some of these are useful!

@Patine @LegolasRedbard @Reagan04 @jvikings1 @michaelsdiamonds @republicaninnyc @President Garrett Walker

Thanks for the feedback! Let's also do it this way. I'll name a candidate and you all try to give me one positive and one negative event for each. 

Let's start with Andrew Cuomo

11 hours ago, vcczar said:

@Patine @LegolasRedbard @Reagan04 @jvikings1 @michaelsdiamonds @republicaninnyc @President Garrett Walker

Thanks for the feedback! Let's also do it this way. I'll name a candidate and you all try to give me one positive and one negative event for each. 

Let's start with Andrew Cuomo

Ok, for Negative: Feds find Cuomo culpable in his Administration's Development Deal Scandal.

For positive: Feds clear Cuomo Administration of their probe into possible corrupt deals.

I'll add:

Negative: "Polls show voters tire/don't trust candidates from New York state"

Positive: "Cuomo awarded by national scientist organization for his stance on climate change" 

1 minute ago, republicaninnyc said:

Does anyone other than me know what the independent conference is?

I do.  It is the reason that Republicans have control over the NY State Senate.

6 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

Does anyone other than me know what the independent conference is?

I didn't until a few minutes ago. I lived in NYC for 5 years, and worked for the Huffington Post, and I never even heard of it. But as I see it was founded in 2011, that might explain why. It was about two years old when I moved back to Texas. 

1 minute ago, jvikings1 said:

I do.  It is the reason that Republicans have control over the NY State Senate.

Yes and Cuomo supposedly doesn't even want the state senate back.

13 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

Yes and Cuomo supposedly doesn't even want the state senate back.

Party politics, intrigues, labelling, and deception screw over the voters again. Down with Party Duopoly and all of their satellite, proxy, and puppet political organizations and give the voters REAL choice and politicians who are REALLY accountable to their constituents, not to party loyalty, line, and label, and to campaign donors and lobby groups!

Just now, Patine said:

Party politics, intrigues, labelling, and deception screw over the voters again. Down with Party Duopoly and all of their satellite, proxy, and puppet political organizations and give the voters REAL choice and politicians who are REALLY accountable to their constituents, not to party loyalty, line, and label, and to campaign donors and lobby groups!

the independent conference is a group of democratic state senators who caucus with republicans.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Well, the Independent Caucus isn't toeing the party line

5 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Well, the Independent Caucus isn't toeing the party line

But, seemingly, unlike a REAL Independent "caucus" in most other legislative bodies, it seems to switch the party it backs in votes and legislation as a whole bloc - not very "Independent" of it's members, is it? - and probably not done with prior consultation with each of their constituents. This type of machination is part of the problem I'm referring to as well.