270soft Forum

1637 Massachusetts Election 2.0!! (Events added)

1637 Massachusetts Election  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on downloading this election?

2. 2. Why are you interested in playing this election?

• I am interested in Massachusetts history
    • I am interested in colonial history
    • I long for the days when the separation of Church and State was barely existent.
    • I want to learn more about this time period through the game
    • I want to rewrite history by winning the election with a liberal (Henry Vane) or a more radically religious Puritan (Endicott).
    • I don't know why I am interested in the scenario, but I am.
    • I am not interested in this election
  3. 3. If you lived in 1636-1637, you would have probably voted for

• Dep. Gov. John Winthrop -- moderate conservative, and the most powerful man in the colony since 1630.
    • Gov. Sir Henry Vane -- liberal incumbent governor who is much more of a Londoner than a Utopian puritan, and elected governor purely by his pedigree
    • Assist. Thomas Dudley - moderate conservative, and political rival of Winthrop, consistently the second fiddle trying to topple Winthrop
    • Assist. John Endicott - radical conservative, the fiery, militant leader of Salem

1 hour ago, republicaninnyc said:

If you want to do a 1970's one I'd recommend you do 1977 as 1973 was heavily one-sided towards Abe Beame

You're probably right. I'm unlikely to do any NYC mayoral election anytime soon. I'm getting to the point that even doing scenarios I'm 200% excited about making is making me stressed out, because of all my other projects, work, etc. in my life. If I could get away with 4 hours of sleep, like I used to do regularly, I would be able to handle all sort of projects. I need to be really picky on the scenarios I decide to make alone. I will, however, help people make scenarios. 

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

I remember in the original Ghostbusters movie (1982, I believe, or 1983), Egon Spangler says the neighbourhood around the shut-down old fire station they buy as a headquarters looks like a "demilitarized zone" (I believe referring to some footage of Berlin in the late '40's), as a reference to a lot of the urban decay in NYC at that time.

Yeah, I've walked by that in person a few times. It's in Tribeca on Verrick Street. Tribeca might be the costiliest zip code in Manhattan now (it's definitely top 3, and I think it's the most expensive). I didn't hang out in Tribeca very often. It's expensive and not that interesting to look at. It has great restaurants. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

You're probably right. I'm unlikely to do any NYC mayoral election anytime soon. I'm getting to the point that even doing scenarios I'm 200% excited about making is making me stressed out, because of all my other projects, work, etc. in my life. If I could get away with 4 hours of sleep, like I used to do regularly, I would be able to handle all sort of projects. I need to be really picky on the scenarios I decide to make alone. I will, however, help people make scenarios. 

Same but Summer vacation comes up for me in half a week so I may have time to begin making it for you once I finish up the 3 elections I'm working on.