270soft Forum

1637 Massachusetts Governor's Election 1.0 is up!

The 1637 election is finally up. I have finished the endorsers, added all the what-if candidates. 

The scenario lacks events at the moment, but these are typed out. I just need to put them in. What-if candidates do not have images, but they will on the next update. Update 2.0 will have events and these images, as I will tinker with the voting. 

The voting is a little inaccurate, because the game doesn't really function well when the vote is only 18 people. Thus, think of the voting as support power. This will be adjusted as I tinker with the scenario. 

For now this is a playable rough draft for anyone curious in this scenario. The update will make this scenario, I believe, one of the most enjoyable campaigns, once I update this scenario. Anyone wiling to take the time and insert my events for me will be greatly appreciated. I can send you the typed out events. 

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2017/05/25/1637-massachusetts-gubernatorial-election/

19 minutes ago, vcczar said:

The 1637 election is finally up. I have finished the endorsers, added all the what-if candidates. 

The scenario lacks events at the moment, but these are typed out. I just need to put them in. What-if candidates do not have images, but they will on the next update. Update 2.0 will have events and these images, as I will tinker with the voting. 

The voting is a little inaccurate, because the game doesn't really function well when the vote is only 18 people. Thus, think of the voting as support power. This will be adjusted as I tinker with the scenario. 

For now this is a playable rough draft for anyone curious in this scenario. The update will make this scenario, I believe, one of the most enjoyable campaigns, once I update this scenario. Anyone wiling to take the time and insert my events for me will be greatly appreciated. I can send you the typed out events. 

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2017/05/25/1637-massachusetts-gubernatorial-election/

can you make a more realistic massachusetts colonial map.

14 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

can you make a more realistic massachusetts colonial map.

This is the best map I can do. The editor had problems in all other attempts. So made circles in their approximate locations from one another. I can probably add an outline of the coast of Massachusetts, but that's about as much as I can do. My skill isn't in making the maps, and I couldn't find anyone willing to make the map for me. Once I have the scenario perfected in other ways, perhaps a fan will make the map for me. However, I find my primitive map to be usable. 

15 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@Patine was waiting for this scenario, even though it isn't complete yet. 

I'll give this a look as soon as I can. I've JUST started with a new computer, and need to update it, get the settings right, and then re-install all my TheorySpark games (and other games and programs).

@Patine @republicaninnyc @Reagan04

And anyone else interested in this scenario. UPDATE: I have inputted half of the events today for the scenario. If I can get the other half in today, then I can have the next update out tomorrow, when I adjust a few other things. I will then move to other scenarios until I get a lot of feedback for this 1637 scenario. 

12 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

@vcczar what other scenarios do you ahve planned.

Constantly updating my 2020 Scenario. I've also begun a 1774 Continental Congress election for president of the Congress. I'll make one for 1776. I'll also make one for president of the Constitutional Convention 1787. This latter one will be a challenge to defeat Washington, but it will be much more balanced if one plays it as a "what if Washington refused to lead the Constitutional Convention," if someone turns him OFF. 

I'm also going to make 4 papal conclaves, which will be fun, but you won't like the map, since I'll use circles or squares to denote regions, unless someone wants to make me a world map. These will be very fictional since we don't know which Cardinal voted for which candidate, but we have leaked ballot numbers. Creative license. I may need a few people to help in making this scenario for me to go thorough with it, since my interest level in this scenario is only occasional, and not a constant interest as US presidential elections are for me. 

I'll then update the 1788-1960 US elections that I made (*helped with 1824 and 1912) if I have time. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Constantly updating my 2020 Scenario. I've also begun a 1774 Continental Congress election for president of the Congress. I'll make one for 1776. I'll also make one for president of the Constitutional Convention 1787. This latter one will be a challenge to defeat Washington, but it will be much more balanced if one plays it as a "what if Washington refused to lead the Constitutional Convention," if someone turns him OFF. 

I'm also going to make 4 papal conclaves, which will be fun, but you won't like the map, since I'll use circles or squares to denote regions, unless someone wants to make me a world map. These will be very fictional since we don't know which Cardinal voted for which candidate, but we have leaked ballot numbers. Creative license. I may need a few people to help in making this scenario for me to go thorough with it, since my interest level in this scenario is only occasional, and not a constant interest as US presidential elections are for me. 

I'll then update the 1788-1960 US elections that I made (*helped with 1824 and 1912) if I have time. 

Just my two-bits, but wouldn't Congress Forever be much more evocative of Continental Congress scenarios, given how completely ceremonial and lacking true singular, individual power the President of the Continental Congress really had, according to my all my sources?

33 minutes ago, Patine said:

Just my two-bits, but wouldn't Congress Forever be much more evocative of Continental Congress scenarios, given how completely ceremonial and lacking true singular, individual power the President of the Continental Congress really had, according to my all my sources?

not many people still have that.

Just now, Patine said:

It's still available as far as I know. And you all better get it - I have quite a few CI scenarios lined up on my docket. :P

CI scenarios you said congress forever.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I don't have Congress Infinity

1 hour ago, Patine said:

@vcczar I also don't have CI

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:45 PM, vcczar said:

I'll take suggestions for how to improve my 1824 scenario.