Jump to content
270soft Forum

Who Would You Rather Have as President of the United States Right Now?


Pick one:  

31 members have voted

  1. 1. Real Life

    • Former President Barack Obama
    • President Donald Trump
    • Secretary Hillary Clinton
    • Don't know/have never seen real life
  2. 2. West Wing

    • President Josiah Bartlett
    • President Donald Trump
    • Don't know/have never seen the West Wing
  3. 3. House of Cards

    • President Francis Underwood
    • President Donald Trump
    • Former President Garrett Walker
    • New York Governor and 2016 Republican Presidential Nominee William Conway
    • Don't know/have never seen House of Cards


Recommended Posts

I've been watching a lot of West Wing and House of Cards as of late so I made this poll. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

I put Trump because there wasn't a proper "other" option.

In reality, I'd prefer Rand Paul? I don't know. The USA hasn't really got politicians that are likable or veer from the party line that havent got huge flaws.

While I have seen West Wing, I wouldn't know because it was a long time ago :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

Frankly I think I could govern this country more capably than Trump is doing.

Honestly me too, which motivates me to seek office (though not necessarily that office).

Also on the topic of House of Cards, they show electoral projections in the trailer for season 5 and as a political nerd I'm offended by this electoral map:

592359c2080bf_capture4.thumb.PNG.1762a6155e5af452a294c15c177b3120.PNG

HOW IS UNDERWOOD, A DEMOCRAT, WINNING WEST VIRGINIA AND IOWA WHILE LOSING COLORADO, NEVADA, FLORIDA, AND NORTH CAROLINA

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Honestly me too, which motivates me to seek office (though not necessarily that office).

Also on the topic of House of Cards, they show electoral projections in the trailer for season 5 and as a political nerd I'm offended by this electoral map:

592359c2080bf_capture4.thumb.PNG.1762a6155e5af452a294c15c177b3120.PNG

HOW IS UNDERWOOD, A DEMOCRAT, WINNING WEST VIRGINIA AND IOWA WHILE LOSING COLORADO, NEVADA, FLORIDA, AND NORTH CAROLINA

West Virginia isn't Ultra-republican if you look at Governor and senatoral races for examples west virginia is competitive he must be from WV Iowa voted for Dukakis in '88

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, republicaninnyc said:

West Virginia isn't Ultra-republican if you look at Governor and senatoral races for examples west virginia is competitive he must be from WV Iowa voted for Dukakis in '88

In the show, Conway is Governor of New York and Frank Underwood is from Gaffney, South Carolina, and represented that area in the House (he was majority whip) before becoming Vice President and later President. I mean WV went for Clinton in '96 and Obama took Iowa in '08 but my problem is more that he's winning in those states and not easily taking Colorado, Nevada, and maybe Florida and North Carolina.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bruce Fischer said:

In the show, Conway is Governor of New York and Frank Underwood is from Gaffney, South Carolina, and represented that area in the House (he was majority whip) before becoming Vice President and later President. I mean WV went for Clinton in '96 and Obama took Iowa in '08 but my problem is more that he's winning in those states and not easily taking Colorado, Nevada, and maybe Florida and North Carolina.

it must be black magic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, republicaninnyc said:

it must be black magic.

I know and it's just a TV show made for entertainment but still :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vcczar said:

@jvikings1

I'm really surprised you voted for Hillary Clinton. 

Whoops...  You should be because I didn't mean to put that. :P

I was distracted by the XBOX game that I was in the process of playing while looking at the poll.

@Bruce Fischer, let the record reflect that I meant to put Trump.

1 hour ago, republicaninnyc said:

West Virginia isn't Ultra-republican if you look at Governor and senatoral races for examples west virginia is competitive he must be from WV Iowa voted for Dukakis in '88

West Virginia up to 2015 was very similar to Kentucky.  At the national scale, they support more Conservative candidates.  I have a feeling that once Manchin is done, the Republicans will take that seat.  But, at the local scale, they support Democrats.  Gov. Bevin is only the 3rd Republican since WW2 and the Republicans took the state House for the first time in over 90 years in the 2016 elections.  According to voter registration, Kentucky is still majority Democrat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvikings1 said:

let the record reflect that I meant to put Trump.

OK I figured that was an accident :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

@jvikings1 voting for Hillary Clinton LOL

I have a Hillary for Prison 2016 shirt that I wore fro  the summer all the way up until the election if that tells you anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I have a Hillary for Prison 2016 shirt that I wore fro  the summer all the way up until the election if that tells you anything.

Both Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, and half of Congress, the White House staff and the Pentagon (at least) should be in prison, if there was any justice - but who am I kidding about justice at that level of power...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Both Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, and half of Congress, the White House staff and the Pentagon (at least) should be in prison, if there was any justice - but who am I kidding about justice at that level of power...

While I do not doubt that there are some corrupt members of Congress, there hasn't been any proof that would convict them or Trump.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

While I do not doubt that there are some corrupt members of Congress, there hasn't been any proof that would convict them or Trump.

Because there have been no impartial investigations. That's why there's no HARD PROOF available. I brought up this dichotomy some time ago when we were discussing the Iran-Contra Affair and Reagan's part in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, republicaninnyc said:

@Patine De Blasio should be too for defending that correction officer.

I'm not defending De Blasio or saying he shouldn't be investigated. I didn't even mention him. He was only excluded because he's not part of the Federal Government.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

I'm not defending De Blasio or saying he shouldn't be investigated. I didn't even mention him. He was only excluded because he's not part of the Federal Government.

I was just adding on to your posts about politicians who ought to be in jail sorry for confusing you,

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

I have a Hillary for Prison 2016 shirt that I wore fro  the summer all the way up until the election if that tells you anything.

Too bad. You cast your electronic ballot. You are officially a Hillary supporter. Congratulations!  (just kidding)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patine said:

Because there have been no impartial investigations. That's why there's no HARD PROOF available. I brought up this dichotomy some time ago when we were discussing the Iran-Contra Affair and Reagan's part in it.

Right, which is why I put in the statement about probable corruption.  And, there will probably be no proof because they largely control what gets out.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Too bad. You cast your electronic ballot. You are officially a Hillary supporter. Congratulations!  (just kidding)

:P

Link to post
Share on other sites

Obama definitely, I was 14 when I volunteered on his primary and general election campaign against Hillary in 2008, and for Bernie against Hillary this go around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Honestly me too, which motivates me to seek office (though not necessarily that office).

Also on the topic of House of Cards, they show electoral projections in the trailer for season 5 and as a political nerd I'm offended by this electoral map:

592359c2080bf_capture4.thumb.PNG.1762a6155e5af452a294c15c177b3120.PNG

HOW IS UNDERWOOD, A DEMOCRAT, WINNING WEST VIRGINIA AND IOWA WHILE LOSING COLORADO, NEVADA, FLORIDA, AND NORTH CAROLINA

I don't watch the show so I don't know for sure. But West Virginia loves Blue Dog Democrats and would pick a conservative Democrat over an equally conservative Republican. I don't know if Underwood is one of them but that's how WV goes. 

As for Colorado, it behaves a lot like Nevada and Minnesota - the elections are almost always close but the Democrats have the slight edge. I can't speak for the realism of this because I don't know any of the characters :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...