270soft Forum

PMI Canada port to PMI UK guide

I heard that PMI Canada scenarios are incompatible with PMI UK. I hope to make a guide detailing the differences betweent the two games and what needs to be changed to port the scenarios between each other(if at all possible). The issue is I don't have PMI Canada and thus I need a campaign to analyze against the campaigns in the UK version that I have. If you have PMI canada and can give me a campaign to analyze to make a guide for PMI Canada to PMI UK porting (and vice versa) please PM me and I'll give you the email to send it too.

@Reagan04 @wolves @Patine

2 hours ago, republicaninnyc said:

I heard that PMI Canada scenarios are incompatible with PMI UK. I hope to make a guide detailing the differences betweent the two games and what needs to be changed to port the scenarios between each other(if at all possible). The issue is I don't have PMI Canada and thus I need a campaign to analyze against the campaigns in the UK version that I have. If you have PMI canada and can give me a campaign to analyze to make a guide for PMI Canada to PMI UK porting (and vice versa) please PM me and I'll give you the email to send it too.

@Reagan04 @wolves @Patine

I think that the two games being incompatible in terms of inability to swap fan-made scenarios was an oversight and mistake by @admin_270, but I personally believe he should correct in the next update for each. I'm fully expecting he'll defend the decision around the idea of "official scenarios being in different countries and most people playing for the official scenarios," but, in terms of compatibility for fan-made scenarios, I don't think that's a reasonable premise as they both use exactly the same electoral system.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

I think that the two games being incompatible in terms of inability to swap fan-made scenarios was an oversight and mistake by @admin_270, but I personally believe he should correct in the next update for each. I'm fully expecting he'll defend the decision around the idea of "official scenarios being in different countries and most people playing for the official scenarios," but, in terms of compatibility for fan-made scenarios, I don't think that's a reasonable premise as they both use exactly the same electoral system.

that and they're forked from the same system This is meant to get more fan-made scenarios out there for the PMI games. Updates to that probably are not on the agenda soon so I'm doing this project in the meantime.

20 hours ago, admin_270 said:

The two PMI games should be able to run the same user-made campaigns. If there's a case where this isn't so, please post a link.

They can.

My main issue is that I can't play scenarios from the old PM Forevers as there are clearly more of them especially as PM Forever Canada 2011 looks exactly the same as old PMI versions.

2 hours ago, wolves said:

They can.

My main issue is that I can't play scenarios from the old PM Forevers as there are clearly more of them especially as PM Forever Canada 2011 looks exactly the same as old PMI versions.

Yes, PM4E 2011 does, but PM4E 2008 (which that huge number of scenarios was made for) is very different, completely incompatible engine. I know this well - I worked with scenarios with that engine for a LONG time.