270soft Forum

Senatorial scenarios by user sarnstrom54014

I enjoyed playing them and there didn't seem to be anything majorly wrong. Apart from the fact that I lost all three running as a Democrat! ;) In all three, however, I won the popular vote...

I suspect the 'states' of the North Carolina scenario are the congressional districts? They do seem a bit messy and not user friendly in the same way as Florida and Kentucky.

Another thing (and yes, it's one I can alter myself, just thought I'd try to offer constructive criticism :) ): How come there's such a difference in how much money are available (or more to the point), how many ads etc. you can do from scenario to scenario?

I'm happy to hear you enjoy the scenarios. The NC map is of the congressional districts, perhaps I'll look at combining some of the regions so the map doesn't look messy. The money amounts vary because of two reasons: 1) Obvisously it costs more to run ads in FL than in KY 2) It really doesn't make sense giving the candidates $1 million to start and have an endorsement worth more $2 million, so I changed the money. And if you would perfer the map as one region only (so you would always win the PV and the election) I have one already made for each scenario.

And if you would perfer the map as one region only (so you would always win the PV and the election) I have one already made for each scenario.

The electoral college isn't good at many things, but at least it's entertaining to play simulations with, so I'm quite pleased to continue as it is. If only the game software included an option to change the requirement for victory to who got the most votes instead, I would have no complaints :)

Having the map as one region does mean that you can only barnstorm twice, that it's hard to get momentum going, you can only build five foot soldiers, crusaders are less effective etc. So I much prefer a regionalised map to a uniform one. That I've yet to beat Thune in the South Dakota race using the uniform map, but I've swept the floor with him and taken all EVs by quite a distance in the regionalised one might be an explanation ;)