270soft Forum

Sanders-Kasich Town Hall

10 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

For a normal candidate?  Maybe

With Trump?  The voters will probably remember

Both of my parents were enthusiastic Kasich supporters because he broke that pledge, not in spite of it. They hate where their party has gone and Kasich represents how they think the party should be.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Both of my parents were enthusiastic Kasich supporters because he broke that pledge, not in spite of it. They hate where their party has gone and Kasich represents how they think the party should be.

Well, I'm leading the party down that very evangelical road, one of many choices.

16 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Unless Trump's Presidency nosedives, then it may it may be an asset on Kasich's future political record... :P

8 minutes ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Your parents are in the minority of Republican voters.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Unless Trump's Presidency nosedives, then it may it may be an asset on Kasich's future political record... :P

He will still get hit with the integrity issue which will question his commitment to future promises that he makes.

7 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

They apparently can't remember what Trump promised, or they don't care when he breaks his pledges.  Why would it be any different for Kasich?

3 hours ago, pilight said:

They apparently can't remember what Trump promised, or they don't care when he breaks his pledges.  Why would it be any different for Kasich?

Because they were very angry at Kasich.  It is difficult to forget when you are angry at someone even if you forget why you are angry.  When people dislike someone, they tend to continue to dislike them.  Must if his supporters have not been angry, so far, over some of Trump's broken promises.

3 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

Because they were very angry at Kasich.  It is difficult to forget when you are angry at someone even if you forget why you are angry.  When people dislike someone, they tend to continue to dislike them.  Must if his supporters have not been angry, so far, over some of Trump's broken promises.

I'm not personally angry at Trump, I just think he's utterly unqualified for his office, and tends to bring out the worst in people by just being discussed by any but the most level-headed because of how he presents himself. That being said, even if qualified to vote in an election he was running, I would never vote for him and MIGHT even vote for if Kasich if he somehow (in this hypothetical situation) were one of the best alternatives.