270soft Forum

WIP - 2040 Scenario?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Patine said:

I know this. I was just a bit surprised at @jvikings1's statement, as, I had also heard an electoral analyst (I can't remember his name or who he worked for) the had said the GOP ONLY controls Texas electorally because huge numbers of Hispanic voters stay home every election. Having NEVER set book in Texas myself, and having only personally met Hispanics from California, Mexico, El Salvador, Chile, and Peru, I must judge the political tendencies of Hispanics in Texas on third hand information.

um not among hispanics in state elections the GOP tends to get give or take 40 -45% of the vote.That and texas is already majoirty-minority and the voters will be majority minority by 2020.

24 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

I will run in the 2040 election in the Republican primary as a sorta right-leaning centrist. I lean right on things like immigration, guns, and free market. (Kingthero)

Just need your experience (Senator, Governor, businessman, etc.), state, and the name you want to use. (It needs a first and last name and doesn't have to be yours)

On 5/21/2017 at 3:33 PM, Kingthero said:

FBI Director, Tennessee, John Logs

As FBI Director you get special surrogates and attributes to.... let's say... do some "extreme vetting" on the opposition...

28 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

As FBI Director you get special surrogates and attributes to.... let's say... do some "extreme vetting" on the opposition...

Sounds legally dubious, I like it.

FINALLY finished the lead-up story. President Kennedy served his two terms now.

Also I need some attributes for @Reagan04, @republicaninnyc, @LegolasRedbard, @Kingthero, @SalmonD88, @Bruce Fischer (I'm giving a 5 for charisma no matter what because Emmanuel Macron winking has a charisma of 5), @wolves, and @jvikings1. Make sure one of them is below 3 for fairness. This needs to be at least a little balanced.

Personally I'm giving myself a 2 for charisma because I'm way too shy to speak effectively.

Leadership: 4

Experience: 3

Integrity: 5

Issue Familiarity (4/4)

Charisma: 2

Stamina: 4

Debating: (2/2)

Ideologue: 5

Ambition: 3

Command: 3/3

Strategic: 4/4

Ads: 2/2

Spin: 3/3

Fundraising: 3/3

Research: 4/4

Polling: 3/3

Ground: 2/2

Corruption: 1 (or 5, I forgot which value is least corrupt)

Experience: 2

Integrity: 3 (publicly morally upstanding, very conniving and manipulative behind the scenes)

Issue familiarity: 3/3

Charisma: 4

Debating: 5/5 (I've been told I'm great at this IRL)

Ideologue: 3

Ambition: 5

Command: 4/4

Strategic: 3/3

Ads: 4/4

Spin: 5/5

Fundraising: 2/2

Research: 3/3

Polling: 5/5

Ground: 4/4

Corruption: 3

Leadership: 5

Integrity: 3

Issue Familiarity (4/4)

Debating: (4/4)

Ideologue: 4

Ads: 3/3

Ground: 3/3

Corruption: 2

Leadership:4

experience:4

Intergrity:4

issue familiarity (4/4)

charisma:3

stamina:5

debating:2/2

ideologue:3

ambition:5

command 3/3

strategic 3/3

ads 3/3 same for spin and fundrising

research 4/4

polling 3/3

ground 3/3

corruption:2

@SirLagsalott

13 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Debating: 5 (Same here @Bruce Fischer I delivered a speech on abortion and it brought some girls to tears)

8 hours ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Debating: 5/5 (I've been told I'm great at this IRL)

Are PI players just inherently better debaters because I get this a lot too

Experience: 4

Integrity: 4

Issue Familiarity: 4/4

Charisma: 2

Debating: 4/4

Ambition: 5

Command: 2/2

Strategic: 3/3

Spin: 2/2

Research: 2/2

Polling 3/3

Ground: 4/4

13 hours ago, LegolasRedbard said:

Leadership: 5

Integrity: 3

Issue Familiarity (4/4)

Debating: (4/4)

Ground: 3/3

Fixed that

Currently doing a playthrough. Right now it is June 3rd, 2040. I started on January 1st. Candidates and events so far:

REPUBLICANS:

@Kingthero John Logs started out far behind. After a narrow win in Iowa, Logs started surging. After losing a few states, Logs won Nevada and is now very close to being the nominee. However, losing just one of next week's contests will result in a contested convention.

@republicaninnyc Started out by winning New Hampshire. After that, you only won Wyoming and Massachusetts all the way up until Wisconsin, which you carried narrowly. After that you carried New York and most of the Northeast. You are currently the only rival to John Logs.

@Reagan04 After a poor start where you narrowly lost Iowa (to logs), South Carolina (to Cruz?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??) and Nevada (to logs again), you won many Southern states on Super Tuesday. After several very high profile scandals came out, your support dropped and I received your endorsement.

Ted Cruz: SOMEHOW, Ted Cruz (who has horrible stats, far worse than his 2016 ones) ended up winning South Carolina and Texas. I laughed so hard when I saw the news stories. After that though Cruz got no where near winning anything else and dropped out a few months later. I picked up his endorsement.

@LegolasRedbard You came close to winning Nevada, and actually won Colorado. After that your campaign had little traction. When it looked like you were about ready to win the New York primary, you decided to withdraw. Rest in peace. I got you to endorse me later.

DEMOCRATS:

Chelsea Clinton - She started out leading everywhere except Iowa, where its Governor was polling strongly. However she managed to get a surge of support in time for its primary. She actually faced a credible challenge from the 99-year old Bernie Sanders (!) and lost a few states to him. After her challengers withdrew she easily coasted to the nomination.

@SalmonD88 It was always an uphill climb for you. You were leading in your home state of Iowa but that was it. Unfortunately you lost a lot of support to the well-funded Chelsea Clinton and withdrew after Super Tuesday, winning no contests.

Bernie Sanders - the 99 year old former Senator started out shockingly by taking second place in Iowa. Later, a win in South Carolina cemented Sanders' status as a somehow major candidate. (He had a 1 for stamina and charisma what black magic is this.) He won Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Alabama (????) on Super Tuesday but fizzled quickly after that and withdrew a few months later.

SIRFISHESALOTTS:

SirLagsalott - I played as myself of course. I was the only candidate and therefore won all the primaries and picked @Bruce Fischer as my running mate, again. In the general we're polling at 23.5% with 78 electoral votes.

LIBERTARIANS: (this is based on the real 2016 Libertarian system, not the copy&paste job in the official scenario)

@jvikings1 - After initially being very far ahead of the competition, Jvikings lost support to Petersen and Paul. Vikings won a plurality of delegates but was forced into a contested convention won by Petersen. Petersen subsequently picked Vikings as his running mate.

Austin Petersen - the 59-year old Petersen won the nomination at a contested convention and picked Vikings as his running mate.

Rob Paul - the son of Rand Paul came in third and was eliminated at the convention, giving his delegates to Petersen.

Will report what happens later. This is just a test playthrough and not a play-by-play.