270soft Forum

proportional voting

No, PR (outside of primaries in President Infinity, where it is already there) will probably be added when a real-world election is going to happen that we want included in the Congress Infinity or Prime Minister Infinity game engine.

43 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

There was a German version of PR implemented for Chancellor Forever. That was based on the old, 'Forever' game engines.

Yes, it was based on the old 'Forever' game engines. However that doesn't really answer @SirLagsalott, mine, and several other people's question here at several junctures as to why we've waited so long for a functional, working MMP system (and NOT just pure PR, as only Israel and post-Apartheid South America among major nations in the world today use that, but the MMP system used by the majority of national legislatures in the world today with any sort of free-and-fair elections - the electoral seem in K4E) to appear in the 'Infinity' game engines, or at least a definite, stated commitment to one.

@Patine

It's a lot of work to implement. I am doing direct pop. vote, which has been the major focus over the last I believe 2 months and still isn't complete (computer AI).

Having said that, with direct pop. vote done, systems like PR are closer. This feature will probably be implemented if there's a real-world campaign I want the game engine to be able to simulate.

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

@Patine

It's a lot of work to implement. I am doing direct pop. vote, which has been the major focus over the last I believe 2 months and still isn't complete (computer AI).

Having said that, with direct pop. vote done, systems like PR are closer. This feature will probably be implemented if there's a real-world campaign I want the game engine to be able to simulate.

There's probably several such elections a year in Europe, and they're ALL getting interesting.

Yes, and the French election was the spur for direct pop. vote. However, the justification for direct pop. vote is the large number of U.S. elections (gubernatorial, senatoral, mayoral) that can then be captured by the game engine.

The problem with continental European elections is that either it's a large country where people expect software in their language because they have a relatively large language centre of gravity (France, Germany, Spain) or a small country where it's difficult to make the numbers work in terms of putting the time in.

3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Yes, and the French election was the spur for direct pop. vote. However, the justification for direct pop. vote is the large number of U.S. elections (gubernatorial, senatoral, mayoral) that can then be captured by the game engine.

The problem with continental European elections is that either it's a large country where people expect software in their language because they have a relatively large language centre of gravity (France, Germany, Spain) or a small country where it's difficult to make the numbers work in terms of putting the time in.

Parochial thinking! You need more vision! You have a stellar game engine here, you're just often too timid to truly capitalize on it! (That wasn't meant as an insult, but constructive criticism in hopes in inspiring results)...

@Patine

You'd think with your comment I wasn't in the process of vastly expanding the capabilities of the game engine (France, gubernatorial, senatoral, mayoral, referenda, ...)! PR is most likely coming, it's just a matter of when. As stated on the blog, the next focus is the upcoming U.K. election. Then there's a stretch of over a year before the 2018 elections. PR might happen.

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

@Patine

You'd think with your comment I wasn't in the process of vastly expanding the capabilities of the game engine (France, gubernatorial, senatoral, mayoral, referenda, ...)! PR is most likely coming, it's just a matter of when. As stated on the blog, the next focus is the upcoming U.K. election. Then there's a stretch of over a year before the 2018 elections. PR might happen.

I'm not really sure what is in what priority in your bucket list at any given time, and the things I usually look forward to most are usually near the bottom (unlike with many people here - in fact, in a lot of gaming and media communities I'm in and have been in, the aspects of them I find most interesting have often been "minority, or niche, interests"), so forgive me my inpatient posts from time to time

2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

There was a German version of PR implemented for Chancellor Forever. That was based on the old, 'Forever' game engines.

What I meant is that in President Infinity there was an option to have regional seats allocated proportionally. I know it used to be in the game because I used to use it in my custom scenarios.

I forget the exact version number where it was removed, but it was mentioned in http://270soft.com/2016/08/18/president-infinity-version-ericson-2-3-8/

"Editor > fixed bug if general election type had been set to PR (available in a previous version) where would then cause an error as PR is no longer available as an option for the general election."

That's what I was referring to when I asked why it was removed.