270soft Forum

United States - 2016 - House of Cards Edition!

LegolasRedbard

So I've been reading Common Sense by Thomas Paine  watching House of Cards season 3 and I've been inspired to make an election scenario based on the 2016 election

Can Underwood win re-nomination?

Dunbar/Sharp 2016?

Claire Underwood?

I'm currently working on it, so if you could leave suggestions for candidates down below it would be much appreciated. Thanks

38 minutes ago, LegolasRedbard said:

So I've been reading Common Sense by Thomas Paine

Image result for i understood that reference

Sounds cool, I'd play it

I actually created a House of Cards 2016 scenario but I didn't want to post it using all of the real-life endorsers.  If you want I could send it to you and you could steal some information from it.  I have 4 Republican candidates and 6 Democratic candidates (all with their home state) plus both V.P.s as well as a few other options for Democrats.  I also have a lot of endorsers, but instead of leaving the remaining ones as real-life Governors and Senators, I changed them to something generic, like Republican Governor 11 or Lisa Smith, so obviously any of those would not be accurate.

18 hours ago, jnewt said:

I actually created a House of Cards 2016 scenario but I didn't want to post it using all of the real-life endorsers.  If you want I could send it to you and you could steal some information from it.  I have 4 Republican candidates and 6 Democratic candidates (all with their home state) plus both V.P.s as well as a few other options for Democrats.  I also have a lot of endorsers, but instead of leaving the remaining ones as real-life Governors and Senators, I changed them to something generic, like Republican Governor 11 or Lisa Smith, so obviously any of those would not be accurate.

That would be brilliant! If you could send me it that would be great.

18 minutes ago, LegolasRedbard said:

Do you want to e-mail it to me or something?

Sorry somebody else messaged me asking for it and I didn't realize it was a different person so I thought I already sent it to you. I'm on my phone right now but I'll try messaging you the link now.

On 5/14/2017 at 1:28 AM, jnewt said:

Sorry somebody else messaged me asking for it and I didn't realize it was a different person so I thought I already sent it to you. I'm on my phone right now but I'll try messaging you the link now.

Can I play you're scenario, id be happy if you would. Message me the link please

• 2 weeks later...

I have ideas for candidates.

Republicans:

- Sen. Hector Mendoza ("LOL how about we play up how he's the assumed Republican nominee in 2016 throughout seasons 2 and 3 and then make it so he magically disappears in favor of some random guy we don't introduce until season 4" ~House of Cards writers)

- Gov. Will Conway

- Sen. Curtis Haas (that Ted Cruz knockoff with the enormous forehead and awesome hairpiece)

- Businessman Raymond Tusk

Democrats:

- Former Pres. Garrett Walker (what if he didn't resign)

- Pres. Frank Underwood

- UN Amb. Claire Underwood

- Solicitor General Heather Dunbar

- Rep. Jackie Sharp

- Secretary of State Catherine Durant

- Fmr. VP/Gov. Jim Matthews (did he win the PA race? I forget if they even say)

- VP Donald Blythe (LOL)

1 hour ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Republicans:

- Sen. Hector Mendoza ("LOL how about we play up how he's the assumed Republican nominee in 2016 throughout seasons 2 and 3 and then make it so he magically disappears in favor of some random guy we don't introduce until season 4" ~House of Cards writers)

- Gov. Will Conway

- Sen. Curtis Haas (that Ted Cruz knockoff with the enormous forehead and awesome hairpiece)

Democrats:

- Pres. Frank Underwood

- Rep. Jackie Sharp

- VP Donald Blythe (LOL)

Although he's a sincere guy, he would make a lot of gaffes. (Donald)

1 hour ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Republicans:

- Gov. Will Conway

Democrats:

- Pres. Frank Underwood

- Rep. Jackie Sharp

- VP Donald Blythe (LOL)

What about that woman who was the leader of the woman's caucus. 

Oh sh*t that was Scandal. 

*I usually mix up political tv show in my mind, I think I may have brain damage, 'cause I watch these show from 12 Am to 6Am and sleep for 2 hours and go to school (which is extremly stressful) 

Season 1 showed us some other Democratic House members - Bob Birch has been the House leader in all four seasons, and there was also that guy who got forced out in favor of the new African-American majority leader. There are also the two left-wing members who were the swing votes on a bill that Frank and Peter Russo are trying to get passed.

I don't know that Tusk, if he ran, would necessarily do so as a Republican, given that he was friends with Walker at first. I never got a good sense of his politics though.