270soft Forum

A request for a map

I would like to make a scenario with a Danish election. Therefore i most gracefully ask for some good mappers to create me a decent map that i can use.

Please tell me if i am in the wrong place to file such a request or what you think of this post.

kind presidential regards koneke.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, koneke said:

I would like to make a scenario with a Danish election. Therefore i most gracefully ask for some good mappers to create me a decent map that i can use.

Please tell me if i am in the wrong place to file such a request or what you think of this post.

kind presidential regards koneke.

Are you looking for Denmark before or after the 2007 local government subdivision reforms?

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Are you looking for Denmark before or after the 2007 local government subdivision reforms?

I am very happy for your very enlightening and intelligent question. I have attached a picture that i think would be great for a fun game.

- if extra info is needed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counties_of_Denmark

Please tell me what you feel about my reply i am not sure i replied with a good response. thanks anyway for your attention!

DenmarkNumbered.png

1 hour ago, koneke said:

I am very happy for your very enlightening and intelligent question. I have attached a picture that i think would be great for a fun game.

- if extra info is needed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counties_of_Denmark

Please tell me what you feel about my reply i am not sure i replied with a good response. thanks anyway for your attention!

DenmarkNumbered.png

I'd also assume you'd want the Faroe Islands and Greenland (probably each as one political region in an inset, scaled to be much smaller proportionately to Metropolitan Denmark), for their two members of the Riksdag each, am I correct?

8 minutes ago, koneke said:

I am thrilled with your enlightened mind on the subject. I would love to have that.

Alright. But I must ask patience. This likely won't be a quick thing, as I only have short, sporadic periods of time to devote to such things. So, if you're not in a huge rush, I can try to tackle it.

31 minutes ago, Patine said:

Alright. But I must ask patience. This likely won't be a quick thing, as I only have short, sporadic periods of time to devote to such things. So, if you're not in a huge rush, I can try to tackle it.

I am in no rush. You can count on that atleast. I am just a very grateful man because you want to do it at all. It is amazing. You're such an enlightened mind on the topic aswell which is fascinating.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, daons said:

I've had a go at this map, I can add the Faroes and Greenland if need be. I would be interested in a Danish scenario as I had a very nice few days in Copenhagen a few years back :)

denmark.bmp

THANKS!!!

If you'd add FI and Greenland also please.

13 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

@koneke just to let you know I've been making some maps here's my first one of portugal

591b88f4a4e06_map-portugal.png.2d54306d87c3c2399b655d53f773b76f.png

Like I mentioned with some of your other maps the inconsistent lines and white spaces really need to be fixed before it can be playable. (This is no offense to you, just want to provide help because mapmaking is hard.)

Just now, SirLagsalott said:

Like I mentioned with some of your other maps the inconsistent lines and white spaces really need to be fixed before it can be playable. (This is no offense to you, just want to provide help because mapmaking is hard.)

I know i have some loose lines but it does work for the game (which is a massive start for me this is my first map that actaully works in the game)

- All the white areas are not fully drawn and need to be corrected

The islands should be part of the main land regions, (Samsø, Læsø and Anholt) NOT separate regions.

FI should be one region not multiple island regions

The "Limfjord" island and the region North of it should be a part of another region, NOT separate regions.

e02bdf20ab078f155394d105add377e6.png

365c93266b9ba6638269958a6dbeff87.png

5c4bd14f7c72afdc9e96289f49d4a5db.png

The lines should be fixed with this one,

When editing the map in the editor for regions with multiple islands or bits of land you will need allocate each bit of land to a region. To do this you will need to click the 'new' button under the co-ordinates (see highlighted example in red). This will then duplicate the entry.

new_fill_position.JPG

Now you need to click another region, then click the 'new' button again until you have allocated each area on the map to that region. The below example is for the Faroe Islands with each area filled.

multiple_new_fill_positions.jpg.6e731d9b89fe7d34132e0381024ae29f.jpg

In the below example using the UK 2015 scenario with the Danish map, the Faroe Islands areas have been allocated to the S.W. Northern Ireland region and it only counts as the one region.

fill_positions_in_scenario.JPG.da14acc3afeefe57f21e25a0cc5c7a2c.JPG

Thanks,

denmark_faroes_greenlad.bmp

49 minutes ago, daons said:

The lines should be fixed with this one,

When editing the map in the editor for regions with multiple islands or bits of land you will need allocate each bit of land to a region. To do this you will need to click the 'new' button under the co-ordinates (see highlighted example in red). This will then duplicate the entry.

new_fill_position.JPG

Now you need to click another region, then click the 'new' button again until you have allocated each area on the map to that region. The below example is for the Faroe Islands with each area filled.

multiple_new_fill_positions.jpg.6e731d9b89fe7d34132e0381024ae29f.jpg

In the below example using the UK 2015 scenario with the Danish map, the Faroe Islands areas have been allocated to the S.W. Northern Ireland region and it only counts as the one region.

fill_positions_in_scenario.JPG.da14acc3afeefe57f21e25a0cc5c7a2c.JPG

Thanks,

denmark_faroes_greenlad.bmp

thanks man, i am totally new to this, so basic help is priceless.

The orange and turqouise pictures looks bad, while the guy with the white background is a sharp and good picture.

The original pics of the turqoise and orange persons is sharp and good, so i don't know why, so please help.

62da7578d79b199ae4fcfee339059b41.png

38178da7d5e7d9e7712bdcb3f236fe04.png

3556978b6a2aa7ea1154cffcd2312b1d.png

Unavngivet.png

1 hour ago, koneke said:

The orange and turqouise pictures looks bad, while the guy with the white background is a sharp and good picture.

The original pics of the turqoise and orange persons is sharp and good, so i don't know why, so please help.

if you like help with creation PM my