270soft Forum

French election results in a few minutes

"Results expected soon"

Unofficial results are out now, it's apparently Macron (23.7%) vs. Le Pen (21.7%). I expect Macron to crush Le Pen but who knows, if the majority of Fillon's voters go for Le Pen, and Hamon and Mélenchon's voters don't vote at all, then I think she could win.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Fischer said:

"Results expected soon"

Unofficial results are out now, it's apparently Macron (23.7%) vs. Le Pen (21.7%). I expect Macron to crush Le Pen but who knows, if the majority of Fillon's voters go for Le Pen, and Hamon and Mélenchon's voters don't vote at all, then I think she could win.

If the vote on the forum is a guide to go by it indicates a competitive race with a Macron win.

I'm very surprised by how accurate the polling was, last I checked it was projected to be 23.8% Macron and 22.3% Le Pen, while the real results are 23% Macron and 22% Le Pen

6 minutes ago, Bruce Fischer said:

I'm very surprised by how accurate the polling was, last I checked it was projected to be 23.8% Macron and 22.3% Le Pen, while the real results are 23% Macron and 22% Le Pen

considering it's track record in france.

13 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

considering it's track record in france.

And that 30% of voters were undecided as of Thursday, or so I heard

27 minutes ago, Bruce Fischer said:

And that 30% of voters were undecided as of Thursday, or so I heard

22.7% is the estimated abstention.

Also, partial results, as reported by France 24, has Le Pen in the lead, but these are still early.

I see a 60-40 victory for Macron, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were a few points in either direction.

8 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I see a 60-40 victory for Macron, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were a few points in either direction.

Seems reasonable

7 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

I think le pen is too extreme but she's the only one who's (somewhat) willing to organize the immigration mess.

This my thinking as well.  Immigration and the EU messes (which are connected) are 2 of her advantages.