270soft Forum

United States 1976 and 1984

victorraiders

YEEEESSSS! Now I can take down Ronald Reagan as Geraldine Ferraro! I'll let you know how it goes!

Geraldine Ferraro/Ted Kennedy '84 did better in the electoral college than Mondale/Ferraro

Capture.PNG

Could you please add the endorsers to both and fix the issues in 1984? The Iran Hostage Crisis ended way before the 1984 election. Harold Stassen is pretty overpowered too. Other than that, good job.

9 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

Could you please add the endorsers to both and fix the issues in 1984? The Iran Hostage Crisis ended way before the 1984 election. Harold Stassen is pretty overpowered too. Other than that, good job.

both are update now

1 hour ago, victor1313 said:

both are update now

I'm playing the 1976 campaign currently. As much as I appreciate the quick update and new endorsers, I think these are copy and pasted from 1968. Eisenhower and Truman are both dead in 1976. A lot of the senators and governors weren't in office in 1976. Ford is an endorser that is still called "Senate Minority Leader", when he should be President. Similar thing with Rockefeller being NY Gov when he should be VP.

2 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

I tried to play the 1976 scenario, but there was no convention. Since there was no convention, no one ever dropped out and it became a wide open race for EVERYONE. 

Untitled.png

LOL if all those other candidates weren't in there it'd be Carter with 62.5% of the popular vote and Ford with 38.5%. Jimmy Carter would have easily surpassed Warren G. Harding's 26.17% margin in 1920 with his own 34% margin, making him the President elected with the biggest margin over his opponent ever.

I had a weird round somewhat similar to this one, but in the 2016 scenario. The Republican convention was contested and they chose John Kasich, but I somehow was able to make him drop out immediately following the convention. President Hillary Clinton was elected with something like 95% of the popular vote (since there was no Republican candidate, and the thrid parties didn't perform better than usual) and 538 electoral votes.

full list of bugs

1.some primaries don't occur ever if you start the game after their original dates

2. minnesota republican primaries are in 1972

3.no convention to nominate candidates

4.endorsers that should be dead already

11 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

Maybe those endorsers are part of Michael Jackson's Thriller video with the dancing zombies. I believe that came out around 1984 or so... :P

Screenshot 2017-04-18 19.34.40.png

I liked being able to do this, though. McCarthy starts at 0.2% in the game. I almost won Minnesota despite the final poll showing me in a distant third with 19%. Granted, I was only able to accomplish this because of how crap the other candidate's stats were, but still. I'm proud of myself.

EDIT: Also, kept forgetting to say. "Independent" is misspelled as "Indepedent".

16 hours ago, republicaninnyc said:

full list of bugs

1.some primaries don't occur ever if you start the game after their original dates

2. minnesota republican primaries are in 1972

3.no convention to nominate candidates

hi what scenarios have this errors ?

Archived