270soft Forum

Not even remotely possible

Win primaries AND general as Shirley Chisholm (with Patsy Mink as VP). I love Chisholm and Mink but there's no way

(Wait it just occurred to me that a Chisholm/Wallace ticket is possible. An African American woman running with a white supremacist who wants to bring back segregation, on the same ticket, from the same party...)

6 hours ago, Bruce Fischer said:

(Wait it just occurred to me that a Chisholm/Wallace ticket is possible. An African American woman running with a white supremacist who wants to bring back segregation, on the same ticket, from the same party...)

Im surprised that President/VP combination was allowed lmao

47 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Im surprised that President/VP combination was allowed lmao

Actually, in the context of the day, the compromise Roosevelt/Garner ticket in 1932 was considered almost as from two extreme ends of the party at the time...

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Actually, in the context of the day, the compromise Roosevelt/Garner ticket in 1932 was considered almost as from two extreme ends of the party at the time...

FDR was much more moderate, including saying things to win over limited government Democrats, in the 1932 campaign than he operated as president. 

20 hours ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Not even remotely possible

Win primaries AND general as Shirley Chisholm (with Patsy Mink as VP). I love Chisholm and Mink but there's no way

Talk about a big tent