270soft Forum

1992 - The Power of Perot

I'm working on a new 1992 scenario. I know Johnny was working on one with Regionalism, if he wanted to combine our efforts, that'd be nice. I'm adding in more Democratic candidates:

Gov. William J. Clinton

Sen. Paul Tsongas - Mass

Sen. Thomas Harkin - Iowa

Sen. Bob Kerrey - Nebraska

Gov. Jerry Brown - California

I also added some new running mate options for the Democrats, including Mario Cuomo, Paul Simon, and Gary Hart

Blurb:

In 1992 a powerful 3rd party force came to the forefront. Ross Perot. What if he hadn't dropped out of the race and kept up the momentum building from his initial candidacy in the early part of the campaign? Could he have become the first, 3rd Party President since Lincoln?

13932_p257193.png

That was with me doing nothing as Marrou, it looks like it'll be a tough scenario, anyone interested?

The biggest problem is that EVERY single state has a "Democratic majority" in the House...I don't know if that's the case, in fact, I highly doubt every state has a Democratic majority. I'm going to have to change that and maybe add on Governor bonuses...granted, they'll only hurt Perot, but it might make it so that every single time it ties that the Democrat doesn't win ;)

The biggest problem is that EVERY single state has a "Democratic majority" in the House...I don't know if that's the case, in fact, I highly doubt every state has a Democratic majority. I'm going to have to change that and maybe add on Governor bonuses...granted, they'll only hurt Perot, but it might make it so that every single time it ties that the Democrat doesn't win ;)

Maybe tie congress by placing 'tie' instead of 'Republican' or 'Democrat'

• 2 weeks later...