Jump to content
270soft Forum

Democratic candidate in 2020?


servo75

Who is likely to be the Democrat choice in 2020?  

27 members have voted

  1. 1. Select as many as you deem appropriate

    • Cory Booker
      15
    • Elizabeth Warren
      17
    • Amy Klobuchar
      7
    • Kirsten Gillibrand
      8
    • Michelle Obama
      1
    • John Hickenlooper
      8
    • Chelsea Clinton
      0
    • some Hollywood celebrity
      7
    • other
      16


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Take Me to La Riva said:

Judging by the reception she got on Trevor Noah's show, if Elizabeth Warren can hold her composure and not take on the haughty attitude of Hillz, she'll be on the ticket.

Wow she got a good reception on the liberal Daily Show? Oh my that changes EVERYTHING

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jayavarman said:

Mark Zuckerberg

He is now doing tours of small town America.

 

Oh God, please no

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Take Me to La Riva said:

Judging by the reception she got on Trevor Noah's show, if Elizabeth Warren can hold her composure and not take on the haughty attitude of Hillz, she'll be on the ticket.

Honestly, that's Trevor Noah. In reality, most people mock Elizabeth Warren as she's a mini progressive lite. The issue is that she has so many holes that can be exploited and poked and unlike Trump who can never seem to be harmed by bad publicity, she's got standards to keep up with. 

Also iirc, Elizabeth Warren is very left wing on stuff that matters to Republicans, especially Gen Z who will be able to vote in droves come 2020 like gun rights. Warren wouldn't pick up a moderate or the independent area of the electorate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Elizabeth Warren is too old to be a viable 2020 candidate.  Besides, we've had too many Baby Boomer presidents already.

The likely candidate is someone not even on the radar right now.  Nobody in 2004 thought Barack Obama would be president four years later.

That having been said, I could see another Martin O'Malley run and if the DNC doesn't fix the results he could do much better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, wolves said:

Honestly, that's Trevor Noah. In reality, most people mock Elizabeth Warren as she's a mini progressive lite. The issue is that she has so many holes that can be exploited and poked and unlike Trump who can never seem to be harmed by bad publicity, she's got standards to keep up with. 

Also iirc, Elizabeth Warren is very left wing on stuff that matters to Republicans, especially Gen Z who will be able to vote in droves come 2020 like gun rights. Warren wouldn't pick up a moderate or the independent area of the electorate.

Which is kinda funny, since she used to be a Republican. I think she would win only if Trump is very unpopular and she runs exclusively as anti-Trump, making promises to compromise with anti-Trump Republicans, which would mean ignoring some of her own values, but that's pretty normal for a politician. I still think moderates and independents opposed to Trump might back Warren over him, considering the House will probably still be Republican and block the more left-wing Warren initiatives. 

I'm more concerned with Warren's charisma. She's only "exciting' when she's angry. Other than that, she's very dry, and that doesn't do well on campaign. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pilight said:

Elizabeth Warren is too old to be a viable 2020 candidate.  Besides, we've had too many Baby Boomer presidents already.

The likely candidate is someone not even on the radar right now.  Nobody in 2004 thought Barack Obama would be president four years later.

That having been said, I could see another Martin O'Malley run and if the DNC doesn't fix the results he could do much better.

She will be younger than Trump by 3 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Which is kinda funny, since she used to be a Republican. I think she would win only if Trump is very unpopular and she runs exclusively as anti-Trump, making promises to compromise with anti-Trump Republicans, which would mean ignoring some of her own values, but that's pretty normal for a politician. I still think moderates and independents opposed to Trump might back Warren over him, considering the House will probably still be Republican and block the more left-wing Warren initiatives. 

I'm more concerned with Warren's charisma. She's only "exciting' when she's angry. Other than that, she's very dry, and that doesn't do well on campaign. 

I honestly think this is a good bi-partisan analysis. The thing is, a lot of this is up in the air to how his first four years go.

" I still think moderates and independents opposed to Trump might back Warren over him"

Depends on how many there are at the time though, that's the thing, it all depends on how it goes. Independents went for Trump in 2016, Independents usually go for the Republican but it depends by the margin.

"I'm more concerned with Warren's charisma. She's only "exciting' when she's angry. Other than that, she's very dry, and that doesn't do well on campaign. "

Yeah, a lot of Trump supporters, including the alt-right, found him funny and charismatic and as such, saw him as someone they wanted representing them and energized their base which barely votes, Warren would probably struggle there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wolves said:

I honestly think this is a good bi-partisan analysis. The thing is, a lot of this is up in the air to how his first four years go.

" I still think moderates and independents opposed to Trump might back Warren over him"

Depends on how many there are at the time though, that's the thing, it all depends on how it goes. Independents went for Trump in 2016, Independents usually go for the Republican but it depends by the margin.

"I'm more concerned with Warren's charisma. She's only "exciting' when she's angry. Other than that, she's very dry, and that doesn't do well on campaign. "

Yeah, a lot of Trump supporters, including the alt-right, found him funny and charismatic and as such, saw him as someone they wanted representing them and energized their base which barely votes, Warren would probably struggle there.

Do you have any statistics for "Independents usually go for the Republican?" I'd like to see the numbers. I'm not discounting that it might be true, I just want to see the proof. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vcczar said:

Do you have any statistics for "Independents usually go for the Republican?" I'd like to see the numbers. I'm not discounting that it might be true, I just want to see the proof. 

I can't offer an article talking about it because I can't be bothered searching but looking at exit polls I'm not wrong.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/politics/election-exit-polls.html?_r=0

http://edition.cnn.com/election/2012/results/race/president/

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-2008/

http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/US/P/00/epolls.0.html

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-2000/

Out of these, the only democrat that overwhelming won the Independent crowd was Obama in 2008 (not really shocking lol)

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, JohnnyK said:

Wow she got a good reception on the liberal Daily Show? Oh my that changes EVERYTHING

O, sure, i knew i'd get some flak for that comment, but it was a simple hot take...

Look, i know as well as you that the libs will clap and bark like seals at whoever a Trevor Noah or a Bill Maher trots out on their show. But the point is that Warren's already been pressed into that leadership space. I don't know how the former Bernistas (where'd they all go...?) feel about her, but by dissing her publicly on the MLK widow letter, McConnell served up a big fat meatball on the first pitch for the DNC to hit out of the park when it comes time to craft a ticket. This Dems just might enter 2020 fairly well united, especially if the Clintons are kept to minimum exposure and influence. As one on the other side, i'd guess you should be VERY wary of Elizabeth Warren and liberal jesters on the TV...

I also like the mention of Tommy Carcetti. I could definitely imagine a ticket of Warren/Carcetti or vice versa.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Take Me to La Riva said:

O, sure, i knew i'd get some flak for that comment, but it was a simple hot take...

Look, i know as well as you that the libs will clap and bark like seals at whoever a Trevor Noah or a Bill Maher trots out on their show. But the point is that Warren's already been pressed into that leadership space. I don't know how the former Bernistas (where'd they all go...?) feel about her, but by dissing her publicly on the MLK widow letter, McConnell served up a big fat meatball on the first pitch for the DNC to hit out of the park when it comes time to craft a ticket. This Dems just might enter 2020 fairly well united, especially if the Clintons are kept to minimum exposure and influence. As one on the other side, i'd guess you should be VERY wary of Elizabeth Warren and liberal jesters on the TV...

I also like the mention of Tommy Carcetti. I could definitely imagine a ticket of Warren/Carcetti or vice versa.

Because Congress told Warren to sit down and take her seat she will be President in 2020? Also I could care less if she was on a Liberal comedy show, I think she ought to be focused on winning re election in 2018  rather than the 2020 election. We are in Trump's 4th week, he has a long way to go,  I find it hard to believe because congress told her to sit everyone will rally around Warren's far left agenda and will unite the Democratic party 4 years from now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jayavarman said:

Mark Zuckerberg continues his campaign through America:
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jayavarman said:

Mark Zuckerberg continues his campaign through America:
 

 

If there's one things that everyone on this forum can agree to, regardless of political affliction or beliefs...

Mark Zuckerberg would be a terrifying President. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

If there's one things that everyone on this forum can agree to, regardless of political affliction or beliefs...

Mark Zuckerberg would be a terrifying President. 

What's so terrifying about supporting small town newspapers? ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, HomosexualSocialist said:

Zuckerburg is a great guy.

Now you've crossed the line! Not only are you spamming, but now you're praising the dystopian Big Brother-wannabe who wants to strip away all privacy and anonymity online (and all the protections that come with those two things) EVERYWHERE on the Internet, if he could, for the flimsy excuse of fight "cyberbullying," but no doubt with sinister ulterior motives in the long term.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...