270soft Forum

Would you like a France 2017 scenario for Presidental Infinity?

Would you like a France 2017 scenario for Presidental Infinity?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a France 2017 scenario for Presidental Infinity?

• Yes
    • No

Anthony said he's deciding whether or not to add a France 2017 scenario in to Presidental Infinity alongside PR. I think the community should voice how they feel about the prospect of that :D

9 minutes ago, wolves said:

Anthony said he's deciding whether or not to add a France 2017 scenario in to Presidental Infinity alongside PR. I think the community should voice how they feel about the prospect of that :D

I have a great interest in European (among many other) electoral scenarios, and plan to make quite a few of my own. But, a France 2017 PI scenario would be a nice addition to what, three UK scenarios between PMI and the old PM4E engines and three Germany scenarios for the old K4E engine that TheorySpark has actually coughed up themselves and are not fan made...

4 hours ago, Patine said:

I have a great interest in European (among many other) electoral scenarios, and plan to make quite a few of my own. But, a France 2017 PI scenario would be a nice addition to what, three UK scenarios between PMI and the old PM4E engines and three Germany scenarios for the old K4E engine that TheorySpark has actually coughed up themselves and are not fan made...

Same, I have been wanting to make a France 2017 scenario for a long time. I made a 2012 scenario and planned to release it but then felt complete distaste and it wasnt satisfying to spend so much time trying to find the appropriate electoral votes by region. This is the same for the Austria scenario and referendum scenarios people have been releasing since PM4E

YES!!! :D

3 hours ago, wolves said:

Same, I have been wanting to make a France 2017 scenario for a long time. I made a 2012 scenario and planned to release it but then felt complete distaste and it wasnt satisfying to spend so much time trying to find the appropriate electoral votes by region. This is the same for the Austria scenario and referendum scenarios people have been releasing since PM4E

2 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

YES!!! :D

I also have finished Austria (Nationalrat) 2008 and West Germany 1949 scenarios for the old K4E engines and a Russia 2012 presidential scenario (not the most competitive, but...) for P4E2008, which are on the upload archives for this site, and I have a lot more European scenarios (and others) in the works, to be honest.

5 hours ago, Patine said:

I also have finished Austria (Nationalrat) 2008 and West Germany 1949 scenarios for the old K4E engines and a Russia 2012 presidential scenario (not the most competitive, but...) for P4E2008, which are on the upload archives for this site, and I have a lot more European scenarios (and others) in the works, to be honest.

A big point is that if we had PR, we'd be able to do Referendums as it'd be based on popular vote, finally I'd be able to do a brexit scenario.

50 minutes ago, wolves said:

A big point is that if we had PR, we'd be able to do Referendums as it'd be based on popular vote, finally I'd be able to do a brexit scenario.

Yeah I could do the 2013 Austrian conscription referendum. :) 

I don't really see the point.  This would be an addition to PI or a new game? I mean if a lot of people want it and it doesn't take resources away from other modules, like coalitions, block voting, and runoff voting, then I'm ok with it.

It's important to distinguish between PR (proportional representation) and FPP (first-past-the-post, or winner-take-all) by direct, popular vote. PR means that you have, say, 100 seats in a congress, and parties get a % of those seats based on their national % (say). FPP direct popular vote is how Senators, Governors, Mayors, and so on are elected. If they get the most votes (or >50% in some cases) they get the office. I'm adding the latter, not PR, at this point.

21 hours ago, admin_270 said:

It's important to distinguish between PR (proportional representation) and FPP (first-past-the-post, or winner-take-all) by direct, popular vote. PR means that you have, say, 100 seats in a congress, and parties get a % of those seats based on their national % (say). FPP direct popular vote is how Senators, Governors, Mayors, and so on are elected. If they get the most votes (or >50% in some cases) they get the office. I'm adding the latter, not PR, at this point.

This is true, I shouldn't have mentioned PR in my original post. FPP popular vote would be much more wanted by me atleast for now, PR can come later.