270soft Forum

1872 Election updated

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

@Take Me to La Riva has updated my 1872 Election to include two new minor parties, events and some more issues. 

This election is easily one of the more interesting elections. 

I get the feeling you're not including Victoria Woodhull, the first woman in all of US electoral history to be on the ballot for a presidential election (even though she couldn't vote for herself, and nor could her biggest target demographic - though she did get several votes nationwide, which isn't bad given her platform was largely based on universal suffrage and women's marital, divorce, and sexual consent within marriage rights, amongst other thing, and every vote cast for her would've been by a 19th Century American MAN).

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I get the feeling you're not including Victoria Woodhull, the first woman in all of US electoral history to be on the ballot for a presidential election (even though she couldn't vote for herself, and nor could her biggest target demographic - though she did get several votes nationwide, which isn't bad given her platform was largely based on universal suffrage and women's marital, divorce, and sexual consent within marriage rights, amongst other thing, and every vote cast for her would've been by a 19th Century American MAN).

Woodhull is in the update leading one of the two minor parties that were added. 

15 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Woodhull is in the update leading one of the two minor parties that were added. 

Ah, that is cool. It's amazing how many Americans I talk to online who actually believe firmly that Hillary Clinton was the first woman at all, ever to run for president in the US to date.

@Patine, not only have i added Hullz, i accidentally found a way to get her approximately the same number of votes she officially received in that election, i.e. close to zero, if the computer plays as her.