270soft Forum

1976 Election

Update: I have created the candidates (all except favorite sons), and set the party general election % and the candidate primary %s. 

I've included what-ifs: Ted Kennedy, Hubert Humphrey, George McGovern, Nelson Rockefeller and George Bush. 

7 hours ago, Falcon said:

Love all of your work vczzar! Can't wait to see how you will do with this scenario.

Thanks, this will be one of the stranger scenarios, in that it has an inordinate number of Battleground states. The possible results are greater than in most elections. 

26 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Thanks, this will be one of the stranger scenarios, in that it has an inordinate number of Battleground states. The possible results are greater than in most elections. 

This election was actually the year I was born...

Update: I've finished the endorsers for this scenario. I'm still having the issue with the error messages when changing candidate ID names. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I will continue working on this scenario after the next PI release, since some of the expected improvements will help with fixing the error/glitch in this scenario. 

Update: set primary dates and convention date for Democrats. I'm nearly done with this scenario. I hope to have it complete by Friday. 

Update: This scenario will be delayed since I ran into a new, more bothersome, error. When deleting one of Jimmy Carter's surrogates, I got an error message. When I exited out of the "leader" tab, back to the main screen of the editor, and then clicked "leader" again, the error had deleted Jimmy Carter completely. 

At this point, I'm so frustrated in making this scenario, that I'm not quite sure when I'll have the patience to return to it, especially considering I'm less interested in the recent elections (from JFK on). I will, however, send my file to anyone wishing to finish this scenario for me. I've done 85% of the work already. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Update: This scenario will be delayed since I ran into a new, more bothersome, error. When deleting one of Jimmy Carter's surrogates, I got an error message. When I exited out of the "leader" tab, back to the main screen of the editor, and then clicked "leader" again, the error had deleted Jimmy Carter completely. 

At this point, I'm so frustrated in making this scenario, that I'm not quite sure when I'll have the patience to return to it, especially considering I'm less interested in the recent elections (from JFK on). I will, however, send my file to anyone wishing to finish this scenario for me. I've done 85% of the work already. 

hi only needed to create jimmy carter again?? pm my

40 minutes ago, victor1313 said:

hi only needed to create jimmy carter again?? pm my

Hi Victor, I need Jimmy Carter created, surrogates for each candidate, their descriptions, and then the issues for 1976 and each individual candidate issue. Then, I'll be able to post the first version. Basically, 15% of the process is left. 

18 hours ago, vcczar said:

Maybe @Take Me to La Riva will want to finish it since he's been adding events to my scenarios. 

Sure, i'll take this on, even though i'm working on an original scenario that's making me crazy (with a similar situation with candidates disappearing, etc.) 

Send me the files!

2 hours ago, Take Me to La Riva said:

Sure, i'll take this on, even though i'm working on an original scenario that's making me crazy (with a similar situation with candidates disappearing, etc.) 

Send me the files!

Thanks! I'll probably send it tonight with instructions on what is left to do. I don't think it will take that long. I'll even type up some of what I was going to input. I'm just really tired of messing with the glitchy scenario. 

3 hours ago, Take Me to La Riva said:

I hear ya, man. Have you sent it yet (I haven't looked at email today)...?

Sorry about that. Sent.