270soft Forum

1964 Election Released!

vcczar

I have released the 1964 election in time for X-mas. As it is released 1.0, you can expect some imperfections, which can be better perfected with your feedback. Events are not yet included. 

I will next work on the 1976 election. 

First simulation game results(I did not think to record this until immediately after the Republican primary):

Republican Primary: Rockefeller/Goldwater arround 665, Scranton 498, Lodge 235, other assorted candidates with small amounts. Scranton wins on the final ballot. Chooses Rhodes as VP. 

Democratic Primary: Johnson fell hard and quick, battled with Welsh throughout the primary. Final results:
Johnson: 23.2%. 2556 delegates. 
Welsh: 23.6%. 1478 delegates. 
Brown: 10.1%, 511 delegates. 
Wallace: 12.3%, 491 delegates. 
Brewster: 6.1%, 231 delegates. 
Porter: 7.7%. 221 delegates. 
Randolph: 2%. 46 delegates. 
Reynolds Jr: 8.3%. 0 delegates. 
Yorty: 6.6%, 0 delegates. 
Randolph endorsed Porter, Brewster endorsed Porter, Wallace endorsed Porter, Brown endorsed Welsh, Porter endorsed Welsh. Welsh is the Democratic nominee with 2978 delegates to Johnson's 2556. Daniel Brewster chosen as VP. 

General election on August 31st: (I will be taking over the Democratic ticket)
Welsh: 45.6%, 280 EV. 
Scranton: 48.3%, 253 EV.
Byrd, Sr., 2.7%. 
One tossup, North Dakota. 

General election results:
Welsh: 49.1%, 293 EV. 
Scranton: 48.1%, 244 EV. 
Byrd: 2.8%, 0 EV. 

Screenshot_3.png

13 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

First simulation game results(I did not think to record this until immediately after the Republican primary):

Republican Primary: Rockefeller/Goldwater arround 665, Scranton 498, Lodge 235, other assorted candidates with small amounts. Scranton wins on the final ballot. Chooses Rhodes as VP. 

Democratic Primary: Johnson fell hard and quick, battled with Welsh throughout the primary. Final results:
Johnson: 23.2%. 2556 delegates. 
Welsh: 23.6%. 1478 delegates. 
Brown: 10.1%, 511 delegates. 
Wallace: 12.3%, 491 delegates. 
Brewster: 6.1%, 231 delegates. 
Porter: 7.7%. 221 delegates. 
Randolph: 2%. 46 delegates. 
Reynolds Jr: 8.3%. 0 delegates. 
Yorty: 6.6%, 0 delegates. 
Randolph endorsed Porter, Brewster endorsed Porter, Wallace endorsed Porter, Brown endorsed Welsh, Porter endorsed Welsh. Welsh is the Democratic nominee with 2978 delegates to Johnson's 2556. Daniel Brewster chosen as VP. 

General election on August 31st: (I will be taking over the Democratic ticket)
Welsh: 45.6%, 280 EV. 
Scranton: 48.3%, 253 EV.
Byrd, Sr., 2.7%. 
One tossup, North Dakota. 

General election results:
Welsh: 49.1%, 293 EV. 
Scranton: 48.1%, 244 EV. 
Byrd: 2.8%, 0 EV. 

Screenshot_3.png

Thanks for the feedback and for posting your results, and for letting me know about JFK

1 hour ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Why not work on 68,and 72 next?

Those are already official scenarios. I want to fill in the holes, then I'll do my own versions of those scenarios, since those scenarios have some oddities and a few minor errors in them. They're mostly great scenarios, however. I have errors in mine, no doubt, but I aim to fix them during a grand update following Anthony's release of favorability and demographics. 

35 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I would love to help in any small way I can, I got a book for Christmas that I would describe as Congressional Quarterly lite and love it, I am thrilled for favorability and voting blocs!

I'll let you know when I start working on the updates.