270soft Forum

What would your ideal 'Be President' Game be?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Sanser2016 said:

Hmm, was just wondering for a full month or so he dominated a lot of the topics with his rhetoric. @Jayavarman you seem to be here the longest how often does the forum change ideological standings?

I've been here long enough to answer this question, too (a decade isn't insignificant as a forum membership period goes). It does shift around a biit, but I've never seen it solidly and overwhelmingly hard-right (or hard-left) at any one time, and certainly not at any point JohnnyK was present as a member.

16 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

It used to be more conservative?

Very Much so.

15 hours ago, Patine said:

He can't expect the forums to just obediantly comform to  being an ideological sounding board for his points of view. I don't miss him.

Agreed.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Well, to a degree. I wouldn't use the words "very" or "much," but there was a shift from nowadays.

It was a lot more conservative, I'm not saying it's very liberal over all, but of all the active users the slant is Center-Left to Left.

26 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

It was a lot more conservative, I'm not saying it's very liberal over all, but of all the active users the slant is Center-Left to Left.

Personally, though most of my CURRENT beliefs fit into a more left-leaning viewpoint by the CURRENT political zeitgeist (a zeitgeist that actually does change and evolve over time - those called "Liberals" politically in the 19th Century in the U.S. and Europe are fairly close ideologically to the modern establishment Republican Party, for instance), I consider myself, all-in-all, a "reformist," or even "radical." My main desire and political drive to fix, reform, evolve, update, and, if all those fail, tear down and replace a broken, outmoded, antiquated, and limping sociopolitical and economic system that all major political factions with any power seem to be responsible, to various degrees for maintaining (usually for ulterior motives), or usually have alternatives I believe will be worse. Thus, I don't refer to myself as a "Liberal."