270soft Forum

Official Fantasy Political Players League Thread

59 minutes ago, Sanser2016 said:

Sen. John McCain

Thanks, with  Trump, Pence, P. Ryan, McConnell, Anthony, Sessions, Tillerson, Mnuchin, McCain off the board, I will end the first round with a risk pick: Barack Obama. 

As the 2nd round goes in reverse order of the first round, I then select James Mattis  to begin round 2. 

Thus, Trump, Pence, P. Ryan, McConnell, Anthony, Sessions, Tillerson, Mnuchin, McCain, Obama and Mattis are off the board. 

@Sanser is now up with her 2nd round pick, having selected McCain in round 1. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivanka Trump

@TheMiddlePolitical is autodrafted Bannon. @CalebsParadox is up next, and will be autodrafted according to the ranking he messaged me if he doesn't draft within 8 hours of this post. 

Trump, Pence, P. Ryan, McConnell, Anthony, Sessions, Tillerson, Mnuchin, McCain, Obama, Mattis, Warren, Ivanka, Pelosi, Roberts, Schumer, Bannon are off the board. 

Trump, Pence, P. Ryan, McConnell, Anthony, Sessions, Tillerson, Mnuchin, McCain, Obama, Mattis, Warren, Ivanka, Pelosi, Roberts, Schumer, Bannon, Biden are off the board. 

@lok1999 is up for his 2nd round pick, followed by @Sunnymentoaddict

If Lok doesn't draft within 8 hour, he will be autodrafted Reince Priebus. 

Trump, Pence, P. Ryan, McConnell, Anthony, Sessions, Tillerson, Mnuchin, McCain, Obama, Mattis, Warren, Ivanka, Pelosi, Roberts, Schumer, Bannon, Biden, Sanders are off the board. 

@Sunnymentoaddict is up with Priebus as the autodraft politician if he doesn't select anyone else.

@lok1999 well, the big players are presumably off the board, but these other candidates will help, since their points will add up. Some could draft Trump or Paul Ryan and then perform poorly by selecting insignificant politicians later in the draft. Depth will probably count in this. 

My two draft picks are:

Senator Joe Manchin & current sc governor(slated for UN ambassador) Nikki Haley

I see Manchin being one of the few democratic senators that will be close to the trump presidency, and can play a pivotal in assuring Trumps cabinet picks get appointed. Haley- if ambassador- will have to toe the line of pleasing Trump and the global community.

Roster:

Trump, Joe Manchin, Nikki Haley

Trump, Pence, P. Ryan, McConnell, Anthony, Sessions, Tillerson, Mnuchin, McCain, Obama, Mattis, Warren, Ivanka, Pelosi, Roberts, Schumer, Bannon, Biden, Sanders, Manchin, Haley are off the board. 

@lok1999 is up with his 3rd round pick. 

The following are off the board:

Sunny: Trump, Manchin, Haley

Lok: Pence, Sanders, Conway

Caleb: P. Ryan, Biden

TheMiddle: McConnell, Bannon

Reagan: Anthony, Roberts

JViking: Sessions, Pelosi

JohnnyK: Tillerson, Schumer

Conservative: Mnuchin, Ivanka Trump

Sanser: McCain, Warren

VCczar: Obama, Mattis

Now up: @CalebsParadox

Autodraft if doesn't draft in 8 hours: Would be Priebus, but Caleb sent me a ranking. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyK said:

@vcczar if Tillerson get's rejected do I get whoever replaces him at Secretary of State?

Yes, I'll let you do that, so long as the replacement isn't someone that another owner drafted.