270soft Forum

2016 Electoral College members

jnewt

2016 Electoral College vote  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should Electoral College members from states that voted Republican vote for Donald Trump on December 19th?

• Yes, they should affirm their state's vote
    • No, because Trump is unfit for office and the main reason (or one of the main reasons) we still have the Electoral College is to prevent someone who is unfit for office from becoming President
    • No, because Clinton won the popular vote
  2. 2. Who should Electoral College members from Republican states vote for?

• Hillary Clinton, because she is more fit to be President than Trump and/or won the popular vote
    • Mike Pence, because the People voted for a conservative candidate but Trump is unfit
    • Evan McMullin, because the People voted for a conservative candidate but Trump is unfit
    • Gary Johnson, because the People voted for a conservative candidate but Trump is unfit and, even though Johnson is socially liberal, he was the best alternative in the minds of many anti-Trump Republicans
    • Ted Cruz, because the People voted for a conservative candidate but Trump is unfit, plus he finished second to Trump in the primary
    • John Kasich, because the People voted for a conservative candidate but Trump is unfit, plus many Americans, including some Democrats, would view Kasich as a better alternative to both Trump and Clinton
    • Mitt Romney, because the People voted for a conservative candidate but Trump is unfit, plus many Americans, including some Democrats, would view Romney as a better alternative to both Trump and Clinton
    • Paul Ryan, because the People voted for a conservative candidate but Trump is unfit
    • John McCain, because the People voted for a conservative candidate but Trump is unfit, plus he has plenty of experience, received votes from some Republicans (including John Kasich), and is a former Presidential nominee
    • Tim Kaine, because the People voted for a liberal candidate (at least according to the popular vote), but Clinton is unfit/not qualified for the Presidency
    • Donald Trump

Should electoral college members exercise their right to vote for someone other than Trump? (because they believe he is unfit for office)

40 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

are you trying to start comment war?

No, I simply asked whether or not people think Electoral College members should remain "faithful" or not as a result of a controversial election

Just now, jnewt said:

No, I simply asked whether or not people think Electoral College members should remain "faithful" or not as a result of a controversial election

In the text of the Constitution, the loyalty or "faith" of the Electors specifically is not addressed, and, as political parties are not mentioned at all in any way, not even their existence acknowledged, anywhere in the US Constitution, there's no real Constitutional grounds explicitly stated that binds Electors to parties or nominees chosen by parties.

38 minutes ago, Jayavarman said:

In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/802972944532209664

DJT_Headshot_V2_bigger.jpg

A statement specifically called out by every credible pollster and electoral expert who's yet spoken on it as having no statistical, verifiable, or hard evidence of any sort behind it...

On 11/28/2016 at 1:16 AM, Jayavarman said:

In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/802972944532209664

DJT_Headshot_V2_bigger.jpg

So very true.

9 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

So very true.

So, when will you (or Trump) cough up hard, statistical, irrefutable evidence of how "very true" this is? Currently, it's just an unverified, unbacked claim pulled out of his ass.

5 hours ago, Patine said:

So, when will you (or Trump) cough up hard, statistical, irrefutable evidence of how "very true" this is? Currently, it's just an unverified, unbacked claim pulled out of his ass.

It isn't just Trump. Members on the left are claiming the Russians hacked into machines in PA, MI, and WI.

10 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

It isn't just Trump. Members on the left are claiming the Russians hacked into machines in PA, MI, and WI.

It could very well be. But I've allowed myself to get caught up in debating subjective and divisive topics and getting emotionally invested again, even though I swore off doing so on these forums. I've had to block two users now (servo75 and Johnny K) just to maintain my sanity and I think I'm to try to return to scenario design and constructive advice, commentary, and criticism on the scenarios of others and Anthony's development of the game.

Archived