270soft Forum

Happy Thanksgiving!

39 minutes ago, Patine said:

But I think you're heights and starting weights figure in significantly in terms of your "success" there...

I'm 5'9'', 15, and went from 151 to 160 in less than a week.

At the beginning of Summer, I was 176. Then I started running. Thanksgiving is still my favorite holiday though, lol.

29 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I'm 5'9'', 15, and went from 151 to 160 in less than a week.

At the beginning of Summer, I was 176. Then I started running. Thanksgiving is still my favorite holiday though, lol.

Isn't 5'9" considered tall for 15, unless you're East African or descendent thereof?

46 minutes ago, Patine said:

Isn't 5'9" considered tall for 15, unless you're East African or descendent thereof?

Not really I'm 13 and 5'7''

1 hour ago, Patine said:

But I think you're heights and starting weights figure in significantly in terms of your "success" there...

I'm very much of a stocky, short, but muscular and thick build. Most comparable to a linebacker from American Football. I'm 5'7'' and went from 183 to 190.

10 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I'm very much of a stocky, short, but muscular and thick build. Most comparable to a linebacker from American Football. I'm 5'7'' and went from 183 to 190.

Actually, "Gridiron Football" (as opposed to European or Rugby Football), not specifically "American" Football, by proper terminology, as there is another country which plays Gridiron Football and has it's own whole league, though you probably just never hear about it down there... :P

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Nah. 5'9 is normal and even average at my school.

However, I'm only 5'10 and 17, easily the shortest male in my family. My father, older brother, and younger brother all surpass 6 feet :P (Though my mother stands at a proud 5'8)

25 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

However, I'm only 5'10 and 17, easily the shortest male in my family. My father, older brother, and younger brother all surpass 6 feet :P (Though my mother stands at a proud 5'8)

My sister's 6'0" and taller than her husband and every guy she's dated before him. :P

Sorry for being late: I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. :)

@Reagan04 @ThePotatoWalrus @CalebsParadox

I don't remember how tall I was when I was a teenager. I was 5'0" in 1st grade. I was 6'2" when I graduated from high school. I was 6'4" at 22, which is when I stopped growing. As far as weight, I've never weighed more than 190 lbs. 170 is how much I weighed throughout my 20s. I was basically Abraham Lincoln's height and weight then. In NYC, I dropped to 155 lbs during the Great Recession, since I was eating once a day. I now weigh about 185. My dad was 6'5" 300+ lbs before he died. 

On 11/24/2016 at 7:51 PM, Patine said:

Doctor says I'm gonna be around 6'1" as an adult. I'm a bit noticeably taller than most in my grade, and even that of upper classmen. Strange, my mother is 5'4", and 5'10", the exact average heights of males and females in the U.S.

On 11/24/2016 at 9:07 PM, CalebsParadox said:

Looks like you're on par to being right around average, or even a little taller! :P

On 11/24/2016 at 8:39 PM, Reagan04 said:

That's what I used to be, except the muscular part. I'm basically built like a pencil - albeit a fat one.