270soft Forum

Alternate US Poll tiebreakers poll and Rest of info

TheMiddlePolitical

Tiebreakers  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What year should this year series start in (Also how they would be elected,which would drastically decide voter count)

• 1650 (Elected by council)
    • 1900 (Everyone above the age of 20 can vote
  2. 2. What region of the U.S should this focus on (It will slowly expand possibly to even territory from other countries)

3. 3. What Political view dominates the country?

• Conservatism
    • It is split/moderate

Will be decided at 11 votes @Conservative Elector 2 @Jayavarman @Sunnymentoaddict @chunkbuster11 @Reagan04 @CalebsParadox @victor1313 @SeanFKennedy @Presidentinsertname @jnewt @Sanser2016 @Trey-Gowdy2024 @ThePotatoWalrus 

How many parties should there be (Starting out)

-Winning vote 5+ Parties (Will most likely be individuals if 1650) 

How should elections be decided?

-EV Per 10,000 people -1650 will be per 10 councilmen 

How should Ev's be in states

-Full EV

Should this be based off what happened in the world prior or Not

-Non Fiction

Should this include characters from politics in our timeline or not or a mix?

-Mixed 

Thank you all who voted I will post the final descions in the campaign creation when the 10 votes are in :)

6 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

This will be interesting to see as it develops. My only concern with starting in 1650 is how much work it would take you to get to a point where it becomes interesting on a global scale with divergences :P

I will make it work Caleb you will not be disappointed :)

30 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

This will be interesting to see as it develops. My only concern with starting in 1650 is how much work it would take you to get to a point where it becomes interesting on a global scale with divergences :P

In the RL mid-1600's, the only real meaningful or interesting election in any sense of the word that ended up being dynamic, dramatic, and having a real effect any where in the world was the 1640 English House of Commons elections where the Royalists, or Cavaliers, struggled for control with the Parliamentarians, or Roundheads (one of whom was Oliver Cromwell) in the events leading up to the English Civil War. Electoral politics otherwise, at time, were either non-existent (the vast majority of the world) or certainly quite dull.

Archived