270soft Forum

What scenario is most interesting to you?

Herbert Hoover

What scenario is most interesting to you?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What scenario is most interesting to you?

• Mexican Presidential Election, 2006/2012
    • Iranian Presidential Election, 2009/2013
    • Russian Presidential Election, 2008/2012

There's a few elections I'm interested in doing in the far future, but I'd like to gauge what's most interesting to the people of this forum. 

In comparative government classes, these are all elections that we spend some time on due to the irregularities of the results, the fraud, the change in national direction, the like. 

I've done a Russian Presidential scenario for 2012 by the P4E2008 engine, actually. I had planned maybe to also touch upon a 21st Century Mexican one, when Mexican politics became interesting and truly competitive, but haven't one yet - I'd be willing to help if you wanted to try your hand at it though, though, as I have all the State and the FD Flags and a lot of the party logos already cropped in proper dimensions for this game, and have already done a fair amount of research. Iran could be quite interesting, except for the fact that if someone too reformist or reconciliatory with the West were actually elected, constitutionally Supreme Leader Ali Rafsanjani can legally find grounds to cancel the election and run a new one without that candidate or his sympathizers. BTW, did you look at my Yugoslavian election package thread?

9 hours ago, Patine said:

I've done a Russian Presidential scenario for 2012 by the P4E2008 engine, actually. I had planned maybe to also touch upon a 21st Century Mexican one, when Mexican politics became interesting and truly competitive, but haven't one yet - I'd be willing to help if you wanted to try your hand at it though, though, as I have all the State and the FD Flags and a lot of the party logos already cropped in proper dimensions for this game, and have already done a fair amount of research. Iran could be quite interesting, except for the fact that if someone too reformist or reconciliatory with the West were actually elected, constitutionally Supreme Leader Ali Rafsanjani can legally find grounds to cancel the election and run a new one without that candidate or his sympathizers. BTW, did you look at my Yugoslavian election package thread?

I've seen that thread and I'm really liking where it's going. I'll admit, it's a daunting task, but you and @vcczar are very good with scenario ideas and execution, so I can't wait. Yugoslavia is a beast to tackle. 

Your help would be much appreciated when the time comes! If I end up doing Mexico/Russia, those resources will save some time and regional views Russia wise will be a lifesaver.

However, if I do try to make this scenario I'm definitely waiting until after the newer updates introducing the game changing features. it would be a shame to finish a scenario and then have to add voting blocs and favorability after, instead of including it in the base.

On 11/24/2016 at 0:48 AM, CalebsParadox said:

I've seen that thread and I'm really liking where it's going. I'll admit, it's a daunting task, but you and @vcczar are very good with scenario ideas and execution, so I can't wait. Yugoslavia is a beast to tackle. 

Your help would be much appreciated when the time comes! If I end up doing Mexico/Russia, those resources will save some time and regional views Russia wise will be a lifesaver.

However, if I do try to make this scenario I'm definitely waiting until after the newer updates introducing the game changing features. it would be a shame to finish a scenario and then have to add voting blocs and favorability after, instead of including it in the base.

Another idea would be to do a papal conclave with the game engine. You'd have to have a world map with the Cardinal districts carved out. That would be cool.