270soft Forum

1916 your comment?

Rarename91

2 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

So i was playing as the bull moose in 1916 and look at this Hughes lost the pv by 3506745 votes but won the ev your thoughts?

Capture.PNG

This is actually very possible in this time period

I assume because the actual 1916 election turned out much the same EV wise. However, the Republicans flipped California, Ohio, and NH in your scenario as well as lost WV. 

However, with the Bull Moose party factored in, I would find it highly unlikely for Hughes to win as that party draws from typical Republican support. Gamewise it makes sense, since it doesn't distinguish between the idealogy of voters. Later updates should account for this.

20 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

I assume because the actual 1916 election turned out much the same EV wise. However, the Republicans flipped California, Ohio, and NH in your scenario as well as lost WV. 

However, with the Bull Moose party factored in, I would find it highly unlikely for Hughes to win as that party draws from typical Republican support. Gamewise it makes sense, since it doesn't distinguish between the idealogy of voters. Later updates should account for this.

Indeed i  had bernie sanders as the green candidate in one game where he won vermont yet the dems won both pv and ev in the that round highly impossible in rl.

Archived