270soft Forum

Trump Presidency Poll (Liberal/Conservative)

Trump Presidency Poll  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Conservatives, how will Trump perform as President?

• Trump will be known in U.S. history as one of the all time best Presidents. He will vastly improve the economy, curb corruption far more than anyone had thought, and set the groundworks for the protection of our rights for decades to come.
    • Trump will be known in U.S. history as a pretty good President, akin to Wilson, Jackson, etc. He will fulfill some campaign promises, but may fall a little short of all that he promised. However, he will swiftly deal with the corruption of Washington and change the role of the Presidency in the 21st century for the better.
    • Trump will be known in U.S. history as a mediocre President. Historians will debate whether he had a truly positive or negative effect, but the general consensus is that he was more or less what you'd expect out of a president.
    • Trump will be known in U.S. history as a somewhat disliked and ineffective President. He may come through with some of what he says, but not as much as we'd like. Several campaign promises were too unrealistic, and he was unable to mend with Democrats.
    • Trump will be known in U.S. history as an awful President. He did not come through with his campaign promises, he could not unite the nation in a time of rising tensions, and corruption was not combated like he promised.
    • I am a liberal.
  2. 2. Liberals, how will Trump perform as President?

• Trump will be known in U.S. history as one of the all time best Presidents. He will vastly improve the economy, curb corruption far more than anyone had thought, and work with progressives and other Democrats to create a nation for everyone, regardless of political affliction.
    • Trump will be known in U.S. history as a pretty good President, akin to Wilson, Jackson, etc. He will fulfill some campaign promises, but may fall a little short of all that he promised. However, he will swiftly deal with the corruption of Washington and change the role of the Presidency in the 21st century for the better, as well as mend with the Democrats more than other Republican candidates would have.
    • Trump will be known in U.S. history as a mediocre President. Historians will debate whether he had a truly positive or negative effect, but the general consensus is that he was more or less what you'd expect out of a president.
    • Trump will be known in U.S. history as a somewhat disliked and ineffective President. He may come through with some of what he says, but not as much as we'd like. Several campaign promises were too unrealistic, and he was unable to mend with Democrats, perhaps dividing the nation further.
    • Trump will be known in U.S. history as an awful President. He did not come through with his campaign promises, he could not unite the nation in a time of rising tensions, and corruption was not combated like he promised. He fractures his own party, and can not work with Democrats whatsoever.
    • I am a conservative.
  3. 3. Are you optimistic that Trump will exceed expectations?

14 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

I'm curious how we all feel about our President-Elect, regardless of political stances.

I'm a bit dubious about my own prediction here. After he was first elected, the Supreme Court case and losing the popular vote aside, I'd actually predicted George W. Bush would end up in roughly the mediocre option. Then the 9/11 attacks happened...

15 hours ago, vcczar said:

MiddlePolitic voted twice

I am an independent,and centrist so I just chose for both

59 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I am an independent,and centrist so I just chose for both

La Follette wasn't a centrist, he was a proud progressive liberal. Yeah, it just irks me that you use him as your avatar and then support Trump. That's like me using a Ted Cruz avatar, claim to love Ted Cruz, and then vote for Elizabeth Warren, and denounce candidates that much better resemble the policies of Ted Cruz. It's nonsensical. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

La Follette wasn't a centrist, he was a proud progressive liberal. Yeah, it just irks me that you use him as your avatar and then support Trump. That's like me using a Ted Cruz avatar, claim to love Ted Cruz, and then vote for Elizabeth Warren, and denounce candidates that much better resemble the policies of Ted Cruz. It's nonsensical. 

I am center left,and I Love La Follete as a political figure,but I am more of a Roosevelt progressive.