Jump to content
270soft Forum

Electoral College Poll


vcczar

Electoral College Poll  

21 members have voted

  1. 1. Should there be an option to turn off the Electoral College in President Infinity?

    • Yes
      13
    • No
      3
    • I don't care
      5
  2. 2. In real life, what would it take for you to call for the abolition of the Electoral College?

    • I would never call for the end of the Electoral College under any circumstances.
      5
    • My candidate winning the popular vote, but losing the election.
      2
    • The other candidate I did not vote for winning the popular vote, but losing the election.
      1
    • A landslide popular vote win, but losing the election.
      9
    • Multiple elections involving the more popular candidate losing the election.
      10
    • If more states started to break up their electoral votes like Maine or Nebraska.
      3
    • If it looks like enough states would sign an amendment to abolish it.
      8
    • If my political party or favorite politicians/politicos calls for its removal
      4
    • If I ever personally lost an election, because of the electoral college.
      3
    • If I found out that 3rd parties would have a greater influence without the electoral college.
      4
    • If electors started voting more independently (faithless elector) more routinely.
      7
    • If I found the diaries of the Founding Fathers, and they stated explicitly that the electoral college should be removed, or if they came back to life and said to remove it.
      8
    • I don't know.
      1
  3. 3. What is your opinion on Faithless Electors?

    • Positive - I encourage their independents and/or their convictions that they need to change a vote if they feel the president election shouldn't be president.
      5
    • Negative - They should be bound to their vote, since the voters in their state expect them to cast their vote for the preferred candidate in that state.
      14
    • I don't know.
      2


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Electoral College Poll

Number 2 doesn't have an option for me already being of the opinion it should be abolished, and having been of that opinion for quite a while, needing no further convincing or rationale.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Patine said:

Number 2 doesn't have an option for me already being of the opinion it should be abolished, and having been of that opinion for quite a while, needing no further convincing or rationale.

Then I'd vote based off how you came about that rationale. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jonathan Kudelka said:

@admin_270I would favor an option of turning off the electoral college in president infinity so the Gubernatorial and senatorial or mayoral elections can be more realistic.

Same

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would only be opposed to the Electoral College if, for example, a candidate won past 270, but enough electors voted against the candidate to elect the other one who initially lost. For example, if electors switched from Trump and elected Clinton, despite her losing the electoral vote.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I would only be opposed to the Electoral College if, for example, a candidate won past 270, but enough electors voted against the candidate to elect the other one who initially lost. For example, if electors switched from Trump and elected Clinton, despite her losing the electoral vote.

Would you feel the same if Clinton was in Trump's situation and the Electors switched to Trump?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, vcczar said:

Would you feel the same if Clinton was in Trump's situation and the Electors switched to Trump?

Yes, I would be relieved for the country but not our democracy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...