270soft Forum

My Ideal Cabinet/Administration and Predictions for the Trump Administration

A couple of days before the election I was bored and decided to create my ideal Presidential Administration.  I put some thought into each and every position because I thought, maybe Hillary would pick some of the people I listed.  But then Trump went and won the election, so I decided to make my predictions for his cabinet as well.

My Ideal Administration

President:  Bernie Sanders

Vice President:  Sherrod Brown

Secretary of State:  Wesley Clark

Secretary of the Treasury:  Elizabeth Warren

Secretary of Defense:  Jim Webb

Attorney General:  Deval Patrick

Secretary of the Interior:  Mark Udall

Secretary of Agriculture:  Blanche Lincoln

Secretary of Commerce:  Robert Reich

Secretary of Labor:  Dennis Kucinich

Secretary of Health and Human Services:  Howard Koh

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development:  Greg Stanton

Secretary of Transportation:  Bakari Sellers

Secretary of Energy:  Jerry McNerney

Secretary of Education:  Michelle Obama

Secretary of Veterans Affairs:  Lawrence Wilkerson

Secretary of Homeland Security:  Avril Haines

Chief of Staff:  Jeff Weaver

Administrator of the EPA:  Bill McKibben

Trade Representative:  Tony Blinken

Ambassador to the U.N.:  Jon Huntsman

Supreme Court Nominees:  Merrick Garland, Barack Obama

Trump Predictions

Secretary of State:  Newt Gingrich

Treasury Secretary:  Steve Mnuchin

SecDef:  Jeff Sessions

A.G.:  Rudy Giuliani

Interior Secretary:  Sarah Palin

Agriculture Secretary:  Sid Miller

Commerce Secretary:  Lew Eisenberg

Labor Secretary:  Victoria Lipnic

HHS Secretary:  Bobby Jindal

HUD Secretary:  Pam Patenaude

Transportation Secretary:  John Mica

Energy Secretary:  Harold Hamm

Education Secretary:  Ben Carson

Veterans Affairs Secretary:  Jeff Miller

Homeland Security Secretary:  David Clarke

Chief of Staff:  Reince Priebus

Administrator of the EPA:  Myron Ebell

Trade Representative:  Dan DiMicco

Ambassador to the U.N.:  Kelly Ayotte

National Security Advisor:  Michael Flynn

Supreme Court Nominee:  William Pryor

11 hours ago, jnewt said:

A couple of days before the election I was bored and decided to create my ideal Presidential Administration.  I put some thought into each and every position because I thought, maybe Hillary would pick some of the people I listed.  But then Trump went and won the election, so I decided to make my predictions for his cabinet as well.

My Ideal Administration

President:  Bernie Sanders

Vice President:  Sherrod Brown

Secretary of State:  Wesley Clark

Secretary of the Treasury:  Elizabeth Warren

Attorney General:  Deval Patrick

Secretary of the Interior:  Mark Udall

Secretary of Agriculture:  Blanche Lincoln

Secretary of Commerce:  Robert Reich

Secretary of Health and Human Services:  Howard Koh

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development:  Greg Stanton

Secretary of Transportation:  Bakari Sellers

Secretary of Energy:  Jerry McNerney

Secretary of Education:  Michelle Obama

Secretary of Veterans Affairs:  Lawrence Wilkerson

Secretary of Homeland Security:  Avril Haines

Chief of Staff:  Jeff Weaver

Administrator of the EPA:  Bill McKibben

Trade Representative:  Tony Blinken

Trump Predictions

Secretary of State:  Newt Gingrich

Treasury Secretary:  Steve Mnuchin

SecDef:  Jeff Sessions

A.G.:  Rudy Giuliani

Interior Secretary:  Sarah Palin

Agriculture Secretary:  Sid Miller

Commerce Secretary:  Lew Eisenberg

Labor Secretary:  Victoria Lipnic

HHS Secretary:  Bobby Jindal

HUD Secretary:  Pam Patenaude

Transportation Secretary:  John Mica

Energy Secretary:  Harold Hamm

Education Secretary:  Ben Carson

Veterans Affairs Secretary:  Jeff Miller

Homeland Security Secretary:  David Clarke

Chief of Staff:  Reince Priebus

Administrator of the EPA:  Myron Ebell

Trade Representative:  Dan DiMicco

Ambassador to the U.N.:  Kelly Ayotte

National Security Advisor:  Michael Flynn

Supreme Court Nominee:  William Pryor

I would put Huntsman at state, and create the Department of Peace for Kucinich, which is a department he proposed. It would handle humanitarian work both foreign and domestic. I'm not sure if it would be cabinet-level though. I would make a few other changes as well. I don't if I'd have Warren at Treasury, since she isn't an economist. 

One of the problems with your ideal list is that it takes people out of the Senate, who need to stay there, since a Republican would appoint the successor. 

7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I would put Huntsman at state, and create the Department of Peace for Kucinich, which is a department he proposed. It would handle humanitarian work both foreign and domestic. I'm not sure if it would be cabinet-level though. I would make a few other changes as well. I don't if I'd have Warren at Treasury, since she isn't an economist. 

One of the problems with your ideal list is that it takes people out of the Senate, who need to stay there, since a Republican would appoint the successor. 

So after much debate with you,may you prove my prediction right my friend? I am very surprised Trump won Wisconsin and not Nevada and New Hampshire however I was predicting a PA and MI victory throughout,as you know.

Also now since this election is over Id like help with the 1960 election starting out and continuing to the rest that havent been done yet. Especially ones like 60,68,72,88,92,and 96

1 hour ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

So after much debate with you,may you prove my prediction right my friend? I am very surprised Trump won Wisconsin and not Nevada and New Hampshire however I was predicting a PA and MI victory throughout,as you know.

Also now since this election is over Id like help with the 1960 election starting out and continuing to the rest that havent been done yet. Especially ones like 60,68,72,88,92,and 96

hi i like help with that talk with my

3 hours ago, victor1313 said:

hi i like help with that talk with my

PM me I'm starting with 1960.

2 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Obama in the Supreme Court ... disgusting.

Wouldn't be worse, just a close to polar opposite, but just as bad, all-in-all, as Cruz, whose also been mentioned several times for such a role on these forums.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Wouldn't be worse, just a close to polar opposite, but just as bad, all-in-all, as Cruz, whose also been mentioned several times for such a role on these forums.

Except Cruz actually has experience in the Constitution and doesn't constantly try to violate the Constitution because Congress isn't doing something that he wants.

10 hours ago, vcczar said:

I thought about Huntsman at State but that would mean I would have to move Clark to Defense and I really wanted to keep Webb there.  That pretty much just left me with Ambassador for Huntsman.

I decided I was okay with taking both Brown and Warren out of the Senate for two reasons:

1. Brown would (hopefully) help Sanders win Ohio which I think would outweigh the loss of him in the Senate
  2. Warren's expertise in business law would benefit Sanders in dealing with Wall Street, and even though a Republican would be appointed to replace her, that would only be temporary, as Joe Kennedy III would probably run and win the Special Election.
4 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

Obama in the Supreme Court ... disgusting.

I know you obviously don't think Obama is a good President, but would you agree that a good President (whatever you think that is) who also has a background in law (as Obama did, as a civil rights attorney and teaching constitutional law at the University of Chicago) would make a fine Supreme Court justice, as they would have direct experience in dealing with the ins and outs of the Constitution?

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:12 PM, jnewt said:

I know you obviously don't think Obama is a good President, but would you agree that a good President (whatever you think that is) who also has a background in law (as Obama did, as a civil rights attorney and teaching constitutional law at the University of Chicago) would make a fine Supreme Court justice, as they would have direct experience in dealing with the ins and outs of the Constitution?

If that President has had experience in practicing Constitutional law (such as solicitor general) and was not focused on bending the Constitution when Congress does not act, then I would think that that President would be qualified for the Supreme Court.

1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

If that President has had experience in practicing Constitutional law (such as solicitor general) and was not focused on bending the Constitution when Congress does not act, then I would think that that President would be qualified for the Supreme Court.

But Cruz is in favour of upholding socially conservative legislation as constitutional that is, in effect, by intimation if not direct statement, unconstitutional and only deprives usually otherwise law-abiding citizens of basic rights enjoyed by other Americans, not for purpose of law and order, economic stability, national defense, protection of property, or other constitutional purogatives of government, but for enforcing a moral stance and belief system not followed by all Americans, in a country that also guarantees "freedom of religion, conscience, and creed."

I can't think of the remaining spots, but here is my "dream team" of what positions I am certain of.

President:  Albert Gore

Vice President:  Martin O'Malley

Secretary of State:  Bernie Sanders

Secretary of the Treasury:  Bill Clinton

Secretary of Education: Jennifer Granholm

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:29 PM, Patine said:

But Cruz is in favour of upholding socially conservative legislation as constitutional that is, in effect, by intimation if not direct statement, unconstitutional and only deprives usually otherwise law-abiding citizens of basic rights enjoyed by other Americans, not for purpose of law and order, economic stability, national defense, protection of property, or other constitutional purogatives of government, but for enforcing a moral stance and belief system not followed by all Americans, in a country that also guarantees "freedom of religion, conscience, and creed."

It is debatable because of the vagueness of some of the Amendments.  But, that is not nearly that same as what Obama has done which is blatantly violating the Constitution.

Just now, jvikings1 said:

It is debatable because of the vagueness of some of the Amendments.  But, that is not nearly that same as what Obama has done which is blatantly violating the Constitution.

Name me an American President since WW2, either Democratic or Republican, who could NOT be said to have violated the US Constitution or stepped outside the roles, powers, and duties of their office, putting aside motivations or possibly arguable necessity of the time, at some point or other in their presidency?

13 minutes ago, Patine said:

Name me an American President since WW2, either Democratic or Republican, who could NOT be said to have violated the US Constitution or stepped outside the roles, powers, and duties of their office, putting aside motivations or possibly arguable necessity of the time, at some point or other in their presidency?

I do not think I can answer this because 1) Even though I have studied past Presidencies, I have not gone into nearly enough depth to determine this, 2) I was not alive during most of those administration which would require lass of research like I stated in #2, and 3) despite what I said, there probably is not a President that has not which makes all those Presidents not valid for the Supreme Court under my requirements.

21 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

I do not think I can answer this because 1) Even though I have studied past Presidencies, I have not gone into nearly enough depth to determine this, 2) I was not alive during most of those administration which would require lass of research like I stated in #2, and 3) despite what I said, there probably is not a President that has not which makes all those Presidents not valid for the Supreme Court under my requirements.

In fact, there could be a case made that not a single US President has played within the bounds of the Constitution, depending on how extreme one is in regards to it. As this is the case, one could argue that if any Supreme Court Justice had become president, they probably would have operated somewhere along the scale of James Buchanan to FDR. 

Personally, I think Obama would make a great Supreme Court Justice. I think he would take the role seriously and be among one of the greatest writers in Supreme Court history. He's probably the only US President since Taft (arguably Wilson) that I could picture as a Supreme Court Justice. Naturally, I think there must be better suited judges than Obama--like Merrick Garland, for instance, who is really a swing judge. It would be one thing for Republicans to block a very liberal judge, but this guy gets high accolades from the same Republicans trying to block him, which is absurd. I think if Trump picks a swing judge, then the Democrats should confirm it. But if he picks a hard-core conservative they should go an eye-for-an-eye and do whatever they can to block it. If it is impossible to block it, it's probably better to just fully cooperate, and confirm the judge, as a show of being responsible. 

20 hours ago, vcczar said:

In fact, there could be a case made that not a single US President has played within the bounds of the Constitution, depending on how extreme one is in regards to it. As this is the case, one could argue that if any Supreme Court Justice had become president, they probably would have operated somewhere along the scale of James Buchanan to FDR. 

Personally, I think Obama would make a great Supreme Court Justice. I think he would take the role seriously and be among one of the greatest writers in Supreme Court history. He's probably the only US President since Taft (arguably Wilson) that I could picture as a Supreme Court Justice. Naturally, I think there must be better suited judges than Obama--like Merrick Garland, for instance, who is really a swing judge. It would be one thing for Republicans to block a very liberal judge, but this guy gets high accolades from the same Republicans trying to block him, which is absurd. I think if Trump picks a swing judge, then the Democrats should confirm it. But if he picks a hard-core conservative they should go an eye-for-an-eye and do whatever they can to block it. If it is impossible to block it, it's probably better to just fully cooperate, and confirm the judge, as a show of being responsible. 

Which proves that they should not be in a position to violate the Constitution in a legal position.

IDEAL ADMINISTRATION:

President: Ted Cruz

Vice President:  Marco Rubio

Secretary of State:  Lindsey Graham

Secretary of the Treasury:  Ron Paul

Secretary of Defense:  Tom Cotton

Attorney General:  Jeff Sessions

Secretary of the Interior:  Sarah Palin

Secretary of Agriculture:  Sam Brownback

Secretary of Commerce:  Rand Paul

Secretary of Labor (Combined with Commerce to create Department of Economy):  Rand Paul

Secretary of Health and Human Services:  Ben Carson

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development:  vacant

Secretary of Transportation:  vacant

Secretary of Energy:  Harold Hamm

Secretary of Education:  vacant

Secretary of Veterans Affairs:  Jim Webb

Secretary of Homeland Security:  Mike  Flynn

Supreme Court Nominees:  Mike Lee, Roy Moore

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

IDEAL ADMINISTRATION:

Secretary of Commerce:  Rabd Paul

Secretary of Labor (Combined with Commerce to create Department of Economy):  Rand Paul

That is a cabinet almost as scary as a zombie apocalypse...

Just now, Patine said:

That is a cabinet almost as scary as a zombie apocalypse...

From you Patine, that is one of your greatest compliments!:P

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

IDEAL ADMINISTRATION:

Secretary of Commerce:  Rand Paul

Truly awful. America would cease to be anything resembling great after 4 years of that. Immigration would cease, and the best and brightest would emigrate to other countries. Although, as much as I dislike this cabinet, the soundest picks are Graham for State, Webb for Veterans Affairs and Rubio for VP.