270soft Forum

USA 2016 Localised to Pennsylvania (WIP)

daons

Hi All,

After the excitement and drama of election night I fancied localising the 2016 scenario to the swing states, I am currently working on Pennsylvania given how close this was in the end and how pivotal to Trump getting 270. Currently all counties are created and mapped on one of Zion's maps and percentages are being worked on. The endorsers are the default national ones with Federal Senators and Congressmen and Governors to be added as well as possibly local TV/Radio/Newspapers for endorsers or interviewers.

The issue centres for each county are mapped to the party they voted for in 2012 but the percentages are 2016's figures to give a crossover and blend.

EVs are according to 2015 Wikipedia populations and Electorates are also the Wiki percentages.

I'm not a local so I have left the issue priorities to the default for Pennsylvania at the moment.

The primaries will be active also but it will be a giant click-fest on election day with both the GOP and DEMS polling on the same day in all 67 counties.

The Federal Election Commission is added as a spectator party

If anyone has some ideas to enhance this, I am open to suggestion :)

Here is a screenshot to give you all an idea on how it looks

2016 localised to PA.JPG

7 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Could u send me this map? Id like to use it for a senate race

That looks beautiful. I wish you would make one for Texas or Massachusetts. I've been wanting to create some historical local elections for those places. I just don't know how to make the maps work with the game engine properly. 

I'm waiting to see what the voter turnout was in Pennsylvania. If the turn-out was unusually low in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, compared to the other areas, it would explain Clinton's unusual defeat in this state. I think if the candidate weren't Clinton, but was O'Malley, for instance, Pennsylvania would have gone for Clinton as expected of a blue-leaning battleground state. 

3 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

The turnout was incredibly high in rural pennsylvania,also Trump one places like Erie county and was 1% away in Lackawanna

I have perfected how to make State maps works with the engines. So I will put those on my List First Ill do pa then,MA then TX

I want to do a future Texas election, where Democrats try to retake the state for the first time since the old racist days of the Democratic Party. Then I want to do several historic Massachusetts elections, including colonial elections. Many of my ancestors were in the colonial government in that state.

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I want to do a future Texas election, where Democrats try to retake the state for the first time since the old racist days of the Democratic Party. Then I want to do several historic Massachusetts elections, including colonial elections. Many of my ancestors were in the colonial government in that state.

Colonial Massachusetts scenarios would be tricky, because the Governor was elected by the General Court (the Colonial Legislature), not by popular vote, and the members of the General Court were elected based on towns (at least towns of significance of the day), not counties or legislative districts. It was a very different electoral system.

12 minutes ago, vcczar said:

That looks beautiful. I wish you would make one for Texas or Massachusetts. I've been wanting to create some historical local elections for those places. I just don't know how to make the maps work with the game engine properly. 

I'm waiting to see what the voter turnout was in Pennsylvania. If the turn-out was unusually low in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, compared to the other areas, it would explain Clinton's unusual defeat in this state. I think if the candidate weren't Clinton, but was O'Malley, for instance, Pennsylvania would have gone for Clinton as expected of a blue-leaning battleground state. 

This map among others are available for download on the 270soft Campaigns site (http://campaigns.270soft.com/category/maps/) that's where I found this PA one.

11 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Also @vcczar Have you thought about going back to all your old scenarios and doing the GE % per canidate? I could very easily help with that. If not just do them All. I have no classes tomorrow and its a Sunday so today Im working on scenarios.

I'm going to do a massive update to every scenario once Anthony releases favorability. You can help me when he does that. If you want. 

1 hour ago, daons said:

USA 2016 Localised to Pennsylvania complete and released.

Media outlets added according to http://www.cision.com/us/2010/04/top-10-daily-pennsylvania-newspapers/ and Statewide Papers from here http://www.abyznewslinks.com/unitepa.htm

2016 - United States presidential election in Pennsylvania.rar

USA 2016 in Pennsylvania scenario.JPG

hi you create scenario of governator/senate of pennsylvania too?

I am not able to download this and just get the error message, "The page you are trying to access is not available for your account. "

Advice...?