270soft Forum

A Poll for my Republican/Trump-Supporting Friends

Reagan04

(FOR REPUBLICANS AND TRUMP SUPPORTERS ONLY!)  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Did you at one point support Hillary to save the party?

• Yes, I still do!
    • No, not at all!
    • Yes, but I have since changed my preference.

I at one point thought that Trump would destroy the party more than Hillary would destroy the country. I also believed there was no reason to believe that he would govern with Social Conservatism at heart. However, the choice of Mike Pence began Trump's reconciliation. This culminated with the "Basket of Deplorables" comment where I drew the line. I was wondering if I was the only one.

12 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I at one point thought that Trump would destroy the party more than Hillary would destroy the country. I also believed there was no reason to believe that he would govern with Social Conservatism at heart. However, the choice of Mike Pence began Trump's reconciliation. This culminated with the "Basket of Deplorables" comment where I drew the line. I was wondering if I was the only one.

If you read the whole quote, she specifically qualified that the deplorable were the racists, xenophobes, sexists, islamophobes, etc. These are things EVERY American should find deplorable. Her mistake was labeling it as half the voters, which would would Trump supporters feel like allies to these truly deplorable beliefs. I can understand Pence being a reason to select Trump if you are an extreme conservative, but the deplorable comment is often misconstrued as an attack on all Trump supporters. The full quote is clearly geared towards KKK, women haters, people that want to ban all Muslims, etc. Basically, geared towards those un-American type voters. 

7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

If you read the whole quote, she specifically qualified that the deplorable were the racists, xenophobes, sexists, islamophobes, etc. These are things EVERY American should find deplorable. Her mistake was labeling it as half the voters, which would would Trump supporters feel like allies to these truly deplorable beliefs. I can understand Pence being a reason to select Trump if you are an extreme conservative, but the deplorable comment is often misconstrued as an attack on all Trump supporters. The full quote is clearly geared towards KKK, women haters, people that want to ban all Muslims, etc. Basically, geared towards those un-American type voters. 

What Hillary would consider racists, xenophobes, sexists, Islamophobes, etc. are not true examples of these people. I bet that I would be included in all those categories to Hillary, Obama, Warren, Sanders and their PC police. You might even consider me those things based off our previous encounters, though you are quite the intelligent Gent so I doubt it. @Patine might as well, but again just like you I have great faith that he again, much smarter than that.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

What Hillary would consider racists, xenophobes, sexists, Islamophobes, etc. are not true examples of these people. I bet that I would be included in all those categories to Hillary, Obama, Warren, Sanders and their PC police. You might even consider me those things based off our previous encounters, though you are quite the intelligent Gent so I doubt it. @Patine might as well, but again just like you I have great faith that he again, much smarter than that.

I think (my last comment before signing off for two days) is that both Trump and Clinton are deplorable themselves, in many ways, but I'm thoroughly against demographic-based stereotyping in absolute terms, regardless of whose doing it, for what purpose, or what their socio-political beliefs may be.

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

I think (my last comment before signing off for two days) is that both Trump and Clinton are deplorable themselves, in many ways, but I'm thoroughly against demographic-based stereotyping in absolute terms, regardless of whose doing it, for what purpose, or what their socio-political beliefs may be.

Good to know! :D

58 minutes ago, Jayavarman said:

Country before Party. :P

So you're GOP and support Hillary?

20 minutes ago, Jayavarman said:

I voted for Romney in 2012, Kasich in 2016 primary, Clinton in 2016 general.

Good for you, Jayavarman. Kasich is an admirable man. 

Archived