270soft Forum

Great classic election game to checkout link

TheMiddlePolitical

http://playdosgamesonline.com/president-elect-1988-edition.html

Thought youd guys like to see this its actually an excellent game,I wish there was a newest version of this @vcczar @Conservative Elector 2 @jvikings1 @Patine @QuickHead555

@admin_270 I know this is an old game but please look at the election night,I abosolutely love it. Even the week by week is exciting and the ability to just edit on the fly by choosing Ahistorical. Id like to see an election night and buildup like this it feels like an actual simulation on election night,going full screen gives you the complete feel.

16 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@TheMiddlePolitical I absolutely love it!

Glad you do! I think its excellent,combing the best of the future of PI and how this game presents itself with the presentation of election night and debates would be a perfect game!

42 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Glad you do! I think its excellent,combing the best of the future of PI and how this game presents itself with the presentation of election night and debates would be a perfect game!

election day mechanic is awesome!

Thank you for this tip. :)

No problem :)  @Conservative Elector 2 The election night and complete ease of customization (making a characther) is amazing,I wish they kept making there games,and I hope  

@admin_270 sees this and adopts some of its things like how election night is handled,debates,and so on. there may be a state % customization on president elect,I havent checked but if there is I will keep playing it! haha.

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@TheMiddlePolitical

Could you describe in detail the parts of this game that you like? Why it would be an improvement, etc. I'm not going to be able to download it. 

Its not a download you play it through your browser,no download needed check it out then look at the debates and election night.

Go straight to an election night first,you will be thoroughly impressed.

6 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Its not a download you play it through your browser,no download needed check it out then look at the debates and election night.

Go straight to an election night first,you will be thoroughly impressed.

Oh ok. That's cool. I'll try it out then

Just now, vcczar said:

Let me know what you think I think Anthony should adopt the election night it has,and how debates are handled.

-You can also edit inflation,unemployment,if theres a war or not and what the country think,countrys morale,and GNP

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

It's quite great!

I really think @admin_270 game is completely an improvement on this. I didn't see anything I would include in this game. However, I didn't get to see the debates, since Bush refused to debate every week in the game. The state-by-state results at the end isn't as realistic as the way Anthony has made the end of the game.

I did think of something Anthony could add to the game today, however. What if in the rallys, the surrogates of the state take part in the rally. For instance, Rubio has Cruz and Abbott endorsements in TX, those two would help him in a rally in their state. Rubio could also include a national surrogate to go in with him, if he wishes, like Romney, for instance. I think tailoring the rallys would be nice. 

I think the debates could be more interactive. Perhaps have the player select to boast or attack specific candidates in each round of the debate. He could make the debates 3 rounds, which gives 3 chances at success for the player. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

I really think @admin_270 game is completely an improvement on this. I didn't see anything I would include in this game. However, I didn't get to see the debates, since Bush refused to debate every week in the game. The state-by-state results at the end isn't as realistic as the way Anthony has made the end of the game.

I did think of something Anthony could add to the game today, however. What if in the rallys, the surrogates of the state take part in the rally. For instance, Rubio has Cruz and Abbott endorsements in TX, those two would help him in a rally in their state. Rubio could also include a national surrogate to go in with him, if he wishes, like Romney, for instance. I think tailoring the rallys would be nice. 

I think the debates could be more interactive. Perhaps have the player select to boast or attack specific candidates in each round of the debate. He could make the debates 3 rounds, which gives 3 chances at success for the player. 

I didnt think the game itself was great,I just thought the calling of states was really great,and debating its a game from 1988 so yes PI is much better,also having the lists with the states for R/D/I and Undecided states I really liked.

Archived