Jump to content
270soft Forum

New Fictitious US 2020 scenario


Patine
 Share

Recommended Posts

I may also do, in the immediate term of this timeline, 2018 and 2020 US House of Representatives and Senate, 2017 French, 2019 European Parliament, and 2020 Canadian and British scenarios. I pretty much have a clear idea of how each of those would lay out too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The candidates as, of this point, are:

DEMOCRATIC

-President Hillary Clinton (New York)

-Secretary of Defense Jim Webb (Virginia)

-Former Senator Russ Feingold (Wisconsin)

REPUBLICAN

Declared

-House Speaker Paul Ryan (Wisconsin)

-Senator Ted Cruz (Texas)

-Former Governor John Kasich (Ohio)

-Governor Nikki Haley (South Carolina)

-Senator John Huntsman (Utah)

-Congressman George P. Bush (Texas)

-Governor Susanna Martinez (New Mexico)

Undecided

-Senator Marco Rubio (Florida)

-CEO Carly Fiorina (California)

-Senator Tim Scott (South Carolina)

-Governor Charlie Baker (Massachusetts)

-Governor Mary Falin (Oklahoma)

Unknown

-Mr. Mark Cuban (Texas)

RESTORATION

-Mr. Arthur Green (Massachusetts)

LIBERTARIAN

Default

-Former Governor William Weld (Massachusetts)

-Mr. John McAfee (Tennessee)

-Mr. Austin Peterson (Missouri)

Undecided

-Former Governor Gary Johnson (New Mexico)

-Congressman John Monds (Georgia)

Courted but Initially Uncommitted

-Senator Rand Paul (Kentucky)

-CEO Tim Cook (California)

GREEN

Default

-Ms. Jill Stein (Massachusetts)

-Mr. Ajamu Baraka (Illinois)

-Ms. Kat Swift (Texas)

Undecided

-Congressman Matt Gonzalez (California)

Courted but Initially Uncommitted

-Former Vice President Al Gore (Tennessee)

-Mr. Leonardo DiCaprio (California)

-Mr. Michael Moore (Michigan) (also being courted by the Peace and Freedom Party)

CONSTITUTION

Default

-Mr. Darrell Castle (Tennessee)

-Mr. Scott Bradley (Utah)

-Former Congressman John Hostettler (Indiana)

Courted but Initially Uncommitted

-Reverend Charles Baldwin (Montana)

-Former Ambassador Alan Keyes (Virginia)

-Reverend Pat Robertson (Virginia)

PEACE AND FREEDOM

Default

-Ms.. Gloria LaRiva (New Mexico)

Courted but Initially Uncommitted

-Ms. Roseanne Barr (Hawaii)

-Ms. Darryl Hannah (California)

-Mr.. Michael Moore (Michigan) (also being courted by the Green Party)

REFORM

-Mr. Michael Steinberg (Florida)

-Mr. Will Baker (Washington)

SOCIALIST

-Ms. Angela Nicole Walker (Wisconsin)

Courted but Initially Uncommitted

-Senator Bernie Sanders

PROHIBITION

-Mr. James Hedges (Pennsylvania)

PIRATE

-Mr. Joseph Klein (Wisconsin)

-Ms. Brittany Phelps (Massachusetts?)

TRANSHUMANIST

-Prof. Ronald Bailey (Texas)

-Prof. James Hughes (Connecticut)

PAN-AMERICAN UNITY

-Journalist Juan Gonzalez (New York)

-Mr. Antonio Gonzalez (Texas)

INDEPENDENTS (SEPERATE TICKETS)

-Governor Donald Trump (New Jersey)

-Mr. Kanye West (California)

-Former Mayor Michael Bloomberg (New York)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One suggestion I have is that Kanye West should probably be listed as from Illinois.  He was raised in Chicago and takes a lot of pride in being from there.  If he has any regional bonuses it should definitely be in Illinois.  Also, you might want to start him off with "very bad" for his relations score with George P. Bush, as a result of his "George Bush doesn't care about black people," comment he made on live TV about his uncle.  You could he even have him repeat this comment as an event for the scenario, except you might want to change it to "George P. Bush doesn't care".

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, jnewt said:

One suggestion I have is that Kanye West should probably be listed as from Illinois.  He was raised in Chicago and takes a lot of pride in being from there.  If he has any regional bonuses it should definitely be in Illinois.  Also, you might want to start him off with "very bad" for his relations score with George P. Bush, as a result of his "George Bush doesn't care about black people," comment he made on live TV about his uncle.  You could he even have him repeat this comment as an event for the scenario, except you might want to change it to "George P. Bush doesn't care".

 

 

Those are definitely good points. And I guess having members of the Kardashian family as spouse/in-law surrogates would be a bonus when dealing with some groups, but alienate others...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd say more Green and Libertarian options. I'd try to find a Green supporter that is personally wealthy. For Libertarians, I'd try to find some more experienced hybrid-Libertarians like Johnson and Weld. 

George P. Bush is unlikely to run unless he's a Sen. or Gov. first. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

I'd say more Green and Libertarian options. I'd try to find a Green supporter that is personally wealthy. For Libertarians, I'd try to find some more experienced hybrid-Libertarians like Johnson and Weld.

George P. Bush is unlikely to run unless he's a Sen. or Gov. first.

I could have him beat Cruz in the GOP Primaries and win the General Election for the Texas Junior Senate seat in 2018, which would make Cruz a "former Senator" as a candidate in this scenario. Or, have, for some reason (I don't know much about him) John Cornyn retire before 2018 and Bush win a Special Election. Paxton's role as the new governor is part of the storyline, though, as of this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

I could have him beat Cruz in the GOP Primaries and win the General Election for the Texas Junior Senate seat in 2018, which would make Cruz a "former Senator" as a candidate in this scenario. Or, have, for some reason (I don't know much about him) John Cornyn retire before 2018 and Bush win a Special Election. Paxton's role as the new governor is part of the storyline, though, as of this point.

Yeah, I would do that if you want to include him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Patine said:

I could have him beat Cruz in the GOP Primaries and win the General Election for the Texas Junior Senate seat in 2018, which would make Cruz a "former Senator" as a candidate in this scenario. Or, have, for some reason (I don't know much about him) John Cornyn retire before 2018 and Bush win a Special Election. Paxton's role as the new governor is part of the storyline, though, as of this point.

The Cornyn would be more likely of the 2.

You could have Gov. Bruce Rauner as an option assuming he won re-election in Illinois.  Also, I see Scott Walker trying again.

Also, Curt Schilling (the baseball player) has stated that he will run in 2020 if Hillary wins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jvikings1 said:

The Cornyn would be more likely of the 2.

You could have Gov. Bruce Rauner as an option assuming he won re-election in Illinois.  Also, I see Scott Walker trying again.

Also, Curt Schilling (the baseball player) has stated that he will run in 2020 if Hillary wins.

Thanks for these. BTW, which state is Schilling from (forgive me, I don't follow baseball)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Patine said:

Thanks for these. BTW, which state is Schilling from (forgive me, I don't follow baseball)?

His home state should be Massachusetts.  He was born in Alaska (though I'm unaware where he grew up) but I know he currently lives in the northeast and is probably most well-known for his time spent with the Boston Red Sox.  He's also stated that he's going to run for Elizabeth Warren's senate seat if Donald Trump wins the election.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Patine said:

Thanks for these. BTW, which state is Schilling from (forgive me, I don't follow baseball)?

Schilling would be a disaster of a candidate. He has no following. He just led a Trump event the other day and only 15 people showed up. He doesn't interview well on political issues either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Schilling would be a disaster of a candidate. He has no following. He just led a Trump event the other day and only 15 people showed up. He doesn't interview well on political issues either.

Maybe a crusader or low-powered surrogate for the Independent Trump second election attempt campaign instead?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Curt Schilling would be a hilarious candidate, kind of like Kanye, as long as they don't gain serious traction.  He was polling at around 30% if he ran for Senate in Massachusetts which is good for him even though that would be a blowout.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2016-10-29 at 3:29 PM, Patine said:

2020 Canadian

Shouldn't that be 2019 Canadian because of the fixed-term election legislation? I'm also guessing you're assuming that this Trudeau was incapable of electoral reform, so you can still use the PMI engine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TGLS said:

Shouldn't that be 2019 Canadian because of the fixed-term election legislation? I'm also guessing you're assuming that this Trudeau was incapable of electoral reform, so you can still use the PMI engine.

You're actually right on that. I'd forgotten about that law for a minute. That would have to be adjusted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...