270soft Forum

Could the Republican Party Collapse Poll

vcczar

Could the Republican Party Collapse?   

19 members have voted

1. 1. Could the Republican Party Collapse?

2. 2. If the party collapses...

• it will be rebuilt along a similar platform.
    • it will merge with the Libertarian Party, becoming more Libertarian, but in favor of a little more active government than pure Libertarians
    • it will split into two parties -- a moderate and a conservative party -- which will allow Democrats to have a virtual one-party dominance for an election or so.
    • many will join the Democratic party, pulling that party to the center, while the remaining conservatives will make a new party, or join the Libertarians.
    • The party will not collapse, but it will have to regroup and reform.
    • The party will not collapse, and it will stay about the same as it is now.
  3. 3. If the Republican Party fragments...

• I will encourage the party to merge with the Libertarians
    • I will encourage the party to become more moderate
    • I will encourage the party to become even more conservative, forming a new party of conservatives only, if necessary.
    • I will encourage Republicans to join the Democratic party and try to change that more stable party from within.
    • I am not a Republican voter, so this question doesn't apply to me.

I think the party has pretty much collapsed already, and they are just trying to salvage everything they can.

I think that the Republican party could potentially spit into a more moderate republican party, and the Tea Party could become an actual party, not just a failed political movement.