270soft Forum

What are your thoughts on the things for the past that have come back for the nominees this past day?

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Party-line voting having become a necessity to the electoral political process is highly unfortunate. Political parties are one of the biggest poisons in the well of electoral governance, in pretty much every nation and self-governing or autonomous polity that has it (except for a few small nations in Oceania and a few self-governing territories of several nations, that run on strictly non-partisan systems).

What do you think is the remedy for alleviating the country from the necessity of party-line voting?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

What do you think is the remedy for alleviating the country from the necessity of party-line voting?

If I knew that, I would stand amongst such great political ideologues as Plato, Confucious, Thomas Locke, Thomas Jefferson, Napoleon Bonaparte, and Karl Marx...

32 minutes ago, Patine said:

If I knew that, I would stand amongst such great political ideologues as Plato, Confucious, Thomas Locke, Thomas Jefferson, Napoleon Bonaparte, and Karl Marx...

Well the answer is to construct a system in which party voting become much less practical. 

6 hours ago, vcczar said:

I wouldn't really call that an apology. If you watch the tape, it was probably the most half-assed apology I'd ever seen. He sounded angry while apologizing. It was one of the only times on campaign when he used a teleprompter, which meant it didn't come from his heart or possibly even from his own writing. Also, the film quality of the apology was extremely low grade, for whatever reason he went relatively lo-fi with the apology message. He was basically enraged that he felt forced to do that. I don't think he is capable of being apologetic. I think a lot of people that voted for him would even agree with me here. 

I do agree with you that other politicians probably talk like that pretty frequently, only Trump was caught. 

As far as Clinton's scandals, I don't see how her scandals are any more damaging to the country than Trump's Russia scandal, if even half of those things are proven to be true.

Overall, Trump and Clinton are the two worst candidate (in regards to corruption and integrity) in American history. I can't believe they won the primaries and faced each other in the general. Whenever Trump is done, may we never have such terrible candidate for any of our parties again. What a disgrace to American History. 

Agreed,his apology wasn't very "sincere". Maybe not the two worst canaidtes ever (Goldwater maybe) I am still giving Trump the rest of this term to prove himself. If Booker,Biden,or a good Centrist Democrat runs I will be voting for them. If not I will be voting third party,I refused to vote for Franken or Warren,or Kamala Harris. Those are the only 3 democrats i refuse to vote for.