270soft Forum

Forum Scenario Simulations

@victor1313 @Patine @Conservative Elector 2 @jvikings1 @ThePotatoWalrus @jnewt @Sanser2016 @SiorafasNaCillini @CalebsParadox @Jonathan Kudelka @Sunnymentoaddict @TheMiddlePolitical @SeanFKennedy @Reagan04 @Dallas @vcczar

[Note: the oddest part of these results is how many times someone wins the popular vote, but not the election. In 80 simulations, Democrats won the popular vote only 4 times, despite generally doing better in the matchups. ]

Test 1: Victor/Ackermann vs. Ramsey/Emerson

Ramsey wins 9 of 10 contests with an average of 300.2 EVs, but Victor wins the popular vote in EVERY election with a 50.5% average. 

Test 2: Green/Hale vs. Perry/As Na Cillini

Perry wins 6 of 10 contests with an average of 278.8 EVs, but Green wins the popular vote in EVERY election with a 50.7% average. 

Test 3: Wilson/Kudelka vs. Sunny/Sabolesky

Wilson and Sunny win 5 each, but Sunny averages 284.3 EVs. Both candidates average 50% in the popular vote, with Wilson having won it in 6 elections. 

Test 4: Ackermann/Kudelka vs. Sabolesky/Faberge

Ackermann and Sabolesky split victories 5 to 5. Ackermann averages 270.7 EVs and 50.5% popular vote, and winning it in every contest. 

Test 5: Hale/Taylor vs. Faberge/Emerson

Hale and Faberge each win 5 times. Faberge averages 271.5 EVs. Hale average 50.6% of the popular vote, winning it in every election. 

Test 6: Bachmann/Ackermann vs. Newton/Emerson

Bachmann wins 8 of 10 contests with an average of 286.1 EVs and 50.6% of the popular vote, winning it every time. 

Test 7: Taylor/Hale vs. As Na Cillini/Sabolesky

As Na Cillini wins 8 of 10 contests with an average of 286.7 EVs. Taylor averages 50.5% of the popular vote, winning it in every election. 

Test 8: Kudelka/Ackermann vs. Emerson/Faberge

Kudelka and Emerson each win 5 times. Emerson averages 290.7 EVs. Kudelka averages 50.4% popular vote, winning it in every election. 

Just now, vcczar said:

Test 5: Hale/Taylor vs. Faberge/Emerson

This would literally be the best match up ever. Hale and Faberge at the front of the ticket for elect-ability, and Taylor and Emerson at the end for strict Party ideologies.

Kind of like a Rubio/Cruz and Clinton/Sanders ticket would look like.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Test 7: Taylor/Hale vs. As Na Cillini/Sabolesky

As Na Cillini wins 8 of 10 contests with an average of 286.7 EVs. Taylor averages 50.5% of the popular vote, winning it in every election. 

Now that is Democracy right there!

8 hours ago, SiorafasNaCillini said:

Having more delegates or electoral votes than my popularity would be expected to bring seems to be a habit of mine.

gg either way man:)

On 9/22/2016 at 7:02 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

This would literally be the best match up ever. Hale and Faberge at the front of the ticket for elect-ability, and Taylor and Emerson at the end for strict Party ideologies.

Kind of like a Rubio/Cruz and Clinton/Sanders ticket would look like.

@ThePotatoWalrus

No, this would be more like Cruz/Strom Thurmond vs. Elizabeth Warren/Sherrod Brown. Patine and I are about equally left, but not as left as Sanders. Reagan is way right of Cruz. You line up about with Cruz. 

6 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

How kind...

I don't know any other sane, rational, educated, and self-aware 13-year-old in the Western World flattered by being compared to an anachronistic racist reactionary relic and monster like Strom Thurmond, myself...

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I don't know any other sane, rational, educated, and self-aware 13-year-old in the Western World flattered by being compared to an anachronistic racist reactionary relic and monster like Strom Thurmond, myself...

sorry do I need to add the *sarcasm* in whenever I say something that is obviously sarcastic