270soft Forum

CI Errors And AI Bizarre Behaviour

European Qoheleth (SANC)

I've noticed that the AI will criticise candidates even in seats where the opposing party doesn't have a candidate or it will criticise another party's candidate who's running unopposed and so would win the seat anyway. Also leaders can make gaffes even though they can't barnstorm. Another thing; economic indicators changed and it said that "Democratic is bad for economy" but it gave them positive momentum. Congress doesn't even show the economic indicators like games used to so I'm puzzled by this. It's not an event I made earlier as events don't work in CI. Hmm; I think I may have figured out the thing about the economy; in the scenario file (which I haven't edited) it says:

target id="economy_boom" economy_target="5" chance="20" speed="normal"/>
            <target id="crash" economy_target="1" chance="20" speed="fast"/>
            <target id="normal" economy_target="3" chance="60" speed="slow"/>

The speeds are wrong so they show up wrong. Crash should be slow and boom should be fast.

8 hours ago, SiorafasNaCillini said:

I've noticed that the AI will criticise candidates even in seats where the opposing party doesn't have a candidate or it will criticise another party's candidate who's running unopposed and so would win the seat anyway. Also leaders can make gaffes even though they can't barnstorm. Another thing; economic indicators changed and it said that "Democratic is bad for economy" but it gave them positive momentum. Congress doesn't even show the economic indicators like games used to so I'm puzzled by this. It's not an event I made earlier as events don't work in CI. Hmm; I think I may have figured out the thing about the economy; in the scenario file (which I haven't edited) it says:

target id="economy_boom" economy_target="5" chance="20" speed="normal"/>
            <target id="crash" economy_target="1" chance="20" speed="fast"/>
            <target id="normal" economy_target="3" chance="60" speed="slow"/>

The speeds are wrong so they show up wrong. Crash should be slow and boom should be fast.

This engine has so many bugs and really needs so many additional features. And I have a LOT of planned scenarios for it, too...

4 hours ago, Jonathan Kudelka said:

Which scenarios? What year?

I have already started an 1854 House scenario (the year when the record most separate and distinct parties and other political factions were all represented in the same House membership - six parties, one popular movement, and one independent. However, that's waiting on Anthony's somewhat promised idea of implementing effective coalition victory conditions before I can complete it. Also, though not specifically US Congresses, the German Reichstag elections of Imperial Germany between Bismarck's proclamation of a unified Empire in 1871 and the First World War, was closer in nature to the CI system, because the election centred solely on the legislative branch, usually with strong regionalism, and, unlike the true parliamentary system, did not select the head-of-state (the Kaiser) or head-of-government (the Chancellor) themselves, but checked them by endorsing and approving their budgets and legislations, so I plan some of those elections. And, I want to finish my old US Senate 2006 and Wisconsin State Senate 2010, my first two attempts at Congressional engine scenarios, that both have a lot of progress, but aren't quite done yet. Those are the current highest priorities, but there will likely be many others, especially if this engine gets satisfactorily updated

• 3 weeks later...