270soft Forum

Candidate creation

vcczar

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, vcczar said:

@TheMiddlePolitical

How about having pro-abortion Democrats protesting at a rally, or throwing tomatoes at you or something. I think that would sound more active. 

sounds good I'll switch it

1) A positive event that you could see yourself doing on campaign. 

Dakota Hale invites Muslim American to speak for him at a rally.

2) A positive event that you could see happening to you. 

Dakota Hale bravely continues speech as protester storms stage.

3) A negative event that you could see yourself doing on campaign 

Dakota Hale pulls back on previous campaign promise.

4) A negative event that you could see happening to you.  

Dakota Hale loses Tea Party support after meeting with Democrats in Congress.

Also, @vcczar, we should be allowed to choose at least two endorsements to receive at the beginning of the campaign. (Senators, Governors, and Representatives only, and they have to be in your party. No NRA endorsements, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, etc.)

Sound good?

If we did get to choose two, I'd choose Rep. Trey Gowdy and Sen. Marco Rubio.

@ThePotatoWalrus

I'll probably allow people to have endorsers lean their direction, but not all-out endorse them. I'm sure multiple people want Rubio and Gowdy as well, so you'll have to fight for them. 

Also, can you pick a specific campaign promise for your event that you will pull back on. I want the unique news item to be a realistic news item and it sounds a little vague right now. 

Sen. Green of Kentucky excites a big crowd with speech on protecting life.

Sen. Green leads massive movement to cut the budget deficit in the Senate; applauded by many well known economists

Right wing protesters question Sen. Green's commitment to traditional marriage.

Sen. Green calls Republican majority leader a liar on Senate floor during a debate on the border.

@jvikings1

I think you should probably change the event about the endorsement of the Libertarian Party, since the Libertarian people will be surrogates in the scenario. You could replace the party with a prominent and respected Libertarian that isn't already a possible surrogate. 

Just now, vcczar said:

@jvikings1

I think you should probably change the event about the endorsement of the Libertarian Party, since the Libertarian people will be surrogates in the scenario. You could replace the party with a prominent and respected Libertarian that isn't already a possible surrogate. 

Alright

Blue - MiddlePolitical
Green - Caleb
Dark Blue - Sunny
Purple - Jnewt

This is how I would see the Democratic Primaries going. I'm not basing mine off of balance and every one has a chance like @ThePotatoWalrus. this one is a bit more true to the game, with perhaps a slight bit of emphasis on platform positioning. The first state I still see going to myself, as Iowa has a thing for the more conservative, white, often religious candidate. New Hampshire is unsurprisingly Jnewt's to win, just because it can be a more liberal opening state. South Carolina no doubt goes to Sunny, but unfortunately that is where it ends for his campaign due to the stronger presence of The Middle Political in the same areas he would excel in. 

Super Tuesday and the resulting momentum boosts give more prominence to Middle Political and myself, but he being slightly more left than I as well as having inroads with more ethnic groups eventually leads him to victory without the need for a contested convention. Jnewt sticks around long enough to win areas in his comfort zone, but not much more than that. 

The remaining candidates were either fringe candidates with little chance of winning without player intervention, focused on later states and would drop out before hitting their prime, or just faced too much competition in the area they needed to excel in. 

Democratic Primary.png

[my response: Mayor Newton runs the Boston Marathon 3 years after the terrorist attack on Boylston Street]

[my response: Former Governor Deval Patrick appears at rally for Mayor Newton.]

[my response: Mayor Newton says "Far-right extremists pose a bigger threat to Americans than ISIS"]

[my response: Governor Charlie Baker calls Mayor Newton "an inexperienced politician who doesn't have what it takes to run a city, let alone the country."]

The Republican primary is a two man race from the very beginning. Blue for Conservative Elector, Green for Johnny, and a neon green for Jvikings. 

The most realistic conservative candidate wins Iowa, Conservative Elector. Johnny rides momentum and wins expectedly in New Hampshire. It becomes a two man race even before Super Tuesday, and after that it's essentially a Conservative vs Establishment, except that I'm giving a lot more to Conservative Elector than perhaps he'd get IRL because the game's momentum would help him ride to victory in the later states, but I think Johnny would still narrowly beat him out for the nomination.

Again, some candidates were simply unable to win a state. Jvikings wins only one, and I'm giving that to the game's wonkiness about dropping out late. Reagan and Walrus are likely to have very low starting percentages and radical platforms, leading to no states being won by the very much fringe candidates (Think 1/10th the support of George Pataki 2016). Dallas and other Southerners face great Southern competition from the other forum members, but I'm assuming that momentum from Iowa and South Carolina will lead Conservative Elector to be the only candidate with strong conservative values left by the end of March. 

Republican Primary.png

) A positive event happening on the campaign:

Sen. Sabolesky calls for ending the NSA

2) A positive event that could happen to me

Sen. Sabolesky gains support of Dennis Kucinich

3) A negative event on the campaign:

My response: Sen. Sabolesky attacked by elites of the Democratic party, for complementing Gov. John Kasich. 

4) A new event happening to me:

My response: Reports suggest that Sen. Sabolesky was caught smoking marijuana with Snoop Dog and Jimmy Dore. 

Sen. Ackermann founds the ''Conservatives for Affordable Health Care'' fund.

Cardinal DiNardo says the Pope would vote for Sen. Ackermann.

Sen. Ackermann builds his campaign team around lobbyists and investment bankers.

Centrists are angry with Sen. Ackermann, after he said he would only appoint conservative judges to the Supreme Court.

Here are my ideas. :)

8 hours ago, vcczar said:

@SiorafasNaCillini

Why don't we make your speech on economics more specific, ""______ speech is well received at the Harvard Economics Forum"

OK. A speech about lowering income tax for the bottom 1/3 is well received at said forum. 

11 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

Blue - MiddlePolitical
Green - Caleb
Dark Blue - Sunny
Purple - Jnewt

This is how I would see the Democratic Primaries going. I'm not basing mine off of balance and every one has a chance like @ThePotatoWalrus. this one is a bit more true to the game, with perhaps a slight bit of emphasis on platform positioning. The first state I still see going to myself, as Iowa has a thing for the more conservative, white, often religious candidate. New Hampshire is unsurprisingly Jnewt's to win, just because it can be a more liberal opening state. South Carolina no doubt goes to Sunny, but unfortunately that is where it ends for his campaign due to the stronger presence of The Middle Political in the same areas he would excel in. 

Super Tuesday and the resulting momentum boosts give more prominence to Middle Political and myself, but he being slightly more left than I as well as having inroads with more ethnic groups eventually leads him to victory without the need for a contested convention. Jnewt sticks around long enough to win areas in his comfort zone, but not much more than that. 

The remaining candidates were either fringe candidates with little chance of winning without player intervention, focused on later states and would drop out before hitting their prime, or just faced too much competition in the area they needed to excel in. 

Democratic Primary.png

I hope this is the case :) However I could 100% see @vcczar atleast taking Bernie sanders style states such as VT and UT

Congressman Sunny delivers an impromptu speech race/blm/police after a shooting in [insert city of your choice].

New York City mayor Bill de Blasio praises Sunny for his time on the Charleston City Council and working hard to keep rent affordable.

Congressman Shelby staff consist of politicians connected to Joe Riley (negative effect on corporation)

Progressive left is angry with Sunny after he gave a passionate speech at the Port of Charleston defending free trade.

My platform isn't radical. I could see myself doing well in funamentalist conservative states like Oklahoma, Utah, Idaho, and the Northern South. Politically, I'm slightly to the left of Cruz, and I hold all conservative values, but I won't impose any social conservatism on them. Like Kasich, I think the Republican Party should move on from the gay marriage issue. I wouldn't pass any laws against it. The only thing that I would ban is abortion. My platform is identical to Rubio's, even on immigration.

If it were a graph:

1. Rick Santorum/ @Reagan04
2. Ted Cruz
3. Rick Perry
4. Me

Hey everyone,

I've started inputting us into the scenario. 

I've put in the Republicans:

Gov. Victor Victor of TX

Sen. Willow Wilson of TX (Sanser)

Sen. Christian Ackermann of AR (ConservativeElector)

Sen. Jesse Green of KY (JViking)

Sen. Dakota Hale of OH (PotatoWalrus)

Rep. Dallas Bachmann of AL

Rev. Jakob Taylor of MD (Reagan04)

Mr. Jonathan Kudelka of SC

And now also the Democrats:

Sen. Tyrone Ramsey of PA

Rep. Patine Faberge of WA

Rep. Dylan Sunny of SC

Rep. Caleb Perry of TN

Rep. Sean Sabolesky of AZ

Mayor Jay Newton of MA