270soft Forum

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ThePotatoWalrus I defidently think I'd take PA it being my home state,and again with my strong stance againist NAFTA I think I have a really strong chance in places like IN,MI,OH,and WI and possibly even WV

6 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

@ThePotatoWalrus I defidently think I'd take PA it being my home state,and again with my strong stance againist NAFTA I think I have a really strong chance in places like IN,MI,OH,and WI and possibly even WV

and also being Moderate,and being able to reach over parties I also believe @vcczar would take Vermont,not me

2 minutes ago, victor1313 said:

what states i have chance?

I believe youd also take Arkansas and youd be close in all South states,and Indiana for example I believe youd should be ahead in all states @Reagan04 are ahead in he is very unelectable

56 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I believe youd also take Arkansas

He has to build a good campaign to do that, because I chose Arkansas as my in-game home state. :D

4 hours ago, Jonathan Kudelka said:

Reagan is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY to dominate in this scenario considering he would have zero base support (even if he was Governor of Alabama, I feel he would get destroyed in all the debates) I agree with Dallas being more competitive. Just because Reagan is a racist doesn't mean he gets ALL the southern states, Georgia could turn blue in 2016 and SC could turn blue in 2024 again it's not 1940

I'm not a racist.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

"I am not a crook."

-Richard Nixon

I actually do love that video. I am not, though, racist is defined as "a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another." I do not believe this and believe many black people would make much better presidents than many white people.

12 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I actually do love that video. I am not, though, racist is defined as "a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another." I do not believe this and believe many black people would make much better presidents than many white people.

That is not the exhaustive, definitive, or expansive definition. Webster's definition is for easy reference of common people day-to-day. However, if you read sociology or psychology texts about the topic "racism," there's much, much more to it then Webster's simple appraisal.

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

That is not the exhaustive, definitive, or expansive definition. Webster's definition is for easy reference of common people day-to-day. However, if you read sociology or psychology texts about the topic "racism," there's much, much more to it then Webster's simple appraisal.

Simply put an out-and-out racist is someone who would discriminate aginst another race, I would do no such thing, these days with all this PC liberalism (Which I know you don't condone), there are legit definitions that would include all white people, or literally everybody. Everybody has that little bit of Racial Bias in favor of your own race, you have it, I have and all the other forum users have it, it doesn't make you racist, it makes you human.

If I can request, could I get a 4 in both Ambition, and Ideologue? Those only affect how likely the candidate is to drop out after doing bad, and I feel that I would stay in until the convention, lol, it's my own worst enemy. Alternatively, you can check, "stays in until convention", but If I lost every state on a super tuesday, I would drop out.

Only winning 3 states isn't much but in fact that's pretty much what I expected for myself. I find it interesting that they're all in different parts of the country though. 

4 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

He has to build a good campaign to do that, because I chose Arkansas as my in-game home state. :D

Ahah! Didn't know that looks like youll be taking it :) ! If i remember correctly when I did my "forum campaign" you took the Republican nomination 2/3 of the time

Ok, just chiming in again before I grade more papers. 

Thanks Sanser for filling out the last candidate profile. I forgot who came up with the idea about having 2 good events and 2 bad events per candidate with them set at 50% liklihood for the scenario. That's an excellent idea. 

So if everyone could give me (pay attention to the phrasing--if you notice, they're pretty positive or damning events, but neither are guaranteed to float or sink me):

1) A positive event that you could see yourself doing on campaign. 

[my response: Prof. Emerson gives nationwide pro-labor lecture on Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness]

2) A positive event that you could see happening to you. 

[my response: Pope Francis publicly applauds Prof. Emerson's stance on helping the poor.]

3) A negative event that you could see yourself doing on campaign 

[my response: Prof. Emerson calls far-right social conservative Christians, "closet-Satanists"]

4) A negative event that you could see happening to you. 

[my response: Email leak suggests Prof. Emerson is uninterested in fiscal policy]

Overall, I will create events if you don't list any for yourself. I will probably create some in addition to what we list. 

Rev/Gov. Taylor gives an inspiring homily on faith and social issues at a joint-Sunday Mass with leaders of the Mormon and evangelical Churches.

The SBC calls Taylor "Good enough to unify with the Catholic Church" (Obviously this has a strong effect in the South, especially in the Dark Red States. See below)

Rev/Gov Taylor says that he considers himself a student of Barry Goldwater.

Pope Francis criticizes Rev./Gov. Taylor saying "He is only concerned with his guns and his Bibles"

Image result for most baptists by state

1) A positive event happening on the campaign:

My response: Rep. Bachmann addresses social conservatives, promises to fight for traditional marriage.

2) A positive event that could happen to me

My response: Sarah Palin publicly praises Rep. Bachmann's conservative platform: "One of the few good ones left"

3) A negative event on the campaign:

My response: Rep. Bachmann blasts Democratic agenda, "dominated by extremists and radicals"

4) A new event happening to me:

My response: Reports suggest Rep. Bachmann would consider a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage

(Something like this?)

39 minutes ago, vcczar said:

1. as Na Cillini's address about economics is well received

2. Pro-immigration group expresses support for as Na Cillini's position

3. as Na Cillini slips and falls into dung on a farm

4. Longtime members of the Democratic party slam as Na Cillini as an opportunist

Dr.Ramsey gives speech on the hope for the future of a Truly United United States.

Dr.Ramsey gives powerful speech on workers rights.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Tredeau solomy gives an international endorsement to Presidential hopeful Dr.Tyrone Ramsey saying "He is truly the man for the people,and wants a safe united world" 

Dr.Ramseys speech said to be "As power as MLK" as 30,000 come to presidential announcement rally.

Pro-abortion protesters protest at Dr.Ramseys rally.

Pro-refugee protesters protest at Dr.Ramseys rally.

Video shows that Dr.Ramsey opposes "Black Lives matter" (this could be a positive and negative).

I'm definitely going to have to refine some of these to make them newsworthy or something likely to bring positive momentum or negative momentum.

For instance, @Reagan04 "Student of Barry Goldwater" isn't bad on its own, since there are some things about him that might be viewed positively today. You'd have to put Student of Barry Goldwater's views on race, or that you are "a student of Barry Goldwater; opposes the 1964 Civil Rights Act"  or more clearly, "_____ makes a perceived racist statement at a rally." 

I made my negative things pretty bad. I'm not even trying to make it sound neutral. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

I'm definitely going to have to refine some of these to make them newsworthy or something likely to bring positive momentum or negative momentum.

For instance, @Reagan04 "Student of Barry Goldwater" isn't bad on its own, since there are some things about him that might be viewed positively today. You'd have to put Student of Barry Goldwater's views on race, or that you are "a student of Barry Goldwater; opposes the 1964 Civil Rights Act"  or more clearly, "_____ makes a perceived racist statement at a rally." 

I made my negative things pretty bad. I'm not even trying to make it sound neutral. 

OK how about Taylor says that he would have voted against Civil Rights Act of 1964.