Jump to content
270soft Forum

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

The Democratic party has won over the black vote with or without Obama being on the ticket at this point on time. In fact, it is likely black voters would also vote AGAINST you due to your views on the civil rights act among other things. Your views are likely even to distance yourself from even the Southern states, and you could forget about turning any of the current swing states just due to the nature of your politics.

While I personally don't harbor any grudge against you, when even a state like Texas is likely to be a batteground state, your chances are dismal. 

 

Texas would not be a battleground, that I can tell you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

your chances are dismal. 

 

I am very optimistic for a victory, I think that when I have landslide Hillary with Ted Cruz set to all Far-Right I am good at the game and I think I'll win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jonathan Kudelka said:

What's wrong with moderates? The GOP nominated a moderate in 2008 and 2012

I do not see myself going much left of my view. Hence why I would not endorse or pick a moderate V.P.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Ok but are we assuming that millions of uneducated blacks are coming out to vote for a skin color? And yes 203 is a stretch I'd say anywhere from 166-203 is about right. I'm optimistic I could win.

These "uneducated black voters in droves" comments only make you look like the uneducated one...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

These "uneducated black voters in droves" comments only make you look like the uneducated one...

Can't say it's not true! Blacks have been mindlessly voting Democrat for decades.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

These "uneducated black voters in droves" comments only make you look like the uneducated one...

I'm sorry, but if you're telling me millions of first-time black voters who voted for complexion didn't carry Obama to his wide victory then you are kidding yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Can't say it's not true! Blacks have been mindlessly voting Democrat for decades.

Well the blacks live mostly in cities as far as I know and so do Democrats so I doubt they're any more or less smart than any other group that votes Democrat or any other parry for that matter. People like to think that their own side are the smart ones but really politics is down to demographics, values and financial interests and the reasoning comes later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SiorafasNaCillini said:

Well the blacks live mostly in cities as far as I know and so do Democrats so I doubt they're any more or less smart than any other group that votes Democrat or any other parry for that matter. People like to think that their own side are the smart ones but really politics is down to demographics, values and financial interests and the reasoning comes later. 

 

True, if it was up to me, there'd be no parties, so the people would have to look at policy before voting. Thank you for being respectful and acknowledging my statement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

True, if it was up to me, there'd be no parties, so the people would have to look at policy before voting. Thank you for being respectful and acknowledging my statement.

Strangely enough, though constitutional scholars in almost every country say absolutely essential, the autonomous Bailiwicks of Jersey and Guernsey (and Guernsey subordinate, self-governing islands of Alderney and Sark), the Channel Islands, as they're known, which are British Crown Dependencies, but not integral parts of the UK, and self-governing EXCEPT for defense and foreign affairs), as well as several sovereign Pacific Island Nations, and the Legislative Assemblies of the Canadian Territories of Nunavut and the Northwest Territories, and until recently, the Nebraska State Legislature, all work just fine on a strictly (at least in terms of advertising, organization, and ballot notes) non-partisan basis, contrary to the statement such a system doesn't work, can't work, and inherently infringes on civil rights


 

20 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I'm sorry, but if you're telling me millions of first-time black voters who voted for complexion didn't carry Obama to his wide victory then you are kidding yourself.

You know, there's also a LOT of stereotypes of "uneducated White rural Southern and Heartland voters mindlessly voting for the GOP candidate, regardless of who it is, what their platform is, and how realistic and good for the nation it would be." I tend to view things beyond all such bad stereotypes. The criticisms I make about you I wouldn't blankly level at anyone JUST because they happened a Republican - I level them at you specifically because of the things you actually say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patine said:

You know, there's also a LOT of stereotypes of "uneducated White rural Southern and Heartland voters mindlessly voting for the GOP candidate, regardless of who it is, what their platform is, and how realistic and good for the nation it would be." I tend to view things beyond all such bad stereotypes. The criticisms I make about you I wouldn't blankly level at anyone JUST because they happened a Republican - I level them at you specifically because of the things you actually say.

 

Your right this should be stopped as well, but you know that these people are reliably GOP, these voters are just "YEP LETS GO VOTE FOR THE BLACK GUY AND NEVER RETURN UNTIL ANOTHER GUY LOOKS LIKE US!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

Your right this should be stopped as well, but you know that these people are reliably GOP, these voters are just "YEP LETS GO VOTE FOR THE BLACK GUY AND NEVER RETURN UNTIL ANOTHER GUY LOOKS LIKE US!"

You haven't differentiated the two stereotypes at all, despite giving one a clichéd quote in screaming capital letters...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patine said:

You haven't differentiated the two stereotypes at all, despite giving one a clichéd quote in screaming capital letters...

What I'm saying is one is a recurring thing that has become a fact in the GOP, much like the Solid South of old, but these guys were not loyal to the Dems, they were loyal to a complexion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

What I'm saying is one is a recurring thing that has become a fact in the GOP, much like the Solid South of old, but these guys were not loyal to the Dems, they were loyal to a complexion.

African-American voters have traditionally voted Democratic (statistically speaking) outside the South since FDR, and even in the South since the GOP took over the region from the old Southern Democrats in 1980's and 1990's. They didn't, statistically and as a tendency, just start just a voting trend with Obama, and anyone who tells you they is either outright lying or speaking from an utterly uninformed position, but attempting to sound as though they're speaking with authority on the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patine said:

African-American voters have traditionally voted Democratic (statistically speaking) outside the South since FDR, and even in the South since the GOP took over the region from the old Southern Democrats in 1980's and 1990's. They didn't, statistically and as a tendency, just start just a voting trend with Obama, and anyone who tells you they is either outright lying or speaking from an utterly uninformed position, but attempting to sound as though they're speaking with authority on the issue.

 

No No No, I'm not trying to tell you that  majority of blacks haven't voted traditionally Democrat, I'm sure Obama inspired A TURNOUT Boost, which leads to a higher percentage number.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

No No No, I'm not trying to tell you that  majority of blacks haven't voted traditionally Democrat, I'm sure Obama inspired A TURNOUT Boost, which leads to a higher percentage number.

It just sounds to me like a racist, stereotyped, sore-loser theory with no real backing in fact to me...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patine said:

It just sounds to me like a racist, stereotyped, sore-loser theory with no real backing in fact to me...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/21/us/politics/21vote.html

It's not a crackpot theory, it's a widely acknowledged fact about American politics, it probably just didn't get any coverage in Canada...:P

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyways, here's this:

1) Patine Faberge (not my real life name at all, but)

2) Congressman

3) Chief David Klamack

4) Washington State - Pacific Coast, New England (except New Hampshire), Hawaii.

5) vcczar, CalebsParadox.

6) : SiorafasNaCillini

7) Forward and Onward!

8) Businessman promoting fringe entertainment (roleplaying games, garage bands, etc.), Caucasian but philanthropic activist in Native American empowerment and relief of poverty and unemployment, and crusader against institutional corruption and refusal to accept the modern world, and recently elected upstarted Congressional member for the very liberal Washington 7th District, centred on Seattle, 40-year-old Patine Faberge plans to make a long-shot for the highest office in the land..

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patine said:

and recently elected upstarted Congressional member for the very liberal Washington 7th District

 

Do you Really want to be this guy....:P

Jimmcdermott.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Patine said:

@Reagan04

No, I'm assuming in this fictional scenario he's retired after 8 years in his seat, and I won the seat in the 2014 mid-term election.

 

I was just messing with you and sorta cooling the mood after our little discussion.:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just chiming in for the few free seconds I have today. Thanks to everyone who has submitted their candidate info. I don't know if I'm missing anyone. 

Since this is a forum election, the top surrogate will be Anthony. I putting his political views as Center, since he's aiming to make the game balanced, and because he's welcoming of conservatives and liberals. All current surrogates will be in the game. 

I had the misfortune of seeing some of @Reagan04's comments today. I usually hide them, for my own sanity, and to prevent myself from unleashing a counter-attack, but I used my phone to view the forum, and that doesn't hide his comments as my PC does, for some reason. 

Reagan, I'm just warning you to refrain from racist statements. You may or may not consider yourself racist, but your statements will be easily taken as such. Your platform and your conversation in these forums place you nearly, if not exactly, with Strom Thurmond--1940s-1960s version of him, I might ad. You may have some sort of pride in this comparison, but for the overwhelming majority of Americans, this is not a comparison to be desired. Thurmond could not win South Carolina today, nor any major office in the South. Ted Cruz would probably disavow support of Thurmond or of the KKK. You can be far-right and racially sensitive. I think Cruz, while his policies aren't always racially sensitive, I think his statements generally are. 

@Dallas, @jvikings1 @ThePotatoWalrus have very similar views to you in many areas, but they have refrained from extremist rants. They have, in short, conducted themselves like mature adults--like gentlemen--and like credible politicians. You, sir, have not. The combination of your statements, your views are going to put you in the minority, even among very conservative voters. You have said at least twice that you have won the game against Hillary Clinton with Ted Cruz. You are right, this is a game, and if you play this game well, you can probably win as yourself. However, the game is not reality, and you are not Ted Cruz. You are right of Ted Cruz. You also don't have the qualities of Ted Cruz. I dislike him more than any politician in my lifetime, but he is brilliant and good at politicking. He also knows when to keep his mouth shut. 

Currently, you are not going to look very good in this scenario. You, obviously, can edit the game as you so desire, but I will aim to some semblance of realism. I'm having a hard time determining your issue knowledge, since your knowledge on the issues are extremely one-sides and ideological. Your debate skill isn't look good, since you tend to just dig yourself deeper into a whole and isolating yourself from the majority of Americans, and the majority of your own party (You might do well as the Constitution Party nominee, or neo-State Rights, neo-Confederate nominee). Your charisma will undoubtedly be a 2, since the extreme politicians -- Kucinich, Rand Paul, Ron Paul, etc.--generally receive a 2, since they're only charismatic to those that already agree with them. 

If you are ever considering politics as a career, you need to seriously amend yourself. Your own party would be quick to distance themselves from you, even while they may agree with a lot that you say. Genuine, sensitivity and tolerance are upheld even by conservative Republicans. Think of Ronald Reagan, your avatar namesake. He would be appalled by the things you say on here on a daily basis. 

I'll consider fictionalizing you into a better candidate if you can refrain from racist statements. That is all. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@vcczar

 well I don't consider what I've said racist, I have not ranted, not lost my temper.While I consider what I have done to be just as friendly and gentlemanly a those mentioned yu obviously have not. I pray your bias against me not affect this scenario, I would like you to point out my racism", please, you said it should be amended, so please point it out when you see it, I have great respect for you, what you do for America's Future and Youth is undeniable,b ut I ask please don't shut me out, I have blocked or turned y backon you, I am not hot-tempered, so please, do tell me what is to be amended.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@vcczar

 well I don't consider what I've said racist, I have not ranted, not lost my temper.While I consider what I have done to be just as friendly and gentlemanly a those mentioned yu obviously have not. I pray your bias against me not affect this scenario, I would like you to point out my racism", please, you said it should be amended, so please point it out when you see it, I have great respect for you, what you do for America's Future and Youth is undeniable,b ut I ask please don't shut me out, I have blocked or turned y backon you, I am not hot-tempered, so please, do tell me what is to be amended.

If you have to ask... :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...